• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First nightfall of the week, and I get energy. I thought that was out of the nf loot table from the last patch but I guess I was assuming it all wrong from the comments haha. Bungie pls

Back to the gamedev

Magik

Big thanks to all that helped out to get that flawless!

Getting flawless raider and the two other clan trophies in one night is quite nice.

Now to do that Salvage trophy for Guardian Lord.

LTWood12

DISCLAIMER: I AM A SCRUB AND YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE ANY OF THIS AS LAW. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SALTY OPPONENTS, PROFANITY LACED MESSAGES, TEABAGGED CORPSES OR THE SUDDEN URGE TO DISMANTLE YOUR LAST WORD

Thanks for putting so much work into this Zoba! So much good info here!

LTWood12

Man I missed the flawless party! Was able login for some super spotty remote play from about 500 miles from my ps4. Can't do much other than a few bounties.

Guess I'll have to live vicariously through Gaf for the next few days. My man t-44 is going to login as me on Tuesday to try and get me that last piece of Warlock gear. What a pal.

MickeyPhree

FaC6Q7Hh.jpg

I want to thank all you guys on DestinyGAF for making this possible. Never would have accomplished if you guys weren't there to help!

Trying to get good at crucible in prep for trials of osiris. This shit is hard. But i will not let any exotic escape my grip!

Cant seem to find a gun that suits me

Congrats to all the new flawless raiders and Guardian Lords!

I actually would love to try that. But I need to practice the damn jumping part.

It is not even about practice, I've probably died there only 2 or 3 times in all my VoG runs.
And you can now probably guess that it happened during flawless runs :p

Ryck

Man I missed the flawless party! Was able login for some super spotty remote play from about 500 miles from my ps4. Can't do much other than a few bounties.
I was under the impression remote play only worked in the same house on the same network. How?!??

Thorn is way better but the bounty is way harder. By far the hardest and most time consuming in the game.

If you are OK at PvP then the invective bounty is easier. If you suck at PvP then the Thorn bounty is much easier. The Thorn bounty has the hardest final mission of all the bounties. It's slightly harder than a NF. But it's a lot of fun!

Do you want a HC or a Shotgun?

At this point all can't decide between the HC or shotgun but feel like going with the shotgun considering it is one of the best weapons in the game.

Thorn.

Pie and I have it as well, we can do it together.

Oh awesome then. Thorn it is.

I was under the impression remote play only worked in the same house on the same network. How?!??

You can set it to work over the Internet! Just make sure your PS4 isn't behind a firewall and has a decent upload speed. Ive bought a few weapons from Xûr while away on weekends using remote play. Such an awesome feature!

^^^ since people are asking about it- Edit: I'm down to do flawless now if anyone else is looking for it. CE for trophies or VoG for fun challenge.

Flawless raiding failed ! After being stuck in the bridge we go through but don't kill Deathsinger in time and die.

Welp, now I feel bad for not being able to stick around for the runs. (edit: just kidding)

EJ's suggestion about blinding bubble by the right side thrall spawn door during Ir Yut is definitely a good idea, we've used that a few times. Otherwise snipers and MGs should be able to clear everything out well without the rocket-risk.

I only recommend rockets for clearing the outsides during Ir Yut, when shooting from a clear area in the Boomer Towers. Rockets anywhere inside the Crystal area are pretty risky. Then rockets for Scrota shield breaks are good as long as everyone has a clearly defined position to stand and shoot. Honestly NM shield breaks are so easy scouts and MGs can get it done just fine.

Going to start working on a CE flawless tips post now.

throw a link to zoba's tlw guide into the OP!

Yep, already working on it. :)

Just getting back in the thread/caught up now. OT President is hard work folks /s. But seriously props to Hawkian for running it as well as he did for so long when threads were lightning speed.

Welp, looks like people got it anyway, nice!

Yup yup! We only had to restart three times I think... Once because someone died on the fall to the abyss (we all stayed up top except Tokems after that lol). Second time was because the bridge started to deconstruct while nooblet(?) was getting across, and third time at Ir Yut.

Didn't take as long as I thought :3

Ryck

You can set it to work over the Internet! Just make sure your PS4 isn't behind a firewall and has a decent upload speed. Ive bought a few weapons from Xûr while away on weekends using remote play. Such an awesome feature!
I looked it up a little while ago and it said it worked with Vita. Any idea if it also works with Pstv? Been thinking of picking one up.

RdN

What am amazing RNG day that I had.

First got the Fatebringer, and just now I got the Vex Mythoclast!

With that, the only VoG weapon that's missing is the Fusion Rifle that refuses to drop.

What am amazing RNG day that I had.

First got the Fatebringer, and just now I got the Vex Mythoclast!

With that, the only VoG weapon that's missing is the Fusion Rifle that refuses to drop.

Yeah the praetorian foil is probably the rarest gun in the game. Don't think I've actually seen one drop yet.

Also found out just now that the vanguard vendors are selling gear with fur like the stuff Shaxx has! Went and blew a bunch of marks on them lol. Worth it:

cfptnj.JPG

qsaajv.JPG

PSN black_stig if you'd like to add me.

Welcome! And thanks for posting a nice greeting. I'll add you shortly (PSN is DrDrizzay101), I'm always around and happy to help sherpa raids etc.

I would love to run a Hard VoG for old times sake.

I would love to set up a "No cheese allowed, all VoG armor/weapons/shaders run" sometime. I know people like deafmedal and morris would be up for it, could maybe even convince Sword of Ck to come back for that.

Didn't take as long as I thought :3

Awesome work! Glad to hear you guys knocked it out so well.

Definitely consider flawless VoG sometime, just for fun. It's still my favorite thing to do in the game.

That triple post :p.

lol yeah that was pretty sweet. Sometimes I try to copy-pasta a bunch of quotes (like this) but sometimes there's too much stuff to get caught up on, too many posts I'm trying to respond to... Honestly it's kinda silly to me, whether people see a bunch of quotes grouped into one post or across 2-3 posts :p

I remember doing some Flawless VoG runs with you and your people back in the day. If I'm not mistaken, one day we wiped 3 consecutive runs just going from opening the door to the Conflux floor. Then people admitted it wasn't a good time to try, haha.

From early December... I was (and still am) fascinated by how the spire activates to open VoG.

Stantron

Congrats to the new flawless raiders.
I still remember well the nervousness of doing the VoG jumping platforms, the failed glitch runs, and eventually the thrill of victory. Good times with GAF crew. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom