• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the praetorian foil is probably the rarest gun in the game. Don't think I've actually seen one drop yet.

Also found out just now that the vanguard vendors are selling gear with fur like the stuff Shaxx has! Went and blew a bunch of marks on them lol. Worth it:

cfptnj.JPG

qsaajv.JPG

Really wish exotics were dyeable. That Glasshouse is just lol.

Thanks for the help! Nice one on truth. I'm all set to decrypt my engram into energy!

Edit* shards lol

Yeah, it's kinda lame that it decrypts into shards and not energies...but shards seem to be harder to get.

Congrats on the flawless guys!

Thanks I'm happy I got Truth
I'm certainly not telling it

So uh...is pocket infinity glitched? It doesn't fast auto fire like I thought it would. I mean, sometimes it does, but sometimes it has to charge up every time and then fire(Like...if a pulse rifle had auto, but for the fusion rifle. And with the charge time for each shot.)

So uh...is pocket infinity glitched? It doesn't fast auto fire like I thought it would. I mean, sometimes it does, but sometimes it has to charge up every time and then fire(Like...if a pulse rifle had auto, but for the fusion rifle. And with the charge time for each shot.)

It is glitched. Unequip and re-equip it if it's doing the charge up thing too much, that's not ever supposed to happen.But don't worry, they reduced the failure rate during edge state conditions or w/e the hell the patch notes claimed, i.e. didn't actually fix it.

Sorta like "Scrota waits to stand before swinging his sword even though this never had anything to do with anything and doesn't fix the associated glitches whatsoever." To their credit the disappearing sword glitch is legit fixed.

Ok apparently switching special weapons 'fixes' the auto mode for pocket infinity.

....into the trash it goes.

It is glitched. Unequip and re-equip it if it's doing the charge up thing too much, that's not ever supposed to happen.But don't worry, they reduced the failure rate during edge state conditions or w/e the hell the patch notes claimed, i.e. didn't actually fix it.

Sorta like "Scrota waits to stand before swinging his sword even though this never had anything to do with anything and doesn't fix the associated glitches whatsoever." To their credit the disappearing sword glitch is legit fixed.

That's...lame as fuck. It went from a 'OH MY GOD WHAT IS HAPPENING GREGOR' weapon into a 'GREGOR DISMANTLE THIS TRASH' when I saw that glitch.

GutZ31

Yeah, it's kinda lame that it decrypts into shards and not energies...but shards seem to be harder to get.

Thanks I'm happy I got Truth
I'm certainly not telling it

Bungie nerfed pocket infinity very early on, and its been a broken mess ever since.

They keep trying to "fix" it every other major update, but tend to break something else before releasing the update, and so it never gets fixed.

I remember doing some Flawless VoG runs with you and your people back in the day. If I'm not mistaken, one day we wiped 3 consecutive runs just going from opening the door to the Conflux floor. Then people admitted it wasn't a good time to try, haha.

Haha yeah I was there, I remember one of our friends missing the jump after the first chest twice. That was not a good day haha.
My second try at flawless was actually in CE already, but we made the mistake of inviting a LFG random that kept on blinking causing some wipes.
Last week we tried again with 5 man and we knocked it out without any problems.

Bungie nerfed pocket infinity very early on, and its been a broken mess ever since.

They keep trying to "fix" it every other major update, but tend to break something else before releasing the update, and so it never gets fixed.

I remember hearing of the nerf. No wonder I never see this gun....I mean, it's definitely a FUN weapon to use. Just having the potential for firing off infinite Fusions.

Now it's a broken sad piece....I won't dismantle it, I shall cherish it. As the (potentially) fun weapon who's potential(potential) was ruined early on.(potentially ruined)

Haha is it any good?

Yeah it's awesome. Highest impact fusion rifle in the game (97) with excellent perks like Accelerated Coils. The Glass Half Full perk with Reactive Reload is a great combo since you can do more damage towards the bottom of the mag which ensures you'll have killed something before you need to reload which then makes the top half of the mag do more damage also.

Incredible Oracle-killer during Atheon (although Found Verdict is still the true min/max champ) and a blast to use during VoG in general. Assuming HoW upgrades it to 365 it'll be my go-to PvE fusion again. Just a shame that so few people have it/had it before TDB boosted the Attack ceiling.

Yeah it's awesome. Highest impact fusion rifle in the game (97) with excellent perks like Accelerated Coils. The Glass Half Full perk with Reactive Reload is a great combo since you can do more damage towards the bottom of the mag which ensures you'll have killed something before you need to reload which then makes the top half of the mag do more damage also.

Incredible Oracle-killer during Atheon (although Found Verdict is still the true min/max champ) and a blast to use during VoG in general. Assuming HoW upgrades it to 365 it'll be my go-to PvE fusion again. Just a shame that so few people have it/had it before TDB boosted the Attack ceiling.

Holy crap. Didn't realize the stats were so great. I need to run more HM VoG. I still need that Mythoclast too...

lol yeah that was pretty sweet. Sometimes I try to copy-pasta a bunch of quotes (like this) but sometimes there's too much stuff to get caught up on, too many posts I'm trying to respond to... Honestly it's kinda silly to me, whether people see a bunch of quotes grouped into one post or across 2-3 posts :p

I remember doing some Flawless VoG runs with you and your people back in the day. If I'm not mistaken, one day we wiped 3 consecutive runs just going from opening the door to the Conflux floor. Then people admitted it wasn't a good time to try, haha.

Haha very true, trying to quote multiple people over multiple pages can get annoying very quickly, especially on mobile.

Yep, like Robinson said, some of the most mindboggling wipes occurred in those games. I felt so bad at the time for pulling you into that, as it was a huge waste of time for everyone involved. I mean, three consecutive wipes on jumping towards the Templar... luckily for those guys CE has no jumping puzzle, haha.

That being said, VoG flawless no cheese fun run could be amazing. Here's to hoping VoG gets a difficulty bump/random modifiers in the future as well to promote its longevity. Best raid by miles.

That being said, VoG flawless no cheese fun run could be amazing. Here's to hoping VoG gets a difficulty bump/random modifiers in the future as well to promote its longevity. Best raid by miles.

Yes pls! Solar burn Hobbies, Lightswitch Minotaurs and arc shielded oracles during the jumping puzzle!
Although we already have the lag modifier, still can't believe how Atheon resurrected himself...

Speaking of all this Flawless jibber-jabber, I still really want to do HM VoG Flawless.

I've wanted to do it since we finished our first NM Flawless back in November, but everyone else was too scared! You're not still scared, are you DGAF?
Yes I'm trying to shame you into participating.

Haha yeah I was there, I remember one of our friends missing the jump after the first chest twice. That was not a good day haha.

Yep, like Robinson said, some of the most mindboggling wipes occurred in those games. I felt so bad at the time for pulling you into that, as it was a huge waste of time for everyone involved..

Nice, glad you guys remember it! I also remember getting a little grumpy about it, as I tend to do from time to time, haha.

People definitely shouldn't feel bad; playing with DGAF'ers has always been my favorite part of this game. I tend to be "passionate" (as Lik called it) which sometimes comes off as "abrasive" (as Milkham once dubbed me). ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

we made the mistake of inviting a LFG random that kept on blinking causing some wipes

Blinking during PvE, let alone Flawless runs, is just... wut. The only reason I can think of would be VoG Flawless Blink-Only Challenge run.

Foil is great on Minotaurs too, even though it's solar. Wipes the shield in one hit.

Good point. It's just that powerful. I love high Impact weapons, period.

Blinking during PvE, let alone Flawless runs, is just... wut. The only reason I can think of would be VoG Flawless Blink-Only Challenge run.

We didn't know at first, but as we dropped down, he already caused the first wipe by blinking upwards and bumping someone to the side.
The most funny thing was that he screamed WHY ARE WE GOING TO ORBIT?!

We didn't know at first, but as we dropped down, he already caused the first wipe by blinking upwards and bumping someone to the side.
The most funny thing was that he screamed WHY ARE WE GOING TO ORBIT?!

Hahaha yeah, he could not fathom why we went to orbit after deaths, yet didn't feel like leaving either. The LFG post clearly stated flawless run, but I guess he just didn't know what it meant. Or something.

Gotta hand it to him though, he was able to blink solo through the shrieker hallway without dieing. It's something, I guess.

And that's why you don't do flawless with randoms.

teeny

Hello Destiny GAF. I originally passed over this game as I am not really good at shooters and knew this was very online focussed. But I was gifted it a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked, despite myself.

My word, though, I'm not great. I'm scared of doing the strikes with randoms, don't think I'll have the guts to do raids when it comes to it. I like the PVP, preferring Control because even if I die a lot I can still feel I am contributing! These threads have been a massive help though, so thanks :)

Hello Destiny GAF. I originally passed over this game as I am not really good at shooters and knew this was very online focussed. But I was gifted it a couple of weeks ago and I'm hooked, despite myself.

My word, though, I'm not great. I'm scared of doing the strikes with randoms, don't think I'll have the guts to do raids when it comes to it. I like the PVP, preferring Control because even if I die a lot I can still feel I am contributing! These threads have been a massive help though, so thanks :)

PvE isn't that hard once you get used to it :) And there's plenty of gaffers willing to do strikes or raids with you. you should join us next time we do a raid, I'm sure nobody would mind having you onboard

edit-Oh yeah we're all generally good players when it comes to hopping on for a nightfall, like Bradach says. Except me. You can ask Agent_Tiro, I died like 8 times in the NightFall and the one time he died safely behind cover, instead of letting me run over and reviving him while invisible as a hunter he just self-ressurrects. I'm that bad.

Bradach

Yes these threads are great. When I got back into the game in January I read all the guides in the OP and generally asked DGAF lots of questions. It's a great resource.

You should post here with your PSN/GT when you're doing strikes / weeklys / NF. There's a good chance you get some company if you don't want to play with randoms.

Hello and welcome :) Its a fun game and you should def try the raids out. They are the best aspect of the game IMO.

And DGAF is very friendly and welcoming, so feel free to ask any question, scrub up here and there. Its all good since we were all new once ago :)

Guardian Lord list has been updated again. PM if anyone still needs to be added, sounds like the next arrival of Salvage will result in a new wave of Lords.

Btw, since it's usually hard to get a group together, people who mentioned or expressed some interest in Flawless, for my/the thread's record:

Nobody wants to do VoG Flawless anymore?

I actually would love to try that. But I need to practice the damn jumping part.

I'd love to do more VoG Flawless haha

Haha same. I find VoG more fun than CE anyway ~_~

i'm officially jealous of the flawless/guardian lords. gratz guys

my time will come

Oh lord, did I missed a Flawless group? damm

Looks like I won't be finishing HM Crota this week. Don't have the time and I doubt I'll find the people online for it. Oh well, don't really need the Crux anyway.

teeny

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll def post my PSN once Im ready to do the higher level stuff - currently 22 at the moment and finishing up the "story" strike missions. :)

Oh, are there specific GAF clans to join? Couldn't see it in the OP
Probably being blind

Speaking of all this Flawless jibber-jabber, I still really want to do HM VoG Flawless.

I've wanted to do it since we finished our first NM Flawless back in November, but everyone else was too scared! You're not still scared, are you DGAF?
Yes I'm trying to shame you into participating.

I'll go for HM VoG flawless but I'll tell you this now - we will have many, many deaths at Oracles.

blazeuk

You should definitely try to join up with a raid group on here, normal mode runs are really relaxed and dying really isn't an issue so it's nothing to be worried about.

Looks like I won't be finishing HM Crota this week. Don't have the time and I doubt I'll find the people online for it. Oh well, don't really need the Crux anyway.

I've still got to do it x2 this week, in work until 6 today though. I've tried getting it done a few times this week and it's just been too difficult finding a group for it, even went on LFG website and that lasted about half an hour before people started leaving.

https://youtu.be/hqBGNZWYuOQ

Had a knight glitch during hard crota. He got stuck in an endless loop behind some of the environment and would just warp out of it then continue the same routine. I tried to get as close as a I could to see if it would break his routine. Then my teammates decided to put him out of his misery

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'll def post my PSN once Im ready to do the higher level stuff - currently 22 at the moment and finishing up the "story" strike missions. :)

Oh, are there specific GAF clans to join? Couldn't see it in the OP
Probably being blind

Get to 23 and I'll hook you up with the normal Gorgon chest - you may get an exotic weapon from it, or just ascendant materials. You'll need them at this stage.

Once you're level 27 or higher, definitely try to get yourself into a raid or two. Vault of Glass for the fun and experience of Destiny's end game, and Crota's End (if you have the DLC) for lvl 32 gear.

As for clans:

DestinyGAF
RaidGAF
NeoGAF Around the World
GAF Raiders
Shoot First Kiss Later
Achieve Trophies GAF
Sword Wielders
Team Epic Sax
Muppet Labs

Maybe Drizzay can update these in the OP :)

teeny

Get to 23 and I'll hook you up with the normal Gorgon chest - you may get an exotic weapon from it, or just ascendant materials. You'll need them at this stage.

Once you're level 27 or higher, definitely try to get yourself into a raid or two. Vault of Glass for the fun and experience of Destiny's end game, and Crota's End (if you have the DLC) for lvl 32 gear.

As for clans:

DestinyGAF
RaidGAF
NeoGAF Around the World
GAF Raiders
Shoot First Kiss Later
Achieve Trophies GAF
Sword Wielders
Team Epic Sax
Muppet Labs

Maybe Drizzay can update these in the OP :)

Thanks! The gorgon chest is in the VoG raid, right? I thought you had to be highish 20s for that?

If I get time, I am going to polish off the story strikes tonight (UK time), then should be 23.

Thanks! The gorgon chest is in the VoG raid, right? I thought you had to be highish 20s for that?

If I get time, I am going to polish off the story strikes tonight (UK time), then should be 23.

Yup, 23 for normal and 27 for hard.

Those are the minimum levels you need to be to enter the raid.

There are guides in the OP on how to level up after 20, have a look.

teeny

Yup, 23 for normal and 27 for hard.

Those are the minimum levels you need to be to enter the raid.

There are guides in the OP on how to level up after 20, have a look.

Thanks, yeah, I have had the guides open permanently in tabs since hitting 20 :)

Currently looking for better (+light) rare gear whilst working towards rep and marks for legendary stuff.

I'm trying to re-acquire the Vault of Glass weapon set. I used to have the full set, but I always dismantled duplicates, and then I dismantled all the originals when TDB released because they were capped at 300 and I resolved to only have guns with damage at 331. This also helped to thin out my burgeoning inventory. Even before the rumors of VoG gun upgrades or the recent confirmation in the weekly update, it was a foolhardy move because the VoG-specific perks at 300 damage still outpace other guns at 331 during that activity.

At the beginning of the week, I had everything but Praetorian Foil, Fatebringer, and Atheon's Epilogue. Three Hard Vault of Glass runs later, and I'm still missing all three. :(

Well if that's the only one you're gonna bother to link, I guess that's the only one I can include in the OP... But seriously, thanks for taking the time to do that. I will update OP shortly.

As for HM VoG Flawless Oracles, lots of Defenders is a great safety net. Double bubble Blessing/Weapons to stay safe and obliterate folks, generate tons of orbs for nearly permanent bubbles. (edit: also, people just need to freaking relearn this encounter. 8 Hobgoblin spawn points, 4 on each side, kill them as soon as they spawn, call out Minotaur spawns/locations, 7 Oracle spawn points are the same as always with 6 people to cover them, easy-peasy).

Honestly 6 Defenders is as good as anything else. Maybe throw in one Gunslinger for bonus Oracles/Supplicant killing but Defender has always been the #1 raid subclass. Warlocks are pretty useless, unless they want to use the Sunsinger defense buff super with Apotheosis Veil, but even then Defenders get all their health back when popping a super regardless plus they can share the defense or offense buff with the team.

#Titan4Life
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vvvv post-clan-post-edit: instead of going for the triple post I'll add it here- please post or PM me if you want your clan added to the OP. I'll be linking my post #1196 but can update it anytime to add new clans

DestinyGAF
RaidGAF
NeoGAF Around the World
GAF Raiders
Shoot First Kiss Later
Achieve Trophies GAF
Sword Wielders
Team Epic Sax
Muppet Labs
School of Hawk
Sir Gjallarhorn
Its Amateur Hour
Gjallarhorny Fartbringers

Clans are mostly used for acquiring the Strike and Raid clan fire team trophies, but they can also be a good way to keep in touch with DGAF'ers. Not to mention a fun addition to your in-game emblem!

Many of them are accessible without requiring Admin approval. Simply click "Request to Join" which will then change to read "Set as Active Clan." Click it once more and you will be an official clan member!
NeoGAF Around the World = best clan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom