• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean only checkpoint preservation week to week, I mean being able to play with my group through CE once, saving the DS CP, finishing Crota, then doing DS/Crota 2x more.

I'm sure they didn't intend the week-to-week CP keeping, but being able to go to orbit or quit and resume without wasting 50 minutes for 3 people is critical.

100% chance they fix this, or no one's going to play it.

With a good group, I've run HM VoG in around 30 minutes. HM Crotas End takes about 20 minutes. Again, with a good group. The Matchmaking version of the arena will probably be easy, and at first the HM arena will be a challenge. With good teamwork, this mode can probably be knocked out in around 30ish minutes. At first it'll take a while though.

And you saying 'Nobody will play without checkpoints!' is a bit hyperbolic.

But this is not even a raid which is mind blowing.

Yeah <_> It's a horde mode and they're having trouble haha.

Another I like is the 3-man teams. I feel like in the raids, weaker players can just hide behind stronger players, i.e. Kadey soloing Crota while 5 dudes sit back and wait to collect loot.

With teams of 3, everyone will have to hold it down, or the squad won't advance. Personally, I like the added pressure. Same with Trials of Osiris. Imagine the intensity of being the last man standing knowing it's all on you and everyone is watching?

Have you played VoG a lot? It's anything but that.

A lot of people have bemoaned the highlighted but that's just bad raid design, not a strike against a 6 man team.

Frenden

Banned
DeeJ just standing there during the wave reset and idly watching his radar turn red for a solid five seconds before moving or firing or reacting in any way was pretty indicative of how this was destined to go.

I just get the impression they made this look harder than it is. There wasn't many occasions where people were using ideal Loadouts for the situation. A half decent group who play together regularly will steam through the 32/34 versions in about the same time as a hard VoG run.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What are the quick and dirty details for PoE?

Are you going to be completely underleveled like Crota again for forced difficulty?

Defyler

The small areas with no cover and copious amounts of enemies just seems lazy as all get out.

They are trying so hard to sell this as end game content but it has very little intricacy from what we just watched.

More like BOOman, amiright? Amiright?

1083.gif

hydruxo

Well that's sad. No talk about loot or anything? Just attempts at the PoE?

They didn't get far enough to get to the loot. Round 5 is the final round against a mini boss, once you beat that you get loot.

From IGN:

Once Thau’ug fell, however, we were all treated to the real treasure. After receiving a Treasure Key, we once again went back to the central room, only to discover that the ground had opened beneath us. We then descended to receive our prizes, which seemed completely random. While I received a 23 clip Machine Gun that seemed rather ordinary, it’s important to remember that you can re-roll these weapons for better perks that fit your playstyle. This mechanic is already used in the Iron Banner, but will be expanding to all House of Wolves weapons. My teammates received a scout rifle with some decent stats and a shotgun that could potentially replace the Secret Handshake or Felwinters lie. The chests also contain another chance at Exotic weapons and armor, meaning yet another path for players to grind through week after week.

No, I play because I enjoy the combat and RPG elements within the shooter environment. I enjoy collecting loot because it modifies the combat. This game is significantly better with multiple exotics to play around with that alter gameplay such as Obsidian Mind, Helm of St. 14, Bad JuJu, Don't Touch Me, etc.

I play the game for the combat. I collect the gear to modify the combat.

My point exactly. You play for the loot because it enhances your experience. I do too. So I want to get my rewards so I can use them and keep playing the game. We are on the same page.

Navy Bean

I can't say I was impressed...at all. And I generally like Horde Modes. Anyways, I'll still probably get it.

Missed the beginning - did they talk about loot drops at all? How do you get loot from PoE?

pixxxelz

So I watched the stream for a few minutes (at work and I can't afford to watch it all) and they are level 34 and were using CE gear? I haven't been following the news about HoW but does this means we're gonna be able to upgrade armor as well?

What are the quick and dirty details for PoE?

Are you going to be completely underleveled like Crota again for forced difficulty?

Pretty much. But it's got multiple levels like the strike playlist. They were playing the level 34 not 35 but still getting their asses kicked. Gave up on the fourth round. Took them like 1.5 hours to get this far as well

Lnkn52

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/destinys-prison-of-elders-aims-to-please-pve-players

IGN said:
After receiving a Treasure Key, we once again went back to the central room, only to discover that the ground had opened beneath us. We then descended to receive our prizes, which seemed completely random. While I received a 23 clip Machine Gun that seemed rather ordinary, it&#8217;s important to remember that you can re-roll these weapons for better perks that fit your playstyle. This mechanic is already used in the Iron Banner, but will be expanding to all House of Wolves weapons. My teammates received a scout rifle with some decent stats and a shotgun that could potentially replace the Secret Handshake or Felwinters lie. The chests also contain another chance at Exotic weapons and armor, meaning yet another path for players to grind through week after week.

Datto video:
Destiny House of Wolves: Prison of Elders Infosplosion - Gameplay, New Modifiers and More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n7EIOmAnyc

boofa

Neo Member
Skipped to the end of the IGN video and it looks like Valus is the boss, so its not a new boss, just a retread!?! #disappointing

stb

With a good group, I've run HM VoG in around 30 minutes. HM Crotas End takes about 20 minutes. Again, with a good group. The Matchmaking version of the arena will probably be easy, and at first the HM arena will be a challenge. With good teamwork, this mode can probably be knocked out in around 30ish minutes. At first it'll take a while though.

And you saying 'Nobody will play without checkpoints!' is a bit hyperbolic.

"Ive done it before in 30 minutes" doesn't mean "it takes 30 minutes". Also, nobody here is playing both raids start to finish 3x a week currently, even if it DID only take 2.5 hours.

The only reason we do the raids every week is CPs.

I *do* agree that once people get good at it, it'll probably take ~30 minutes; the reward density has to be worth that 30 minutes, though, or it won't have any legs.

"Nobody will play without checkpoints" is slightly hyperbolic. "FAR fewer people will play it week to week without CPs than would if there were CPs" is not. I can't see them not adding SOME sort of CP system. A halfway point or something.

Frenden

Banned
The rewards seem low for the effort put in, saving that things aren't orders of magnitude easier than the three of them made it look (which is a possibility).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom