• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to get together some more HM VOG runs. I have the Gorgon chest checkpoint on my titan and warlock, but my intent is to get Fatebringer and VoC, which means I really need to do the Templar on both to hope it drops.

1: hikarutimitt
2: alleykatden (the wife)
3: nOoblet16
4:
5:
6:

Looking to start within the next 30 minutes or so.

Forgot to specify this is on PSN.

I have the HM Templar cp if you want to start from there and I would love to run it with you guys BUT I won't be online for another hour.

Helpful!

Super helpful!

Is anyone who is interested in going cool to wait that hour for Mass Appeal? Or do we want to just tough it out from the beginning in the interest of time?

Yah if you guys have enough go ahead don't wait on me. Just taking care of my daughter right now until her mom comes and picks her up.

nOoblet16

PR is hands down my favorite guaranteed roll weapon, but I have a Dead Orbit sniper that dropped with Ambush, Unflinching, Lightweight, and Final Round. It fires and reloads a lot faster than the Spear and goes well with my MIDA/Dance Machine/Fleetfooted Hunter build. So for now, that's my go to PvP sniper. I swear that the Spear is the slowest firing sniper in the game, so other than the fact that you can re-roll, I don't get the hype.

The spear much like the IB Auto Rifle, is just not good...it has absolutely fuck all going for it...atleast the Timur's Lash is the hardest hitting Handcanon despite how much it gets outclassed by other hand canons. I used it and was like this? this is shit !

It's nothing like the Felwinter, Radegast and Jolder which are top tier weapons in their class with a good roll.

Looking to get together some more HM VOG runs. I have the Gorgon chest checkpoint on my titan and warlock, but my intent is to get Fatebringer and VoC, which means I really need to do the Templar on both to hope it drops.

4: DekuBleep
5: Mass Appeal
6: TearsOfBlood

EDIT: Forgot to specify this is on PS4.

I'll do it.

Im in!

patchday

yeah Sky Shock ruins the TDB playlist. The other two maps were solid additions. Sky map requires sniping. Great map to complete sniper bounty I suppose

At least it actually has high ceilings like most of the other TDB maps. TDB maps actually feel like they were made for this game

Most of the other maps are not symmetrical which automatically makes them awful for Control. Unfortunately, IB keeps pushing pvpers into Control.

I think the game will get much more exciting when ToO arrives in that regard. I think IB will be dead whenever ToO is running. It's just hard to mess up deathmatch. Almost any shooter gets that right

nOoblet16

yeah Sky Shock ruins the TDB playlist. The other two maps were solid additions. Sky map requires sniping. Great map to complete sniper bounty I suppose

At least it actually has high ceilings like most of the other TDB maps. TDB maps actually feel like they were made for this game

Most of the other maps are not symmetrical which automatically makes them awful for Control. Unfortunately, IB keeps pushing pvpers into Control.

I think the game will get much more exciting when ToO arrives in that regard. I think IB will be dead whenever ToO is running. It's just hard to mess up deathmatch. Almost any shooter gets that right

Not Destiny, Clash (TDM) is boring and unfun. :p

ToO is just skirmish with one life really...if they really wanted to make this competitive and as competitive as they like to think while they talk about it then they'd have gotten rid of supers and heavies in ToO (easy OHK weapons in a mode with one life..wut ?) as well as have implemented a spawn flipping system instead of having the teams spawn at the same location all the time, thereby putting one at advantage and one at a disadvantage.

I'll do death singer if anyone drops.

And nothing to enrage this time.

GutZ31

Blink strike with the first perk selected for "more damage from behind" is a OHK if the melee lands anywhere near the side/back of the player. Does ~364 damage. There may have been some lagged out chip damage that would have been enough to kill you even with the 2x defense buff while BDancing.

Thank you for invalidating my argument about lag. I'll go kill my self now.

Really though, if you guys arnt getting these lag spikes, I don't know what the fuck is going on.

patchday

My old pvp squadmates (old Halo players) enjoyed Clash. Because it was at least better than Control (due to reasons I gave above).

And yeah ToO really is just skirmish hence why I'm not sure if I will buy the dlc. Waiting to see what news there is on Prison of Elders. Because I play this game mostly for PVE.

I usually play FPS and fighting games for competitive multiplayer.

Destiny is competitive though when you sacrifice the idea every kill that is made requires "skill". Some kills will just be easy with Thorns, Nova bombs, Ghallerhorns, etc.

Yeah if they got rid of radar, supers, heavy, and grenades we'd be talking.

I am worried bout ToO in this regard. just so easy to get kills. One FPS player calls Destiny "A safe haven for newbs in Crucible". But it does take skill to accumulate a lot of kills. But it may or may not take skill to get an individual kill.

nOoblet16

Really though, if you guys arnt getting these lag spikes, I don't know what the fuck is going on.

It's not lag spikes, it's probably just one person who has a shit connection so because of that when you engage with that person you experience lag while it's fine wen you engage with someone who has a decent/good connection to you. Anyone who is red-baring in the match has a bad connection and will be teleporting, skipping for others (and others will be teleporting and skipping on his/her screen)...some times it might as well be yourself :p

GutZ31

It's not lag spikes, it's probably just one person who has a shit connection so because of that when you engage with that person you experience lag while it's fine wen you engage with someone who has a decent/good connection to you. Anyone who is red-baring in the match has a bad connection and will be teleporting, skipping for others...some times it might as well be yourself :p

That was 5 people being blade danced, and I only got credit for the last one.

Maybe I was lagging, maybe one of them was lagging, maybe all of them were lagging, maybe all of my team was lagging. It happened to everyone in my party, didn't matter who we encountered, just happened at some point while in each match, multiple times.

Atone13

Somethings up, I tried doing some normal pve bounties and enemies weren't spawning, then all popping up at once until I was finally kicked from the game. My favorite part is the error message blames me and my internet, it couldn't possibly be them.

A_Gorilla

Banned
My old pvp squadmates (old Halo players) enjoyed Clash. Because it was at least better than Control (due to reasons I gave above).

And yeah ToO really is just skirmish hence why I'm not sure if I will buy the dlc. Waiting to see what news there is on Prison of Elders. Because I play this game mostly for PVE.

I usually play FPS and fighting games for competitive multiplayer.

Destiny is competitive though when you sacrifice the idea every kill that is made requires "skill". Some kills will just be easy with Thorns, Nova bombs, Ghallerhorns, etc.

Yeah if they got rid of radar, supers, heavy, and grenades we'd be talking.

I am worried bout ToO in this regard. just so easy to get kills. One FPS player calls Destiny "A safe haven for newbs in Crucible". But it does take skill to accumulate a lot of kills. But it may or may not take skill to get an individual kill.

You have to admit though having crucible be as balanced as we want it to would make it nigh impossible for the less experienced players to get the trails of Osiris armor which would infuriate many to no end.

GutZ31

Somethings up, I tried doing some normal pve bounties and enemies weren't spawning, then all popping up at once until I was finally kicked from the game. My favorite part is the error message blames me and my internet, it couldn't possibly be them.

A bunch of people this morning have been having "Contacting Destiny Servers" issues, as well as a bunch of errors including "rabbit" that I have seen.

Ghazi

You have to admit though having crucible be as balanced as we want it to would make it nigh impossible for the less experienced players to get the trails of Osiris armor which would infuriate many to no end.

Not everyone can win in everything. That's life. Some things should truly be challenging to get.

patchday

I agree. Hell, I might suck so much more. I know when cod: aw came out I was absolutely terrible. All of a sudden, I had no special that would one hit an entire team. And the grenades there are soooo much weaker and rare. It took quite a bit of time to get a positive K/D ratio

4: DekuBleep
5: Mass Appeal
6:

EDIT: Forgot to specify this is on PS4.

I'll join. PSN Sleepy_Buddha

patchday

I got booted shortly after that so who knows.

Also if you can't beat em join em. I'm switching to Thorn w/ send it.

aw darn was hoping that worked out in your favor

edit- Yes!!! I cant wait til dlc comes out. I am switching to Thorn. Just tap the dude and run away. Let them tick away til they die!!

Ah I was more interested in the Crucible issues people were having (if they have NAT 1) since this game is peer-to-peer from what I understand

It's not straight p2p, it's a strange "hybrid mesh" system that combines p2p with server-based instances (there were some pre-launch interviews about it). The catch is nobody outside Bungie knows for sure which parts of which activities are allocated to which system, or how dynamic that interplay is.

A big issue with Crucible, and why you might not have noticed as much craziness, is that many Gaf teams have people located all over the world which makes consistent MM unlikely. Most DGAF'ers, including myself, typically have less laggy nonsense when playing solo. It'll be really interesting to see how geographic locations affect ToO MM since Bungie stated they were prioritizing connection quality over skill or other team MM factors.

patchday

It's not straight p2p, it's a strange "hybrid mesh" system that combines p2p with server-based instances (there were some pre-launch interviews about it). The catch is nobody outside Bungie knows for sure which parts of which activities are allocated to which system, or how dynamic that interplay is.

A big issue with Crucible, and why you might not have noticed as much craziness, is that many Gaf teams have people located all over the world which makes consistent MM unlikely. Most DGAF'ers, including myself, typically have less laggy nonsense when playing solo. It'll be really interesting to see how geographic locations affect ToO MM since Bungie stated they were prioritizing connection quality over skill or other team MM factors.

ah so not traditional p2p. Got it. Yeah that makes sense

Wilde

Anyone up for trying a flawless Crota run today? Only need that and the Strength of the Pack trophies to get Guardian Lord!

If there aren't six who need it, if anyone just wants to help out that would be cool too.

1. ZW33

Honestly, I've already been making a mental note of who's East Coast and West Coast and Over Seas. I will probably just take whatever teammates I can find, but if it's all on the line for something like the ToO Helmet...I dunno. It'll be tough not to discriminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom