• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I have to hope for Xur to sell the horn one day...

Your best bet is to run NM Crota and hope to get a Hunger of Crota, or better yet a Gjallahorn to drop.

Otherwise, I'd save your marks and wait until HoW drops. You can buy a vendor RL and then reroll it if necessary to get tracking and any other perks you might want.

Nuszka

Your welcome :) And I completely agree, dgaf has one of the best communities I've ever been a part of. <3 you guys! *tear*

No worries man, we can run some tonight. Darknyss said he would save an oracles checkpoint. Unless you wanted to just do Atheon? Maybe we can grab that from someone?

Would love to do oracles , but i don't mind rolling with what the majority wants.

GhaleonEB

From the PR about the live stream today:

They’ll be playing a brand new co-op Arena activity set in the Prison of Elders
Bungie has capitalized Arena in this context in previous PR, but this is the first time they've used this formulation. It really sounds like Arena is a new activity type, added to Strikes, Crucible, Patrols, Story and Raids, and Prison of Elders is the first.

From the PR about the live stream today:

Bungie has capitalized Arena in this context in previous PR, but this is the first time they've used this formulation. It really sounds like Arena is a new activity type, added to Strikes, Crucible, Patrols, Story and Raids, and Prison of Elders is the first.

If that means we get Comet with two new raids and an Arena, then I'm all for it.

I say two raids because we're not getting one this time around.

Arrrammis

RIP Heavy Ammo glitch if that list is to be believed. Crota just became even more annoying.

I'm not so sure, I almost get more annoyed by the people who waste a ton of time trying to empty auto rifles or the like to use the glitch. It wastes a ton of time and I currently have about 250 heavy ammo synth, just buy them in bulk from Xur, it's extremely cheap and saves a ton of time.

Lima

RIP Heavy Ammo glitch if that list is to be believed. Crota just became even more annoying.

Just use a fucking heavy ammo pack god damnit. So sick of waiting people to do the stupid glitch. Also fuck everyone not using NLB for heavy ammo glitching.

I enjoyed the heavy ammo glitch but lately I just pop heavy ammo synth... Since xur has been selling it, I buy atleast 40-60 a week and have like 300 in my vault. It's pretty much all I buy from xur now.

IMO people really shouldn't have an excuse for not having heavy ammo.... I mean what else are you going to use those strange coins for?

hey, PSA of the day - get your free PSN Games now!

Ether One (PS4)
Guacamelee (PS4)

Murasaki Baby (Vita)

Unfinished Swan (PSN)
Hohokum (PSN)
Race the Sun (PSN)

vctor182

I think they are referring to a different "glitch". When you have 0 special ammo you switch to IB, let it regen and then switch back to your previous special weapon and you get some ammo.

Mindlog

Xur has been selling Heavy Ammo for a while now, don't be stingy.

Well, aren't WE just a ray of fucking sunshine today!
Heavy Timers are the bigger problem.
I don't mind using my synths at all, but the heavy timer can slow progress on wipes.
Just use a fucking heavy ammo pack god damnit. So sick of waiting people to do the stupid glitch. Also fuck everyone not using NLB for heavy ammo glitching.
I've probably spent more time waiting for Titans to get their supers back than waiting for people to use really bad weapons to glitch.
I'm down for whatever the group is doing. I've done it legit, glitched, all Warlock, lots of 31s and everything in between.

Xur has been selling Heavy Ammo for a while now, don't be stingy.

Oh, I have plenty in storage. That five minute countdown, though. :(

I think they are referring to a different "glitch". When you have 0 special ammo you switch to IB, let it regen and then switch back to your previous special weapon and you get some ammo.

Maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me if they fixed that, too. Definitely not how they intend it to be played.

Is my nose still attached to the rest of my face? I think you just bit it off.

Just use a f###ing heavy ammo pack d@mnit. So sick of waiting people to do the stupid glitch. Also f### everyone not using NLB for heavy ammo glitching.

200.gif

I'm gonna go ahead and try to start another VoG HM train leaving in about 15 min.
It will be a fresh run, I like doing a full run especially when it's VoG.
Add yourself to the list if you want in (PSN).

1. EJRobinson90
2. TearsOfBlood

RetroMG

I actually read those patch notes as Ice Breaker couldn't be used to fill up ammo for other special weapons. If so, I would probably shard my Ice Breaker.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Any weapons must buy before the vendors reset for HOW?
Depending on what factions you have access to of course, but I recommend you check out

Secret Handshake and LDR 5001 (Vanguard)
Two to the Morgue and Saterienne Rapier (Crucible)
Judgment IV (New Monarchy)
The Chance (FWC)
I dunno how it happened but I'm back to playing Destiny on a regular basis...

Anyway duders, what's the best rocket launcher marks can buy?
Most of the vendor RLs aren't very good. I got the One Way Ticket from the vanguard vendor way back when Dark Below came out, but haven't used it for months. It's pretty much a Hunger of Crota without tracking, and even though cluster bombs look and sound kinda cool, they aren't very useful in most encounters.

So... I guess take your pick of which mediocre vendor RLs are available.
Guess I have to hope for Xur to sell the horn one day...
The Valedictorian from the Crucible vendor is Void and has 2 shells and Grenades and Horseshoes, the next best thing to tracking. I recommend it.

You'll pick up the horn at some point or another but Legendary rocket launchers have different utility and it's good to have a solid one on hand, especially if you have any interest in running more unusual or atypical builds one day.
Thinking of picking up the regular edition that's on sale for £24.99, I think it's the last day today, just wondering is it worth it? I'll be playing mainly SP but hooking up with a friend now and then, will this be supported for the foreseeable future?
That is a great deal, and the game will indeed be supported.
I really should temper my expectations for PoE. It needs to be amazing so I can justify the time investment for another 4 months.
Don't do that... just play if and when you want to on any given day.

If you have to justify the time investment to yourself you've already lost :(

With the right loadout it takes less than 30 seconds to prep. It is far less annoying than waiting for someones Heavy Synth cooldown to expire.

Heavy Timers are the bigger problem.
I don't mind using my synths at all, but the heavy timer can slow progress on wipes.
Oh, I have plenty in storage. That five minute countdown, though. :(
I'm guessing that my synth use compared to a wipe is just coincidental, because I really don't remember having to wait after a wipe to use another. It could also be that heavy ammo is a fairly regular, if in limited supply, drop once the crystal room doors drop.

GhaleonEB

Wait is that confirmed?
Yes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162906328&postcount=1312

If that means we get Comet with two new raids and an Arena, then I'm all for it.

I say two raids because we're not getting one this time around.

I'm expecting one for Comet, partly going by what Urk said last month (they are building a raid for the fall), and partly as PoE is a replacement of sorts for the raid. HoW is a larger overall expansion than TDB was, so I'm guessing they don't feel the need to make something up later on. Two raids would be lovely, though.

Anastasis

Daamn all those VoG HM trains and i have to go to work :( Is the stream really 2,5 hours long ? The past 2 weeks i managed to slack off for an hour just to watch them but 2,5 hours someone might notice lol.

2.5 hours? Someone at Bungie isn't a fan a UEFA Champion's League soccer. I love Destiny, but my love for Barca > Bungie.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If only there was an easily obtainable currency that I could spend on such items...
Forgive me, but there are few I can imagine to be more "easily obtainable." There are very few useful currency tokens I can think of throughout the gaming world that you are awarded for losing.

Of course, if you mean that it's time-consuming to accrue them I certainly get that. Hopefully the doubled match rewards from this upcoming patch will aid in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom