• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ive done it before in 30 minutes" doesn't mean "it takes 30 minutes". Also, nobody here is playing both raids start to finish 3x a week currently, even if it DID only take 2.5 hours.

The only reason we do the raids every week is CPs.

I *do* agree that once people get good at it, it'll probably take ~30 minutes; the reward density has to be worth that 30 minutes, though, or it won't have any legs.

"Nobody will play without checkpoints" is slightly hyperbolic. "FAR fewer people will play it week to week without CPs than would if there were CPs" is not. I can't see them not adding SOME sort of CP system. A halfway point or something.

Really? Because me and some others I joined up with on DGaf have run each raid multiple times throughout the week. Whether it's doing a VoG fresh for a fight or just running a full Crotas end 3x, it's a bit facetious for you to say that.

And yeah, the IGN video has a HM completed in 36ish minutes. I think you're overblowing the importance of checkpoints.

From IGN:

Our team was comprised of two Warlocks and an invaluable Titan. In my experience, a Titan with a bubble shield will be your best friend when it comes to succeeding at these missions, as we quickly discovered that sticking together and pushing back the onslaught of enemies was the best way to come out on top. Each time we went into an area we would be given a hint about what we would face next and equip the appropriate gear. Hive? Bring your fatebringer. Cabal? Be sure to grab something with solar damage. It’s all part of the Player vs. Environment strategy that you’re used to, but come prepared for anything.

nOoblet16

2x HM Crota...join on nOoblet16 or EJRobinson90...party is open.
Should get a couple of people, who were with us before servers went offline, joining as well.

Namikaze1

Actually, I'm done for the day. Don't feel like playing Destiny after that terrible stream. Don't showcase things like that without a competent team, Bungie.

Bungie also throws in a little spice in the form of modifiers. We were told that there’s a total of eight, but during our play session we encountered a brawler mod which increased our melee damage, a Catapult mod which increased our grenade recharge rate, and at the same times classics would pop up like juggler and lightswitch. The modifiers yet again force you to be tactical with your team, so be sure you’ve brought the right weapon build to the table when entering the ring.

Finally, let’s talk about the mini bosses. While they don’t feel like Raid bosses, one could compare them to any of the strike bosses that you face at the end of a mission, i.e. they’re large bullet sponges that have plenty of minions to throw at you while you try and do enough damage to defeat them. While powering through the prison, we faced a Wretched Knight who would sit on top of a hill as we mowed down his minions. Then there was Valus Trau’ug, a normal sized Cabal that would chase us all around the map while sporting a shield that rotated through solar, arc, and void modifiers.

Man this is some lazy ass shit right here.

PoE primaries will only drop from lvl 35 mode according to IGN.

So far the Prison of Elders seems like the PVE answer to the Trials of Osiris. It’s yet another method for players to level up and get new gear, but it only left us wondering what the level 35 mission against Skolas entails. We know that it has six rounds – one more than the game we played – and that it’ll drop primaries similar to fatebringer, but what else will it bring?

Deku Tree

Actually, I'm done for the day. Don't feel like playing Destiny after that terrible stream. Don't showcase things like that without a competent team, Bungie.

They should have picked three good players to actually play it and then had Deej commenting.
They got destroyed by the Arc Burn Hive mode one shooting everyone.
Horrible.

this is from the the preview from PSN:
5icSagu.jpg

doesn't that look like a vexed up Hive Knight, or is that just me?

Lnkn52

They should have picked three good players to actually play it and then had Deej commenting.
They got destroyed by the Arc Burn Hive mode one shooting everyone.
Horrible.

We all know that Bungie listens to the community, so no Broman for reveal streams anymore. #muteBroman

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
My point exactly. You play for the loot because it enhances your experience. I do too. So I want to get my rewards so I can use them and keep playing the game. We are on the same page.

I see. I just disagree that playing and not getting loot is bad. I want a challenge. Destiny is frequently too easy I think.

Nuszka

Moreconsole has footage of the new hunter gear , in my opinion it shuts all over ToO gear , in work now so I cannot add links

stb

Really? Because me and some others I joined up with on DGaf have run each raid multiple times throughout the week. Whether it's doing a VoG fresh for a fight or just running a full Crotas end 3x, it's a bit facetious for you to say that.

And yeah, the IGN video has a HM completed in 36ish minutes. I think you're overblowing the importance of checkpoints.

Instead of nit-picking diction, please look at my general point.

A minority of people, even here, are doing both raids from start to finish 3x every week.

Assuming this ends up being ~30 minutes, the rewards are on par with NF, which takes about half the time on average.

The ratio of time:reward isn't here. As it appears to me, so far, it'd be a decent "add on" activity, but it isn't going to supplant the raid activities. I can run 3x Gorgon and 3x Atheon with my team in under an hour and get 6 exotic chances, or I can do 2 PoE runs in the same time. The math doesn't work.

CPs would just make that ratio easier to swallow.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

A minority of people, even here, are doing both raids from start to finish 3x every week.

Assuming this ends up being ~30 minutes, the rewards are on par with NF, which takes about half the time on average.

The ratio of time:reward isn't here. As it appears to me, so far, it'd be a decent "add on" activity, but it isn't going to supplant the raid activities. I can run 3x Gorgon and 3x Atheon with my team in under an hour and get 6 exotic chances, or I can do 2 PoE runs in the same time. The math doesn't work.

but you can only do each raid once per week per character

has there been any word on the limit for PoE yet? if its anything like the strike playlist in regards to rewards i'm never raiding again. happily

hell, the crucible additions are pretty substantial too

From the sound of it, you enjoy the reward aspect of the game more than the actual gameplay aspect. And that's fine. To me however, a horde mode is perfect because the gameplay is fun, it's random, and it rewards you for doing this gameplay.

And that's fine if you enjoy the reward aspect more than the gameplay. I'm not going to fault you for that. But to say that there's no people that enjoy doing whole raids is well, a bit facetious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom