• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutZ31

Getting carried by Fig!
FUCK-YEAH.jpg

I will be locking my fireteam and soloing the Arena on release.

Nuszka

Lies, don't tell filthy lies about the amazing ToO gear being inferior to anything.

Always hated Egyptian themed gear , it gives me the same cringe on my faces just like years ago watching stargate sg1 and the dorky looking Jaffa gear, personal opinion mind.

i have mixed feelings about the new strike. on the one hand, it's a cool mashup of some of the others while having a few twists of its own.

on the other hand, it's another missed opportunity to introduce objectives or other interesting boss mechanics to the strikes. the boss has one pathetic attack and wont have much health by the time you confront him. it looks like we'll have to wait till destiny 2 to see any improvement there.

stb

but you can only do each raid once per week per character

has there been any word on the limit for PoE yet? if its anything like the strike playlist in regards to rewards i'm never raiding again. happily

hell, the crucible additions are pretty substantial too

I guess that's my problem with it; this is supposed to be the raid replacement activity. As such, the rewards should be similar. Even if I did 6 raids a week, and they really did take 30 minutes on average, that's 3 hours for 12 exotic rolls. POE is half that.

I see this somewhere between ROC and NF replacement than raid. This really should have been a supplemental activity, rather than "instead of" a raid.

It's possible I'm just salty after that crap-tastic stream. I'm just disappointed in it so far. I'll try it, and hopefully it'll be worth doing, even as a change of pace some weeks.

I only caught the first 10 minutes then I had a meeting.

Overall feel, good, bad, meh? Horde mode with modifiers sounds fairly fun, ME3 style it seems. But I read a little that the rewards seem too shallow for the amount of effort?

Just thought about this.

With the level 35 being available day 1, we wont have a hard mode to come out after a few weeks.

So outside of patches, this'll be it until the comet.

stb

But to say that there's no people that enjoy doing whole raids is well, a bit facetious.

I didn't say that, and I've repeatedly clarified the "no"/"none"/"nobody" thing.

I said very few people do the raids start to finish multiple times per week, and that will hurt how many people play POE on an ongoing basis with the current setup of time/CPs/rewards as we understand the information we have today.

People find the path of least resistance for rewards, and that is the way the majority will play the game. It's human nature.

That said, I enjoy playing the game, especially VoG. I, and my team, just don't have the time to play both raids 3x per week. And if I did, I'd be getting 2x the rewards than I'd get for playing POE in the same time.

My argument isn't that some people will find it fun; hell, some people would like it even if there were NO rewards. Some people play the HM raids more than once per character, just because they like doing it. I'm not arguing that it happens, or that they shouldn't. What I'm suggesting is that this fits neatly into the "Bungie doesn't respect our time" narrative that they've caught a TON of flak for over the months the game's been out. In my opinion, the reward ratio and lack of CPs is a misstep and will be adjusted.

Rewards are a huge part of the game; I'd wager it's the reason most players continue to play; the game is built from the ground up to prey on this carrot-dangling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom