• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

In my experience, my connection bar has little bearing on how reasonable the game will be. Every match today I had green bars but the same handful of players would be problematic for our whole team (teleporting around, invincible to damage etc). Some days I have red bars and it does seem worse, but some days I have red bars and everything seems fine.

There are a lot of issues out of your control, mainly other players' connections and Bungie's servers; the latter can be especially bad during popular activities like IB. Server congestion is even noticeable in PvE like killing Scrota during IB. Like I've talked about before, a lot of his Scrota-ness is caused by server side issues and can happen even if the sword runner is host and everyone has green bars.

Ah I was more interested in the Crucible issues people were having (if they have NAT 1) since this game is peer-to-peer from what I understand

I already know Crota is broken from top to bottom. I only will do crota on Normal. and even then- no offense to yall, but I see my fellow gaffers do some crazy things to make it bad too. Like when they taking dmg they wont come inside the bubble. They die and trhe big ball in the sky appears and for some reason theres not enough dps to take it out.

This happens with the new generation of gafs I've noticed (the ones not L31 yet). * maybe the last run I was on we had a bunch of first timers I dunno but they made it take much longer then it should've

I hope you guys are on tonight. I don't know if I want to finish up getting to Rank 4 in IB (to get the Hunter cloak) or run all of my reset activities. You heard that right, I haven't done anything other then PvP since reset. Omnigal 6 times...Fuck yeah!

I really wanted to get in an IB train last night, but started late and had to be up for work, so I went solo. Yeah Bitches, I was on fire:

I was then invited to a non-gaf party that I couldn't refuse, and dropped down to my normal stats where I hovered around a 0.8 K/D. That's still better than the 0.3 ish that I was getting the other night with Unstable and Co. Yes, I ultimately stayed up way too late and I'm paying for it today

Nice job man, the tutledge is paying off

GutZ31

[tweet]http://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/594893655627825152[/tweet]

Yeah they've got issues.

God, I just had 5 games back to back to back where the lag was beyond infuriating.
Did blade dance on the whole team in one game, I got credit for one kill, 7 seconds later, and I died by melee blink strike from a hunter, with full health.
My blink strike can't kill a dreg, let alone a blade dancing hunter mid swing...

The rest of the match's were of similar fashion, but this one made my blood boil.

God, I just had 5 games back to back to back where the lag was beyond infuriating.
Did blade dance on the whole team in one game, I got credit for one kill, 7 seconds later, and I died by melee blink strike from a hunter, with full health.
My blink strike can't kill a dreg, let alone a blade dancing hunter mid swing...

The rest of the match's were of similar fashion, but this one made my blood boil.

Blink strike with the first perk selected for "more damage from behind" is a OHK if the melee lands anywhere near the side/back of the player. Does ~364 damage. There may have been some lagged out chip damage that would have been enough to kill you even with the 2x defense buff while BDancing.

LTWood12

I hope you guys are on tonight. I don't know if I want to finish up getting to Rank 4 in IB (to get the Hunter cloak) or run all of my reset activities. You heard that right, I haven't done anything other then PvP since reset. Omnigal 6 times...Fuck yeah!

I really wanted to get in an IB train last night, but started late and had to be up for work, so I went solo. Yeah Bitches, I was on fire:

I was then invited to a non-gaf party that I couldn't refuse, and dropped down to my normal stats where I hovered around a 0.8 K/D. That's still better than the 0.3 ish that I was getting the other night with Unstable and Co. Yes, I ultimately stayed up way too late and I'm paying for it today

Damn Private!

Lima

np!

My guess is he rank'ed up all 3 classes. Awesome achievement yo. Maybe ToO might have more appeal too me when it releases and I'll give that a go with gaf

That would still only mean he needs to buy 3 helmets. There is absolutely zero reason to own anything other than the Intellect/Discipline helmets with increased melee attack speed and inverse shadow.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Has anyone bee dealing with getting kicked out of Iron Banner matches since it began? It's literally been a crapshoot whether or not the game will allow to stay in or kick me out due to internet issues when I know I have none. This is on PS4. I'm raging because I'm not going to be able to get to Rank 4 like this.

nOoblet16

If anyone wants to do HM Templar or HM ds + crota 3x I have checkpoints for both on different characters. Haven't done much this week due to IB plus work kicked me as this past week.

Why do you wanna do HM DS?
I have NM DS checkpoint and HM crota checkpoint, I need to run DS 2 times but I can stay for the rest.

patchday

That would still only mean he needs to buy 3 helmets. There is absolutely zero reason to own anything other than the Intellect/Discipline helmets with increased melee attack speed and inverse shadow.

was talking to a gaffer that wanted two copies of the items they purchased during the GK glimmer farm yesterday. myself I'm not planning to go past rank 1 but this was the reason they gave (so rather than risk rerolling after they had something suitable; they'd just buy another and I guess roll on that one)

Has anyone bee dealing with getting kicked out of Iron Banner matches since it began? It's literally been a crapshoot whether or not the game will allow to stay in or kick me out due to internet issues when I know I have none. This is on PS4. I'm raging because I'm not going to be able to get to Rank 4 like this.

No I never got kicked out or anything. I could be just blessed tho or didn't play enough to incur the server's wrath

So is the Praedith's Revenge considered the best PVP sniper? I might need to run VoG again since I had to dismantle all my gear at one point for vault space

nOoblet16

So is the Praedith's Revenge considered the best PVP sniper? I might need to run VoG again since I had to dismantle all my gear at one point for vault space

Yea best with base stats, you can obtain a RNG sniper which works better. My RNG Longbow is the best PvP sniper in the game available to me so far because of 100 stability, unflinching and final round.

This should be as good as/better than Predyth's Revenge too but you can't buy it anymore for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHcBOW17wo

patchday

Hm, that's a tough one. I rotate between that and Black Hammer. I'd go with Black hammer for now til Pradith gets upgraded to same dmg as Black Hammer.

So glad I never sharded my VoG goods

Hm, that's a tough one. I rotate between that and Black Hammer. I'd go with Black hammer for now til Pradith gets upgraded to same dmg as Black Hammer.

So glad I never sharded my VoG goods

For PVP you also use our Black Hammer? I would love to see someone pull off 3 quick headshots in crucible.

Yea best with base stats, you can obtain a RNG sniper which works better. My RNG Longbow is the best PvP sniper in the game available to me so far because of 100 stability.

This should be as good as/better than Predyth's Revenge too but you can't buy it anymore for some reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHcBOW17wo

I guess once reforging weapons is introduced then I will be able to find a good RNG sniper. For the moment I don't own any RNG weapons, just vendor or raid weapons.

Mindlog

Old business that never applied to me, but now I can complain!
Mythoclast charge bug. So that's what everyone was talking about. Sucks.
Mythoclast headshots don't count for headshots.
Hunter Throwing Knives don't count for melee.

I had been doing a few rounds of TLW/Bladedancer, but I find myself gravitating back towards Mythoclast-Red Death Gunslinger. The throwing knife is too clutch. In that vein I've been a Thorn fan since everyone hated the thing. However, now it feels like my results with Mythoclast, Red Death and TLW are so similar that it's time for something new. I like switching between them for no good reason.

Final Round is still a bit crazy. Probably going to shard all of my other 'PvP' snipers. I need the space and it's all I'm using anyway.

I'm going to need a lot of Vault Space if I want to play ToO with an efficient inventory swapping setup.

TheOddOne

The impact is the only bad thing about it but that balances out with the rest of the stats being exceptionally good. Also, Firefly is always awesome to have.

patchday

For PVP you also use our Black Hammer? I would love to see someone pull off 3 quick headshots in crucible.

I guess once reforging weapons is introduced then I will be able to find a good RNG sniper. For the moment I don't own any RNG weapons, just vendor or raid weapons.

I use it because it does 331 damage. Pradith is capped at 300 damage. I know in VoG Black Hammer works wonders. Didn't really sit down and compare the guns in IB though.

would be nice to know if Black Hammer isn't doing much more damage to players next time I go into IB cause I might go back in there for fun with gaf just to screw around and help folks get their desired rankings

nOoblet16

I use it because it does 331 damage. Pradith is capped at 300 damage. I know in VoG Black Hammer works wonders. Didn't really sit down and compare the guns in IB though.

would be nice to know if Black Hammer isn't doing much more damage to players next time I go into IB cause I might go back in there for fun with gaf just to screw around and help folks get their desired rankings

300 or 331 makes no difference in IB with certain weapons/weapon class. Even for a hand canon you are looking at about 6-7HP of damage difference (less for other primaries). All snipers are OHK with headshots and two hit kills for body shots.

In normal crucible it's even less of a deal since damages are all normalised for weapons in crucible and upgraded damage stats don't mean a thing.

Blackhammer is not very useful in PvP because it has no perks that benefit it in PvP + low magazine size. Making three headshots as fast as the perk requires is very very rare.

Looking to get together some more HM VOG runs. I have the Gorgon chest checkpoint on my titan and warlock, but my intent is to get Fatebringer and VoC, which means I really need to do the Templar on both to hope it drops.

1: hikarutimitt
2: alleykatden (the wife)
3: nOoblet16
4: DekuBleep
5: Mass Appeal
6:

Looking to start within the next 30 minutes or so.

EDIT: Forgot to specify this is on PS4.

patchday

300 or 331 makes no difference in IB with certain weapons/weapon class. Even for a hand canon you are looking at about 6-7HP of damage difference (less for other primaries). All snipers are OHK with headshots and two hit kills for body shots.

In normal crucible it's even less of a deal since damages are all normalised for weapons in crucible and upgraded damage stats don't mean a thing.

Blackhammer is not very useful in PvP because it has no perks that benefit it in PvP + low magazine size. Making three headshots as fast as the perk requires is very very rare.

Mulligan?

RedFury

Yes IMO. I like fast rate snipers because I'm relatively good at getting head shots. Got a triple kill with head shots and watching them pop and take out their own team is always nice. If your not good at headshots it's a 2 hit kill that can be landed quickly. I'm waiting for HoW to buy that vender sniper it's a revenge with unflinching that thing is going to be a monster.

nOoblet16

Looking to get together some more HM VOG runs. I have the Gorgon chest checkpoint on my titan and warlock, but my intent is to get Fatebringer and VoC, which means I really need to do the Templar on both to hope it drops.

3:
4:
5:
6:

I'll do it.

How would you guys rate thorn, tlw and hawkmoon for pvp and pve?

Have only leveled thorn so far.

I'd say TLW is better than Thorn, however it's more difficult to use. Thorn is still really really good though.

As for Hawkmoon,
XB1 ;_:

That's all pvp though. Never use TLW in pve, it's poopy!

nOoblet16

That's actually the worst perk in the game, I've never noticed it work. It might have a couple of times in PvE but the chance of it working is extremely tiny. I certainly do not remember not having to reload the weapon if I miss one headshot, because everytime I miss a headshot in PvE all I remember is having to reload next. In PvP it becomes even more useless because of how less you use the sniper due to limited bullets.

Lima

LDR and Prudence II are better because they are amongst the snipers with the highest aim assist in crucible.

PR is hands down my favorite guaranteed roll weapon, but I have a Dead Orbit sniper that dropped with Ambush, Unflinching, Lightweight, and Final Round. It fires and reloads a lot faster than the Spear and goes well with my MIDA/Dance Machine/Fleetfooted Hunter build. So for now, that's my go to PvP sniper. I swear that the Spear is the slowest firing sniper in the game, so other than the fact that you can re-roll, I don't get the hype.

patchday

Thorn has gotta be the superior choice for pvp. Just shoot the enemy and let them tick away til they die. The weapon is absolutely ridiculous. I'd be using it too but was too lazy to complete the bounty til recently with some gafs. But I'm not turning it in til post-dlc.

so no thorn for me til then. After I use it I'll get it nerfed for sure. I'm going to shoot everyone and get 15+ K/D ratio easily (I'm not joking btw, I've hit 15+ K/D)

Deku Tree

3: nOoblet16
4:
5:
6:

EDIT: Forgot to specify this is on PS4.

I have oracles HM CP. and I can join.
Just send me an invite.
PS4 DekuBleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom