• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starkster

Neo Member
Just added myself to the gamertag list, and joined the Xbone group on bungie.net. Really need to raid with you guys sometime soon!

Deku Tree

I've been trying to do VoG HM or just Oracles + Templar for the last few days now... I have the Oracles CP 2x... but it has been very hard to try and get a group on DGAF recently... So instead I've just been playing PvP.

boofa

Neo Member
I've been trying to do VoG HM or just Oracles + Templar for the last few days now... I have the Oracles CP 2x... but it has been very hard to try and get a group on DGAF recently... So instead I've just been playing PvP.
I'm running a bit of IB, but would be down for vog if you get enough.

nOoblet16

I'd run it for the sake of getting that Atheon kill.

Also got Deathsinger checkpoint, so if anyone wants to try let me know. So far there's two of us me and TearsofBlood

Can anyone explain being able to buy armor pieces for IB without playing by having your character not log off when it opens? Is that still possible with IB? I'm assuming people will be able to do that with ToO also?

Deku Tree

I'm running a bit of IB, but would be down for vog if you get enough.

I've got a hm Templar cp.

I'd run it for the sake of getting that Atheon kill.

Also got Deathsinger checkpoint, so if anyone wants to try let me know. So far there's two of us me and TearsofBlood

Thanks! The thing is I can't do it until around 9:30pm because I have a family and all that so I might be looking for all of you around then..

EDIT:

Can anyone explain being able to buy armor pieces for IB without playing by having your character not log off when it opens? Is that still possible with IB? I'm assuming people will be able to do that with ToO also?

Your IB rank has to be reset by Bungie. It does not happen upon each reset. Even with this recent IB Bungie did not reset your rank until when IB started. And you had to re-load or something in order for your rank to be reset. So if you loaded into the tower before your rank was reset and waited around then the IB area opened at 10am PST and you could walk up to Lord S and buy whatever you wanted with your rank from last IB. As soon as you leave the tower though or load anything new then your rank is reset.

Thanks! The thing is I can't do it until around 9:30pm because I have a family and all that so I might be looking for all of you around then..

EDIT:

Your IB rank has to be reset by Bungie. It does not happen upon each reset. Even with this recent IB Bungie did not reset your rank until when IB started. And you had to re-load or something in order for your rank to be reset. So if you loaded into the tower before your rank was reset and waited around then the IB area opened at 10am PST and you could walk up to Lord S and buy whatever you wanted with your rank from last IB. As soon as you leave the tower though or load anything new then your rank is reset.

Sounds like this should be the same for ToO, if as long as I log into the Reef before his inventory resets I should be able to purchase the next week's armor and stuff on at least one character. This can save a lot of time since you can purchase the weapon and get the package if you managed to get 9 wins (assuming the package doesn't contain anything that special). Then only focus on just getting enough wins on your other characters for the armor.

Sounds like this should be the same for ToO, if as long as I log into the Reef before his inventory resets I should be able to purchase the next week's armor and stuff on at least one character. This can save a lot of time since you can purchase the weapon and get the package if you managed to get 9 wins (assuming the package doesn't contain anything that special). Then only focus on just getting enough wins on your other characters for the armor.
but ToO runs from Friday to reset.... not reset to reset

Deku Tree

Yup that pretty much kills the strategy unless anyone thinks it's worth it to actively idle in the tower and watch your game so that you don't get kicked to orbit all the way from Tuesday reset until Friday... lolz

Deku Tree

So did somebody say that there is going to be a ToO practice mode that is available all the time that is basically the ToO elimination gametype without the rewards?

nOoblet16

Yup that pretty much kills the strategy unless anyone thinks it's worth it to actively idle in the tower and watch your game so that you don't get kicked to orbit all the way from Tuesday reset until Friday... lolz
Not really if we are to judge by IB then the weekly reset has nothing to do with the IB reset.
The way I saw it before this IB which led me to try the reset trick despite people telling me it won't work was that the weekly reset didn't reset your IB reset, it never did because you had 4 weekly reset between each IB and if those didn't affect your IB reputation then why would it affect the reputation this time around when IB was starting later in the day after the reset ?

So it should work in ToO too but because ToO would take place every week Bungie will try to avoid people exploiting this as it will be much more frequent and the gear is newer unlike IB gear where people already have the stuff that's being sold (except for the Helmet this week)

Deku Tree

Not really if we are to judge by IB then the weekly reset has nothing to do with the IB reset.
The way I saw it before this IB which led me to try the reset trick despite people telling me it won't work was that the weekly reset didn't reset your IB reset, it never did because you had 4 weekly reset between each IB and if those didn't affect your IB reputation then why would it affect the reputation this time around when IB was starting later in the day after the reset ?

So it should work in ToO too but because ToO would take place every week Bungie will try to avoid people exploiting this as it will be much more frequent and the gear is newer unlike IB gear where people already have the stuff that's being sold (except for the Helmet this week)

Well we don't know how Bungie is coding in the ToO ticket resets. If they reset them manually then I would guess that they are going to try to prevent the exploit. If Bungie resets them with the weekly reset then that also prevents the exploit. I would be surprised if Bungie doesn't try to prevent the exploit either way.

nOoblet16

That's not really how IB trick works, if you wait around in the tower then the doors would be closed and you'd have to go back to orbit to get into a tower with the doors open. Basically you could have quit the game any number of times after the reset this week as long as you logged in and were in orbit right before the IB reset happened and after that you had to wait 2 minutes so that the game doesn't matches you into a tower that's pre reset (and hence has the doors to Lord Saladin's area closed).

The way I saw it was that the weekly reset didn't reset your IB reset, it never did because you had 4 weekly reset between each IB and if that didn't affect your IB reputation then why would it affect it this time around when IB was starting later in the day after the reset ?

Deku Tree

That's not really how IB trick works, if you wait around in the tower then the doors would be closed and you'd have to go back to orbit to get into a tower with the doors open. Basically you could have quit the game any number of times after the reset this week as long as you logged in and were in orbit right before the IB reset happened and after that you had to wait 2 minutes so that the game doesn't matches you into a tower that's pre reset (and hence has the doors to Lord Saladin's area closed).

Oh I didn't realize that... as you can tell I never did the IB exploit.

The way I saw it was that the weekly reset didn't reset your IB reset, it never did because you had 4 weekly reset between each IB and if that didn't affect your IB reputation then why would it affect it this time around when IB was starting later in the day after the reset ?

So it sounds like there may be some hope with this ToO strategy because I honestly don't think the IB reset glitch is high on Bungie's list since it isn't that prevalent.

Is it correct that you can only do this on one character because once you switch to another you then have your rank reset?

patchday

At least now I know why Bungie insists on keeping IB locked to Control (instead of the more fun Clash). Since the new ToO is just a new deathmatch variant.

The only Control I've liked is the Inferno Control that ran on TDB maps. Those maps are properly symmetrical and actually have higher vertical ceilings

I wonder if the population is dropping in IB. I did a few IB matches to complete the easy bounties and kept seeing the same old faces even after quitting out, waiting awhile, and renetering.

I feel obliged to add I found IB absolutely awful. Couldnt wait to finish my bounties and get out. back to cod: aw for pvp

Got my Hunter and Titan up to rank 4 and bought the chest piece/helmet for both characters.
Currently debating whether I should get my Warlock to rank 4 or not.

nOoblet16

So it sounds like there may be some hope with this ToO strategy because I honestly don't think the IB reset glitch is high on Bungie's list since it isn't that prevalent.

Is it correct that you can only do this on one character because once you switch to another you then have your rank reset?

Yes that is correct since switching characters means you log out of the game.

patchday

Got my Hunter and Titan up to rank 4 and bought the chest piece/helmet for both characters.
Currently debating whether I should get my Warlock to rank 4 or not.

Oh man you guys got amazing stamina. I can take only so many nova bombs. aoe grenades, etc before I logout. I haven't grinded rank 4 since the old days back when the cap was 30. And only then I could bare it for so long. If team had no chance to win I'd go afk and watch tv. collect a few medallions of fail then take it serious after bout 3 medals then help team earn the win

Yes that is correct since switching characters means you log out of the game.

Sounds good, if this works this will help me out a lot. I just really hope that the last package isn't something uber good where I will feel compelled to get 9 wins on every character. I am willing to pass on getting some etheric light or whatever because I know ToO is going to be stressful.

Deku Tree

So how many ToO rounds do you have to win to get a "win" on your card?

I am worried ToO will have a lot of campers and a lot of kill trading because of lag.

Oh man you guys got amazing stamina. I can take only so many nova bombs. aoe grenades, etc before I logout. I haven't grinded rank 4 since the old days back when the cap was 30. And only then I could bare it for so long. If team had no chance to win I'd go afk and watch tv. collect a few medallions of fail then take it serious after bout 3 medals then help team earn the win

Yeah I can totally understand that. If it wasn't for the fun GAF trains I wouldn't have grinded to rank 4. There's always something happening with GAF groups ranging from steamrolling a 6 man FT to Hunters who teleport in your face with a Gjallarhorn.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
I really don't know what it is about the titan class but I'm doing terrible. Hunter was a breeze from 3 to 4 this morning. I'm struggling so much with him.

If any Xbone folks are interested, I still have Deathsinger/Crota HM to knock out on my 31 Warlock. Should be ready in a couple of hours.

Deku Tree

It's going to be a horrible grind but at least I'll be graduation the week prior to this dropping so I'll have free time, but I don't want to spend my summer weekends grinding ToO.

I hope it's not that bad. Some really good teams are just going to get to nine wins quickly and then be done for the week. I don't know if that will be me though. I was winning a lot at Skirmish recently.

They go so fast that I like that it's 5.

If people keep running away and camping then they might not go by that quickly.

I hope it's not that bad. Some really good teams are just going to get to nine wins quickly and then be done for the week. I don't know if that will be me though. I was winning a lot at Skirmish recently.

If people keep running away and camping then they might not go by that quickly.

Lol let's play Skirmish together--no mic needed, I've been winning with randoms but I hate when some people are just afk.

Also wouldn't you expect teams to try to reach nine wins three time for every character?

Deku Tree

Lol let's play Skirmish together--no mic needed, I've been winning with randoms but I hate when some people are just afk.

Also wouldn't you expect teams to try to reach nine wins three time for every character?

Yeah I think people who run one of each class will definitely want to grind to nine wins on each character in order to get the sweet Egyptian armor etc. Would be great to play Skirmish with you too.

Everybody's fucking using TLW. How boring.

FTFY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom