• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Your best bet is to run NM Crota and hope to get a Hunger of Crota, or better yet a Gjallahorn to drop.

Otherwise, I'd save your marks and wait until HoW wolves drops. You can buy a vendor RL and then reroll it if necessary to get tracking and any other perks you might want.

find a group for Crota's End on normal. Hunger of Crota is the best Legendary RL in the game
sorry breezy, HV just don't cut it

Guess I'll have to find some PS3 destiners that are interested in doing CE with a CE newb... :p

I enjoyed the heavy ammo glitch but lately I just pop heavy ammo synth... Since xur has been selling it, I buy atleast 40-60 a week and have like 300 in my vault. It's pretty much all I buy from xur now.

IMO people really shouldn't have an excuse for not having heavy ammo.... I mean what else are you going to use those strange coins for?

I really wish those ammo packs wouldn't have 5 minutes of cool down, seems like too much. At least it shouldn't apply to all types of ammo packs regardless of which one you used...

The Valedictorian from the Crucible vendor is Void and has 2 shells and Grenades and Horseshoes, the next best thing to tracking. I recommend it.

You'll pick up the horn at some point or another but Legendary rocket launchers have different utility and it's good to have a solid one on hand, especially if you have any interest in running more unusual or atypical builds one day.

I'll look into that, thanks.

GhaleonEB

2.5 hours? Someone at Bungie isn't a fan a UEFA Champion's League soccer. I love Destiny, but my love for Barca > Bungie.

Someone asked how long UNTIL the stream. The answer was 2.5 hours. Now how long the steam is. The last two were an hour, I'd expect the same today. :)

rNilla

Forgive me, but there are few I can imagine to be more "easily obtainable." There are very few useful currency tokens I can think of throughout the gaming world that you are awarded for losing.

Of course, if you mean that it's time-consuming to accrue them I certainly get that. Hopefully the doubled match rewards from this upcoming patch will aid in that regard.

Sure but now you're just nitpicking.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sure but now you're just nitpicking.
Well my bad. I legitimately wasn't sure if you meant it one way or the other. You can go AFK in Rumble matches if all you care about is earning the marks, so it's just a matter of time.

I'm thinking you are referring more broadly to an exchange of Vanguard to Faction-spendable marks or the ability for them to accept Vanguard marks outright and I think that's a great idea.
Spoilers for the mission story boss:

http://i.imgur.com/VNzN3DB.jpg
uhhhhh. cool

GhaleonEB

What are "player facing challenges"?

Changes that affect players. This is the update that enables House of Wolves to go live, and is being deployed so they can do a couple weeks of final testing in the live environment. But changes that affect the player base won't be turned on for a while.

I'm guessing that my synth use compared to a wipe is just coincidental, because I really don't remember having to wait after a wipe to use another. It could also be that heavy ammo is a fairly regular, if in limited supply, drop once the crystal room doors drop.

I've often had to wait, especially before I got the raid boots for my characters. If you're playing with two people against Crota, synth five rockets, shoot him with four and then wipe, you'll either need to wait for another synth or just suck it up and do the glitch.

On Hard Mode, where generally there are more people present, that becomes less of an issue.

Namikaze1

Yo!

Two spots for Crota HM @ Deathsinger on PS4

We doing 1 Deathsinger and 3 Crota beatdowns!

Join on me, Math, Nooblet, or Raybunzy.

Namikaze1

I hate you. I hate you.

Not sleeping tonight.

rNilla

Well my bad. I legitimately wasn't sure if you meant it one way or the other. You can go AFK in Rumble matches if all you care about is earning the marks, so it's just a matter of time.

I'm thinking you are referring more broadly to an exchange of Vanguard to Faction-spendable marks or the ability for them to accept Vanguard marks outright and I think that's a great idea.

No worries, just once again lamenting about being locked out of 90% of the vendors because I don't play enough PVP.

EDIT: Also, this always comes to mind when I think about this topic:

Deku Tree

Just use a fucking heavy ammo pack god damnit. So sick of waiting people to do the stupid glitch. Also fuck everyone not using NLB for heavy ammo glitching.

It's much faster to do the heavy glitch with WoC than NLB. And I always get a lot of heavy because IB is already equipped. I am always the first guy waiting by the rock for everyone to finish emptying their ammo.

Ambitious

Five months to fix a bug that should under no circumstances never, ever have passed QA. Hell, it shouldn't even have come that far. How on earth can you create a weapon with just two new perks and not test those two perks together before calling it a day, for fuck's sake?
Well, congratulations. I assume fixing Word of Crota will take another five months.

I hate you. I hate you.

Not sleeping tonight.

Holy FUCK!

Please edit.

Heavily arachnaphobic here.

Math, I hate you.

Looks like
an Archon Priest
, no?

Even more reason to get that trash outta here.

I couldn't watch that movie... :(

Nor could I watch the last Lord of the Rings. :(

It... it causes problems.

Never visit Australia in that case.

I have pictures on my phone of spiders I find at home, want a peek? :p

jett

D-Member
No worries, just once again lamenting about being locked out of 90% of the vendors because I don't play enough PVP.

EDIT: Also, this always comes to mind when I think about this topic:

I must be one of the few if not the only dude here that vastly plays more PVP than anything else. Just checked my stats and exactly 50% of my time has been spent on the Crucible, 100 hours. I'm sitting at 200 hours of Destiny gaming (plus 21 minutes :p).

*snip*
That is a great deal, and the game will indeed be supported.

Don't do that... just play if and when you want to on any given day.

If you have to justify the time investment to yourself you've already lost :(
true dat.

on a side note, do you have some tips/tricks for those who want to Flawlessly Raid CE? :D

rNilla

I must be one of the few if not the only dude here that vastly plays more PVP than anything else. Just checked my stats and exactly 50% of my time has been spent on the Crucible, 100 hours. I'm sitting at 200 hours of Destiny gaming (plus 21 minutes :p).

Oh there are definitely others like you but I am not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom