• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

First final exam of the week done! Time for Destiny!

Or just Daily and a few bounties. :/

Or just racing through Venus like old times. :(

Off topic but Ghaleon, who do I contact regarding an email change since I lost access to the one associated with my GAF account? Thanks in advance!

GhaleonEB

First final exam of the week done! Time for Destiny!

Or just Daily and a few bounties. :/

Or just racing through Venus like old times. :(

Off topic but Ghaleon, who do I contact regarding an email change since I lost access to the one associated with my GAF account? Thanks in advance!

Any mod. Like me, for example. PM me what you need it changed to, and we shall make it so.

Nuszka

Wish i had time for IB train this time around, today is my first day off from work, this week will be busy as well, at least the time passes by at a speed of light. Got myself 2 days off organised for HoW release. Lucky enough all my guardians are almost maxed with marks and rep points ready for 19th. The only thing i have time for is a little bit of pvp in BB.

They're also in the pictures Bungie released.

nB1ux44s.jpg
EYC0pqGs.jpg
6aBSX0ws.jpg

I think the Titan and Hunter stuff looks cool.

0nsq2Yb.gif

M3Rocket

...I don't always play like crap in crucible
but when i do, it's always on a GAF team...
anigif_enhanced-buzz-9526-1388768357-33.gif

I haven't played Crucible at all till this IB. Before that, I only ventured in to complete the weapon bounties. This Reddit guide for IB noobs changed my mind: [Guide] Iron Banner rank math, for those starting from scratch

I reached Rank 5 yesterday, and find that the guide is quite accurate. You really can get to Rank 3 or 4 just winning 1 out of 6 everyday for about an hour.

So in the 12 or so hours I spent this week playing IB, I think I've noticed a pattern with matchmaking. I've played solo and in clan teams of 2 to 5. In all my clan teams, I'm the least experienced and worst crucible player. I almost always ended up in the bottom 3 when I was teamed up with my clan. My K/D would be around 0.3 to 0.5 during those matches, and we'd still win a majority of them. When I went in solo, I would do much better--mostly in the top three with a K/D from 1.0 to 1.3.

Personally, I think it's easier to go in solo especially if the people you're teaming with are good to great crucible players. It is more likely for Destiny to put me in a match with similarly skilled players rather than the better players because your teammates are always number 1 and 2 at the end of the match.

So don't feel bad--there are some killer Crucible GAFfer's. If I were in their team, I may actually be helping everyone else by lowering the average skill level of the match party and actually being the bait/distraction. LOL!

Deku Tree

*checks today's bounties*
...I should've done yesterday's bounties instead. :/

Eye of gate lord bounty 5k and the Mars divisive mind bounty 5k take like one minute each if quit to orbit right after the bounty pops and you have the CPs saved from the last time you did the bounty. I always skip the other non 5k ones.

Namikaze1

Eye of gate lord bounty 5k and the Mars divisive mind bounty 5k take like one minute each if quit to orbit right after the bounty pops and you have the CPs saved from the last time you did the bounty. I always skip the other non 5k ones.
Those two and the Blade of Crota one are all I'm doing today. Plus the daily.

Let me buy this IB shader and I'll join. I won't be talking though. Just got finished cleaning up the garage and just need to zone out.

Sorry Hudson and anyone else who wanted to farm. Rest of life starting popping off, and I had to heed the call.

Back and ready to farm. Heading to GK now!

vctor182

I wish there was a way for me to skip all the way to the boss in this daily. :(

But I have to deal with this wave phase.

You can skip the bridge part by jumping to the rock on the left side as you enter that area.

I found an old 300 Timur's on my vault, will upgrade it upgrade to 365 attack?? might invest some motes to get a good roll

jett

D-Member
Have we heard anything about upgrade nodes changing for existing weapons? Are we still gonna have to burn an exotic shard to get the final node on exotics?

Namikaze1

You can skip the bridge part by jumping to the rock on the left side as you enter that area.

I found an old 300 Timur's on my vault, will upgrade it upgrade to 365 attack?? might invest some motes to get a good roll
I'm talking about when opening the gate. I know of that but I wish there was a way to skip the gate phase.

GhaleonEB

I wish there was a way for me to skip all the way to the boss in this daily. :(

But I have to deal with this wave phase.

I kind of like that fight. Best part is the end, when the door opens. When I run it with my Hunter I go invisible and get behind them with a shotgun. Surprise!

I also skipped the entire bridge battle by going invisible and running across, only to find that if you do, all the enemies follow along and clump up in a single atop where it joins the arena at the end. Took nearly everyone out with a couple rockets.

vctor182

Have we heard anything about upgrade nodes changing for existing weapons? Are we still gonna have to burn an exotic shard to get the final node on exotics?

Ascending & Reforging Guide

Q: When can I Ascend an item? Can I Ascend pre-HoW items without any experience/upgrade nodes filled in?
You can Ascend an item immediately, as long as you have the necessary materials. You can Ascend pre-HoW items (with the old nodes) immediately as well, but you’ll eventually need to fill in those nodes to take full advantage of Ascension.

TsuWave

sorry guys but i need an answer, did anyone do iron banner this week? because i played it for hours and hours and it kept dropping the same stuff: silimar's wrath and birth of history. i wanted a jolder's hammer but it only dropped the auto rifle and the ship like 4 of each

jett

D-Member
Yeah but nobody has 100% confirmed if an old exotic needs two exotic shards to reach the HoW max or not. I'll assume it does until I hear otherwise. But I'm only pumping exp into my exotics for now not spending exotic shards yet.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering as well.

sorry guys but i need an answer, did anyone do iron banner this week? because i played it for hours and hours and it kept dropping the same stuff: silimar's wrath and birth of history. i wanted a jolder's hammer but it only dropped the auto rifle and the ship like 4 of each

I played for a couple of days and it dropped jackshit for me.

efrideet's spear:
I rolled Solar, double down, HCR/Send it/Perfect Balance, Final round

only thing i didn't get was unflinching...
i think this is a keeper, no?

vctor182

Yeah but nobody has 100% confirmed if an old exotic needs two exotic shards to reach the HoW max or not. I'll assume it does until I hear otherwise. But I'm only pumping exp into my exotics for now not spending exotic shards yet.

According to that page:

Q: Can I Ascend _____ Legendary or Exotic?
Yes, any Legendary or Exotic can be Ascended at any time, as long as you have Etheric Light (Legendary) or Exotic Shards (Exotic).

So pre-HoW exotics will need 2 exotic shards, 1 to ascend and 1 to max the attack. If you have it already maxed then you can ascend it right away with an exotic shard.

efrideet's spear:
I rolled Solar, double down, HCR/Send it/Perfect Balance, Final round

only thing i didn't get was unflinching...
i think this is a keeper, no?

Hmm it's an ok PvP roll, but Unflinching is what I think you should be aiming for.
I have one with Unflinching, Field Scout and Firefly for PvE, but I have been sniping a lot of faces with it in IB.
I might consider buying another one and roll for Unflinching, Perfect Balance and Final Round.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i've seen JH drop.

Deku Tree

According to that page:

So pre-HoW exotics will need 2 exotic shards, 1 to ascend and 1 to max the attack. If you have it already maxed then you can ascend it right away with an exotic shard.

That's what I expect but I'm not taking what you quoted as 100% confirmation. Too vague.

WipedOut

Need some advice on my Spear Rolls. Need to figure out if I should try and roll them again.

Void - Rodeo / Field Scout / Muligan
Solar - Surplus / Field Scout / Muligan

I haven't played Crucible at all till this IB. Before that, I only ventured in to complete the weapon bounties. This Reddit guide for IB noobs changed my mind: [Guide] Iron Banner rank math, for those starting from scratch

I reached Rank 5 yesterday, and find that the guide is quite accurate. You really can get to Rank 3 or 4 just winning 1 out of 6 everyday for about an hour.

So in the 12 or so hours I spent this week playing IB, I think I've noticed a pattern with matchmaking. I've played solo and in clan teams of 2 to 5. In all my clan teams, I'm the least experienced and worst crucible player. I almost always ended up in the bottom 3 when I was teamed up with my clan. My K/D would be around 0.3 to 0.5 during those matches, and we'd still win a majority of them. When I went in solo, I would do much better--mostly in the top three with a K/D from 1.0 to 1.3.

Personally, I think it's easier to go in solo especially if the people you're teaming with are good to great crucible players. It is more likely for Destiny to put me in a match with similarly skilled players rather than the better players because your teammates are always number 1 and 2 at the end of the match.

So don't feel bad--there are some killer Crucible GAFfer's. If I were in their team, I may actually be helping everyone else by lowering the average skill level of the match party and actually being the bait/distraction. LOL!

lol! thanks, rocket! fortunately, the teams on which i've played have been very gracious in dragging me along as i learn. i'll study the link and see what i can glean from it. :D

Hmm it's an ok PvP roll, but Unflinching is what I think you should be aiming for.
I have one with Unflinching, Field Scout and Firefly for PvE, but I have been sniping a lot of faces with it in IB.
I might consider buying another one and roll for Unflinching, Perfect Balance and Final Round.

hmmm... i have 20k glimmer, maybe i'll buy another and try for unflinching then. i want final round because of the OHK body shot.

hmmm... i have 20k glimmer, maybe i'll buy another and try for unflinching then. i want final round because of the OHK body shot.

Totally understandable, that's why I am going to fly to the tower right now, to roll one with Unflinching and Final Round :p

Edit:
It did cost me half of my motes, but there it is.

seqKBcIh.jpg

Arc - Ambush Scope, Unflinching, Perfect Balance, Final Round

Need some advice on my Spear Rolls. Need to figure out if I should try and roll them again.

Void - Rodeo / Field Scout / Muligan
Solar - Surplus / Field Scout / Muligan

First one is a great roll.

Solar version is solid too but there are so many great solar weapons in this game that I typically value void (and even arc to an extent) higher on a random roll.

GutZ31

Sitting in my car,waiting on my niece to get out of school, I can only think about glimmer farming.
What have you done to me Destiny.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Thanks rasengan, PrivateWHudson, and others for letting me in on the glimmer train.

Deku Tree

I don't know if I'll ever have to farm glimmer again with all my shards and energies in the vault. I'm like a Destiny glimmer 1%er now.

I want to know the situation with newly dropping post HoW exotics....

Will they have fewer nodes? Will they require ascension? Will VoG and CE be updated to drop post HoW quality exotics?

blackjaw

I had a hammer drop last night...reforged 6 times and still didn't get what I wanted...haha

I'm rank 4 and have only gotten the news breaker ship and jolders hammer as purple drops.

Deku Tree

So let's say I get nine wins on my ToO passage and I want to buy some stuff from Brother Vance... I go load into the reef and buy the weapon... Then I go to orbit and then I load into the tower and exchange some shards for glimmer... And then I load the reef again and buy some armor.... Shouldn't there be some way to speed up this process... Like say an option to load the tower directly from the reef?

lt519

Wait, this one fits the situation better:

tumblr_miji5mlS8q1qffqjqo1_250.gif

It's ok, the way I see it Horn is just a crutch for the weak players and not having Hawkmoon just brings me closer to our Xbox brethren. I'm better for it!

But it's an actual vacation, not a vacation from Destiny. If I could play it on trains in Europe I'd find a way...

Deku Tree

I was gonna grind to max crucible marks on each toon but now that they are doubling the amount of crucible marks per match I might just grind to crucible rank three and wait on grinding the marks until after the doubling. I'll just play as much PvP as I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom