• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

Anyone else prepping and hoarding rank-up opportunities for the next DLC?

I've gotten most of my faction ranks just under a level-up rollover on two of my three characters. I plan on getting them all juuuuust a bounty away from getting a package.

I'm out of stuff to dump XP into, too, so I'm saving postmaster packages. I can open them all at once and rapidly level-up any new armor I get post-DLC.

Yeah but I probably won't start doing it until a week or two before HoW drops

Frenden

Banned
Yeah. I know my time is going to be limited with work stuff, so I've just been slowly getting all factions a sliver under ranking and hoarding public event packages as I go.

I have my cryptarch ranks one decrypt away from leveling and enough blue engrams stored to probably level a couple more times too.

I'm hoping at least SOME of the post-dlc-triggered-rank-packages turn into weapons or armor and not just mats or worse.

Anyone else prepping and hoarding rank-up opportunities for the next DLC?

I've gotten most of my faction ranks just under a level-up rollover on two of my three characters. I plan on getting them all juuuuust a bounty away from getting a package.

I'm out of stuff to dump XP into, too, so I'm saving postmaster packages. I can open them all at once and rapidly level-up any new armor I get post-DLC.

Nah, rushed it last time and for some reason i dont see the need to rush it this time ie getting to 31 ti finish crota to get to 32. Ive got a feeling we will be able to take our time with poe and still get decent gear

Hey all, I just got home in time for sword school, but there have only been two responses. Will stick around here for a little bit before calling it, Sign-ups here.

If there's interest I can still run in tonight, otherwise we'll be on for next weekend as normal I believe, and I'll post more reminders than I did this week.

I think that might be the old art for An Insurmountable Skullfort.

I figured it was something like that just never seen it before

Hey all, I just got home in time for sword school, but there have only been two responses. Will stick around here for a little bit before calling it, Sign-ups here.

If there's interest I can still run in tonight, otherwise we'll be on for next weekend as normal I believe, and I'll post more reminders than I did this week.

I think that might be the old art for An Insurmountable Skullfort.

Sorry Hawkian but I had family stuff come up just now. Was about to attempt a flawless raider and join the school. If this is still going to happen in an hour I should be back home with daughter and fiancee sleeping and be good to go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Alrighty, sorry sword schoolers! Just gonna cancel for this week, we'll be back on as usual next weekend and the two sign-ups have the spots if they can make it. I should've stayed on top of the sign-ups better during the week, and then today I didn't really think it was gonna be doable because of my nephew so I didn't post much for last-minute stuff either.
I figured it was something like that just never seen it before
That's one of the few items I remember having that had its art change while in my inventory (I'm pretty sure it was like the first or second exotic armor piece I ever got).
Sorry Hawkian but I had family stuff come up just now. Was about to attempt a flawless raider and join the school. If this is still going to happen in an hour I should be back home with daughter and fiancee sleeping and be good to go.
It's all good, I didn't stay on top of things like I should've this week and we didn't really have the numbers. If you're available next weekend you've got the spot.

I think there is a glitch...

We are doing flawless raid Crota. I died jumping at the start...

The Trophy: Your an Asshole did not pop.

Anyone else have this issue?

MickeyPhree

Alrighty, sorry sword schoolers! Just gonna cancel for this week, we'll be back on as usual next weekend and the two sign-ups have the spots if they can make it. I should've stayed on top of the sign-ups better during the week, and then today I didn't really think it was gonna be doable because of my nephew so I didn't post much for last-minute stuff either.
That's one of the few items I remember having that had its art change while in my inventory (I'm pretty sure it was like the first or second exotic armor piece I ever got).

It's all good, I didn't stay on top of things like I should've this week and we didn't really have the numbers. If you're available next weekend you've got the spot.

Are you running a vog on Thursday?

Impala26

lol
0219be2c9380dd8cec4db38496c83834.png

This is some GOLDEN stuff right here, lol.

I think there is a glitch...

We are doing flawless raid Crota. I died jumping at the start...

The Trophy: Your an Asshole did not pop.

Anyone else have this issue?

It's best for one player to solo the Abyss while the other 5 stay up top. Don't even jump down, cause the fall can kill you sometimes.

Also, if you jump down after one or more players have already jumped down, you can't jump down unless they wipe.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I said it before. You can get rid of the darkness in the Abyss section. Have one person start up the raid. While forming the bridge before it fully forms, everyone joins in. Because the darkness will not appear while people are joining if you time it right, the point person will enter the Abyss with no darkness. You can run around freely without it.

nOoblet16

I said it before. You can get rid of the darkness in the Abyss section. Have one person start up the raid. While forming the bridge before it fully forms, everyone joins in. Because the darkness will not appear while people are joining if you time it right, the point person will enter the Abyss with no darkness. You can run around freely without it.

Or you can play a hunter and use mida multitool and outrun the thralls by simply walking through the abyss :p

lt519

As far as hoarding reputation for the patch I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't important. I have three characters ready to roll over vanguard and crypatrch all with 10 completed bounties of 5000xp. I think there will be new vendors in the reef with the good gear while the tower vendors get relegated to bringing every one up to level 32. I'm trying it out anyway but I'm not expecting to get any HoW gear out of hoarding. The best may be some quick leveling of an exotic upgrade.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All classes can do the jump but Titans are most successful. The others are far harder to do now. I can always solo Abyss in less than 5 minutes with a defender Titan on any difficulty.

They're doing flawless. You can't have players join in later, that counts as a death.

Also this method sounds pointless to me. If one player is soloing the abyss, what difference does it make if the other players spawn in without the weight of darkness, sit at the top or just join in after the bridge is built?

Unless you want to waste time exploring the Abyss, I don't really see the point.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They're doing flawless. You can't have players join in later, that counts as a death.

Also this method sounds pointless to me. If one player is soloing the abyss, what difference does it make if the other players spawn in without the weight of darkness, sit at the top or just join in after the bridge is built?

Unless you want to waste time exploring the Abyss, I don't really see the point.

Because it's fun to try at least once. Jumping around in air laughing at the thralls for all those times they killed you in previous runs.

man flawless is stressful. hands are cold AF right now. don't die chowder, don't die chowder....

Try doing VoG flawless. Makes the best players sweat at the jumping puzzle :p

All classes can do the jump but Titans are most successful. The others are far harder to do now.

Well true, they have the highest jump so it is easier.

Because it's fun to try at least once. Jumping around in air laughing at the thralls for all those times they killed you in previous runs.

haha okay, that is why you run abyss with hunter = no deaths :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just to put it simply. Titans own CE as a whole. Any section can be done solo and much easier than the other classes. We could debate the classes when HOW arrives but no raids. Thanks Bungie.

nOoblet16

Just to put it simply. Titans own CE as a whole. Any section can be done solo and much easier than the other classes. We could debate the classes when HOW arrives but no raids. Thanks Bungie.

Except running sword and the abyss again. Hunters are better choice easily especially in HM where you can just hide with invisibility while you wait for the bridge to form.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Except running sword and the abyss again. Hunters are better choice easily especially in HM where you can just hide with invisibility while you wait for the bridge to form.

You don't need invisibility. It's just icing and safety measure. You can simply just duck and hide there with any classes. I've done it a billion times with various teams using warlocks and titans.

Running sword with teams, Hunter is the best no doubt. On normal it doesn't really matter. But taking on Crota solo is pretty much even between all classes. Normal you can use any legendary or exotic heavy but hard you definitely need a Horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom