• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedera

So did somebody say that there is going to be a ToO practice mode that is available all the time that is basically the ToO elimination gametype without the rewards?
I think I remember Bungie saying during the stream that the elimination mode will be available outside of ToO.

I don't understand the AR nerf. Pulse rifles needed that buff. But to nerf AR to the point where it's completely useless now is crazy.

It was a reactionary nerf because AR was dominating in PvP. Like Shotguns then, it was a blanket nerf across PvP and PvE. Unlike Shotguns, they haven't rebuffed ARs in PvE by giving it different stats for it.(I believe in PvE Shottys doa huge amount of bonus damage whilst in PvP they don't have that bonus damage.)

Deku Tree

Bungie needs to re-buff ARs in PvE.
They should be at least as good as they were before the last nerf in PvE. My 331 Vanquisher VIII with Field Scout is waiting...

i honestly want bungie to rebuff autos to beta/launch level across the board. everything else is good now and if there were more of those we'd see less thorns.

Shito

Was in the tower, and I got kicked out.
Now when I join the tower again I'm alone in it, and I can't seem to find anyone when launching a matchmaking activity, like the weekly: it either launch it solo, or it gives me a "Lost Connection to partner services".
Anyone with the same problem?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, it's working again it seems.

[EDIT²]
Nope, our team got kicked back to orbit after the loading. Seems like their servers are wonky at the moment. ^^

blazeuk

Anyone want to jump back into IB as Drizzay's team is full?
We have 4 open spots. PSN is EJRobinson90

Will be home in about an hour if you're still playing and have room, going to grind out rank 4 on my Titan today. Have to try to get 3x Weekly done too and if I can still be bothered after that (and find teams to do it) I still have 2x VoG and 3x HM Crota to do this week (I've pretty much ignored everything for IB).

i honestly want bungie to rebuff autos to beta/launch level across the board. everything else is good now and if there were more of those we'd see less thorns.

LOL @ beta/launch autos. Suros was my first Exotic, and my GOD was that thing awesome. I could just murder everyone. Now I'm trying my best to get good with TLW, but the temptation of an easy win with Thorn is strong. The thing is, I don't want to use Thorn. It's not my style, but Suros is.

-griffy-

Banned
Was in the tower, and I got kicked out.
Now when I join the tower again I'm alone in it, and I can't seem to find anyone when launching a matchmaking activity, like the weekly: it either launch it solo, or it gives me a "Lost Connection to partner services".
Anyone with the same problem?

[EDIT]
Nevermind, it's working again it seems.

[EDIT²]
Nope, our team got kicked back to orbit after the loading. Seems like their servers are wonky at the moment. ^^
I'm getting the same caterpillar errors doing patrol mode on PS4. Happened like 5 times now. Completely restarting the game didn't help so it must be on their end.

Will be home in about an hour if you're still playing and have room, going to grind out rank 4 on my Titan today. Have to try to get 3x Weekly done too and if I can still be bothered after that (and find teams to do it) I still have 2x VoG and 3x HM Crota to do this week (I've pretty much ignored everything for IB).

I'm gonna hop off in about an hour for dinner, but I'm game after that to start it up again.
I'm already playing with my 3rd character atm (Warlock).

Shito

I'm getting the same caterpillar errors doing patrol mode on PS4. Happened like 5 times now. Completely restarting the game didn't help so it must be on their end.
Yeah, bunch of people reporting a lot of network errors on their help forums those past 30 minutes.
Was trying to squeeze in 2 weeklies before attending to other matters, I guess those 18 useless coins will have to wait. ^^

blazeuk

I'm gonna hop off in about an hour for dinner, but I'm game after that to start it up again.
I'm already playing with my 3rd character atm (Warlock).

Brilliant, I'll probably be grabbing something to eat first myself as well. I don't think I could handle ranking up on a third character (which would be my Warlock too), I wouldn't have enough glimmer to make it useful anyway!

I want to know what the fuck Bungie were thinking when they accidentally nerfed the Thorn when it was fine, and instead of fixing it they made it OP. why.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
Yeah, bunch of people reporting a lot of network errors on their help forums those past 30 minutes.
Was trying to squeeze in 2 weeklies before attending to other matters, I guess those 18 useless coins will have to wait. ^^
I have one more patrol mission for the bounty today, but I keep getting booted before I can do it. I was SO CLOSE last time.

Manp

True that hahaha

Really surprised at the lack of Hawkmoons, the weapon is a beast.

that list is missing most of crucible/ib fun...

people not taking damage
people running against walls and teleporting at your back
postmortem kills from half an hour before
respawn lock

I'm some shit with Thorn, I don't understand why Hawkmoon isn't used more. It is life.

Do you hide a lot? It feels like most of the Thorn users take pot shots from afar. They usually use that as their long range weapon, and have a shotty in the pocket for any close quarters battles. Also be sure to have Fist of Panic ready in case you are caught reloading the shotty.

here's bungie's problem

alpha:
autos dominated
hand cannons sucked
scouts sucked
pulse rifles sucked

beta:
autos still dominated
hand cannons sucked
scouts sucked
pulse rifles sucked

retail:
autos suros dominated
hand cannons were good
scouts were okay
pulse rifles still sucked

early patches:
autos dominanted a little less
hand cannons were godly
scouts were great
pulse rifles? lol

later patches:
autos am cry
hand cannons less godly
scouts still great
PULSE RIFLES OMG OMG OMG

why can't everything be good

Driz, can i join you guys for iron banner?

Yo Rob, sorry the timing didn't work out to join up now, most of that group including me took a break for now but I'll definitely be around later today/tonight and interesting in firing it up again if you are playing then.

but then who would yell at everybody

I do enough cursing to pick up the slack but Fig's vocabulary is more entertaining and her rage out are less rage-y than mine. Although the second part is true for basically everyone relative to me. Hopefully everyone knows the rage is only ever directed at the game/myself for scrubbing.

Anyone want to jump back into IB as Drizzay's team is full?

Taking a break for a while now but definitely tempted to fire it up again later, even just to stack Marks on my Warlock. How late you think you guys might be playing?

that list is missing most of crucible/ib fun...

people not taking damage
people running against walls and teleporting at your back
postmortem kills from half an hour before
respawn lock

We had a plethora of all these classics today. I especially like getting a kill then seeing the actual text notification pop up a good 10+ seconds later.

Manp

We had a plethora of all these classics today. I especially like getting a kill then seeing the actual text notification pop up a good 10+ seconds later.

at least you're getting a kill. try putting 4 golden gun shots into a guy and see him walk away with still a bit of health :|

at least you're getting a kill. try putting 4 golden gun shots into a guy and see him walk away with still a bit of health :|

haha true, although we saw some of everything. Several times a guy took one or even two GHorns to the face and kept right on trucking.

The only other PS4 multiplayer I spent extended time with was TLoU and I never saw anything comparable while grinding out those MP trophies for however many hours. Maybe the slower paced gameplay helped, no idea.

Yo Rob, sorry the timing didn't work out to join up now, most of that group including me took a break for now but I'll definitely be around later today/tonight and interesting in firing it up again if you are playing then.

Taking a break for a while now but definitely tempted to fire it up again later, even just to stack Marks on my Warlock. How late you think you guys might be playing?

Rob joined our team! And he is doing great, we have been winning a lot.
Hmm, I'm going for some dinner soon but I'm probably back in about 2 hrs.
I know Blaze wanted to jump in as well, so we'll definitely be around.

Manp

haha true, although we saw some of everything. Several times a guy took one or even two GHorns to the face and kept right on trucking.

The only other PS4 multiplayer I spent extended time with was TLoU and I never saw anything comparable while grinding out those MP trophies for however many hours. Maybe the slower paced gameplay helped, no idea.

most of my PS4 hdd is full of videos of the bullshit that happens in crucible :|

hydruxo

here's bungie's problem

alpha:
autos dominated
hand cannons sucked
scouts sucked
pulse rifles sucked

beta:
autos still dominated
hand cannons sucked
scouts sucked
pulse rifles sucked

retail:
autos suros dominated
hand cannons were good
scouts were okay
pulse rifles still sucked

early patches:
autos dominanted a little less
hand cannons were godly
scouts were great
pulse rifles? lol

later patches:
autos am cry
hand cannons less godly
scouts still great
PULSE RIFLES OMG OMG OMG

why can't everything be good

BALANCE! WORKING AS INTENDED!

I just want ARs to be good again :(

patchday

you guys having lag in Iron Banner have solid green pings? I know for certain I'm NAT 1 [Open] on the ps4 network panel. I don't see too many crazy things. Now- I have a crapload of design issues with this game but as far as bugs/glitches/lag I'm usually okay there

Granted, I'm not in IB all day. I just go in there for 3-4 matches (finish the easy bounties) and I get out.

JerryEveryday

Neo Member
you guys having lag in Iron Banner have solid green pings? I know for certain I'm NAT 1 [Open] on the ps4 network panel. I don't see too many crazy things. Now- I have a crapload of design issues with this game but as far as bugs/glitches/lag I'm usually okay there

Granted, I'm not in IB all day. I just go in there for 3-4 matches (finish the easy bounties) and I get out.

It's not us. It's the ones with the red bars.

patchday

Yeah I also meant those red bar guys too in relation to yourself. Next time I'm in there I'll keep an eye out.

(But I've been around since Beta; it's not too far beyond ordinary )

In my experience, my connection bar has little bearing on how reasonable the game will be. Every match today I had green bars but the same handful of players would be problematic for our whole team (teleporting around, invincible to damage etc). Some days I have red bars and it does seem worse, but some days I have red bars and everything seems fine.

There are a lot of issues out of your control, mainly other players' connections and Bungie's servers; the latter can be especially bad during popular activities like IB. Server congestion is even noticeable in PvE like killing Scrota during IB. Like I've talked about before, a lot of his Scrota-ness is caused by server side issues and can happen even if the sword runner is host and everyone has green bars.

I hope you guys are on tonight. I don't know if I want to finish up getting to Rank 4 in IB (to get the Hunter cloak) or run all of my reset activities. You heard that right, I haven't done anything other then PvP since reset. Omnigal 6 times...Fuck yeah!

I really wanted to get in an IB train last night, but started late and had to be up for work, so I went solo. Yeah Bitches, I was on fire:

gnrVhd3.png

Ll4oJzr.png

rBHdtM2.png

I was then invited to a non-gaf party that I couldn't refuse, and dropped down to my normal stats where I hovered around a 0.8 K/D. That's still better than the 0.3 ish that I was getting the other night with Unstable and Co. Yes, I ultimately stayed up way too late and I'm paying for it today

If anyone wants to do HM Templar or HM ds + crota 3x I have checkpoints for both on different characters. Haven't done much this week due to IB plus work kicked me as this past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom