• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the article mentions that 16 million were reported in february.

4 million more people playing the game - even once - in the span of 3 months is what's more interesting to me.

i wonder where the growth is coming from.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i admit the universal remote/vestian dynasty build I'm playing with in my head might be what I am most excited about now.
Where's the damn summary of last night Berried?! We had loot dropping like crazy. I got:

No Land Beyond (lol)
Red Death (my second)
2 Midas (i've lost count)
Gjallarhorn (5th). 2 Gjallrhorns dropped on a single opening of the chest, so 2/6 of us got one on the first shot at it.

T-44 got Hunger of Crota AND Fatebringer.

Lots of other armor and stuff dropped for other people as well as exotics. We only did VoG HM full 1 time followed up w/ another atheon kill. I've got the oracles checkpoint if anyone wants run it this evening.
Please keep me in mind. Heading home now. I want the Foil now more than ever.

stb

Where's the damn summary of last night Berried?! We had loot dropping like crazy. I got:

No Land Beyond (lol)
Red Death (my second)
2 Midas (i've lost count)
Gjallarhorn (5th). 2 Gjallrhorns dropped on a single opening of the chest, so 2/6 of us got one on the first shot at it.

T-44 got Hunger of Crota AND Fatebringer.

Lots of other armor and stuff dropped for other people as well as exotics. We only did VoG HM full 1 time followed up w/ another atheon kill. I've got the oracles checkpoint if anyone wants run it this evening.

Sorry, hopefully I'll post it tomorrow. Our drops were nuts, too. Well, at least for one guy.

Deku Tree

Figured I'd share some of my concerns on the Prison of Elders stuff we saw...

- I'm not a fan of the artificial difficulty that we got in the Crota raid via enemies being 1 level higher than the player max so not great to see that continue with the Prison of Elders arena.

- Main part of the game taking place in static single room arena's, I feel it diminishes the sense of progression/discovery that the other end content provides as you move forward through the environment.

- Nothing to really break up the single game-type of shooting everything that is thrown at you, much like the above point I would have loved to have seen rounds put in that required more of a puzzle or platforming element to break up the monotony.

- Real lack of objectives, we saw a Kill the VIP/Defuse Mines and later a Destroy Mines, I really hope there are quite a few more types of objectives we don't know about but not feeling confident as of right now.

- Bit worried about the inclusion of modifiers, due to the random nature of Horde modes I feel like we can end with some real terrible outcomes which can potentially end up being more annoying than fun.

- The stasis field only affecting the players and not enemies seems like a real missed opportunity for some strategic play, if we could use the traps to our advantage it could provide more teamwork.

- The new special weapon seems a bit underwhelming, not as unique as the relic in terms of mechanics and less useful than I would have expected it to be in terms of damage dealing.

...anyway, that's the stuff off the top of my head.

Speaking of modifiers... That ArcBurn modifier with the Hive with no place to hide made it impossible for Bungies self selected crew to progress in their stream and they had to give up.... They all kept getting one shot... Deej wanted to stop and someone off camera told them to try one more time and Deej made the most unhappy face... Bungie must be internally horrified by that abysmal presentation today.

Oh I think it was posted in the gaf twich chat..

Here you go:

9508ad74_Untit3wrgled.png

that reminds me of the odst pistol. low impact fast fire.

1000px-M6C_SOCOM.png

Nuszka

You like that? Man, I haven't liked any of the Titan Raid/Arena gear, they are way too over designed. Vendor gear always looks better, than I'll be sticking with vendor gear this time around since we can get it to light 34.

Just saw the rotating video , not so sure now , will have to see it in action, to judge properly . Would love to get my hands on some vanilla legendary gear.

border

Yes and that's one of the things Bungie does to annoy people. Going down to kill the ogres was a strategy, a good one and a very viable one. Bungie completely removed it because they perhaps thought it wasn't meant to be played that way, it makes no sense to have a gatekeeper there...what is he even guarding ? There's no gate there ! If he is guarding the ceiling where we drop from after the thrallway section then why wasn't he there before the Crota fight ?

I think it's funny that the player-response to that was to just move into the Ogre spawn rooms, which is a much faster and much more risk-free way to kill them. At least when people retreated to the Gatekeeper room there was a chance an ogre's eyebeam might hit them.....when you go to the Ogre room you get to kill one ogre who can't even really attack you before he gets nuked. And there's much more cover to use against the second ogre.

someday

Banned
Wait, so how does one get from level 32 to level 33 or 34? We need that ethereal stuff right? Is there another way to get to at least level 33 so that the 34 PoE isn't so difficult? Does the level 32 PoE mission drop stuff that will enable us to level up?

Where's the damn summary of last night Berried?!

Sorry, hopefully I'll post it tomorrow. Our drops were nuts, too. Well, at least for one guy.

Some other guy had a crazy number of drops too. All to the bottom of the jumping puzzle.

We only did VoG HM full 1 time followed up w/ another atheon kill. I've got the oracles checkpoint if anyone wants run it this evening.

I'd be down for another VoG run. Let me know!

Weird fucking stats. I don't understand the point of this weapon.
I know I'll certainly be using it. Many times I've had 2 shots left in my handcannon without time to reload it and would've loved to have a secondary with some distance since I was unable to kill off whoever I came across with the aforementioned 2 shots. I can see it being very useful in crucible, not so much in pve

Wait, so how does one get from level 32 to level 33 or 34? We need that ethereal stuff right? Is there another way to get to at least level 33 so that the 34 PoE isn't so difficult? Does the level 32 PoE mission drop stuff that will enable us to level up?

You get an armor core from lvl32 PoE to acquire lvl34 gear. Etheric Light is to ascend non-lvl34 gear.

Quoting me from the Last Mythocast episode:
http://www.spreaker.com/user/7944038/mythocast-episode-6-etheric-hype

Quote starts at 75:30
Kor said:
Here's my guess. You're going to go in. You're going to be in a small arena shaped thing. The basic shape is going to be the same, but you're going to have these waves that come in and basically be like the elimination thing where you'll have 1 round set up like this, and then the next round... there will be like 4 rounds, and they'll all have the same basic shape but like some small geometry will change shape that will make the playing field dynamic. Then every 3rd or 4th round will be a checkpoint of some kind, like a boss round with a reward or something I guess.

It wasn't 100% of what I envisioned. I was thinking something closer to the Cave of Ordeals from Twilight Princess, but I wasn't too far off.

border

Speaking of modifiers... That ArcBurn modifier with the Hive with no place to hide made it impossible for Bungies self selected crew to progress in their stream and they had to give up.... They all kept getting one shot... Deej wanted to stop and someone off camera told them to try one more time and Deej made the most unhappy face... Bungie must be internally horrified by that abysmal presentation today.

Those guys were all hot garbage at the game anyway though. Deej didn't turn on Fireborn until after an hour of fails. Broman kept whining about how scared he was to come and revive the others when he's a hunter and can easily cloak in a matter of seconds. That was after he FINALLY went to Blade Dancer, after having spent the first half in Gunslinger wasting his Golden Gun on trash mobs (just because your Super is up doesn't mean you have to use it, dude!). The other Titan guy did not equip Helm of Saint-14 even though that should be the obvious choice for a game mode like this.

Many times they all simultaneously agreed that they should stick together, but inevitably they would end up on opposite sides of the room.

GhaleonEB

I thought it looked okay. The players - Broman especially, since he was on screen a lot - were playing very, very badly. Fighting wizards right out in the open, not using blink strike when it was charged to get to cover, firing a rocket a something while invisible - but also sandwiched between TWO wizards. My take away was it would require a more thoughtful approach than taking things head on. My Hunter would have been on full stealth mode, taking down wizards first. They kept running in circles.

Mindlog

Those guys were all hot garbage at the game anyway though. Deej didn't turn on Fireborn until after an hour of fails. Broman kept whining about how scared he was to come and revive the others when he's a hunter and can easily cloak in a matter of seconds. That was after he FINALLY went to Blade Dancer, after having spent the first half in Gunslinger wasting his Golden Gun on trash mobs (just because your Super is up doesn't mean you have to use it, dude!). The other Titan guy did not equip Helm of Saint-14 even though that should be the obvious choice for a game mode like this.

Many times they all simultaneously agreed that they should stick together, but inevitably they would end up on opposite sides of the room.
Actually my biggest complaint was the complete lack of orb feeding.

Orb feeding makes all the difference in strikes like the Undying Mind.
Well orb feeding or Obsidian Mind. Prolocks don't have to rely on others being on the ball.

border

For those of us that had to work today, is there any links to re watch stuff?

You would probably do yourself a favor to just look at the various YouTubers who got early access to all this content. The stream itself is 90 minutes of idiotic decisions and poor gameplay, with very little info actually revealed.

You know that first section of Devil's Lair where you have to fight 3 waves of Fallen? Imagine if you had to watch PewDiePie fail at that for more than an hour......that was today's stream.

ocean

Banned
At first I thought they were playing poorly on purpose because it'd give a bad impression of the raid-tier activity if it were steamrolled on their first try.

Then I realized after a while though they are just not good at this :p I'll take a GAF group any day over these guys

LTWood12

i admit the universal remote/vestian dynasty build I'm playing with in my head might be what I am most excited about now.

Please keep me in mind. Heading home now. I want the Foil now more than ever.

Yep. I'll be on in a couple hours and week can get a crew together.

Edit: you too science

You would probably do yourself a favor to just look at the various YouTubers who got early access to all this content. The stream itself is 90 minutes of idiotic decisions and poor gameplay, with very little info actually revealed.

You know that first section of Devil's Lair where you have to fight 3 waves of Fallen? Imagine if you had to watch PewDiePie fail at that for more than an hour......that was today's stream.

It may not have been a good showing, but it does show what PoE will be like for a fair portion of the playerbase. Good luck LFGers, you're going to need it.

Looking for Group

NF 3x
Weekly 3x
PoE 35 3x
ToO 9 wins 3x

Also is it confirmed that if you do the level 35 PoE you should do level 34 for more loot drop or is it like the raid. Higher level contains the drop for lower levels so there is no need.

Zoidberg

Looks OK I suppose. I don't see how they're planning on keeping that fresh until the comet, which I'd be predicting Christmas. DB -> HoW was around 6 months, they're (activision) definitely not going to miss out on seasonal sales and release it within 6 weeks of Christmas. Hopefully they release a filler raid between now and then.

Vestian Dynasty looks like the Necrochasm's annoying kid brother. What do people see in it?

If I attempt to empty a full clip with my Hawkmoon and the person has a little health left and I need to reload I can switch to it and feel like 50 cent and buss a cap in you.

GhaleonEB

Looks OK I suppose. I don't see how they're planning on keeping that fresh until the comet, which I'd be predicting Christmas. DB -> HoW was around 6 months, they're (activision) definitely not going to miss out on seasonal sales and release it within 6 weeks of Christmas. Hopefully they release a filler raid between now and then.

It think the rotation of rounds and modifiers in the base mode will help, as will the weekly rotation of the challenge modes. Certainly that's a lot more build in replayability than any strike.

Comet won't be as late as Christmas. I'm expecting September, October at the latest.

noomi

I liked what I saw, I think house of wolves is shaping up to be pretty great and very different from what we've had so far. At this point though... Many of us will take anything new whether we like the content or not, something new is good.

Anyway... Here is what I'm curious about. If we do the level 35 arena... Do we still need to do the level 34,32,28....?

I liked what I saw, I think house of wolves is shaping up to be pretty great and very different from what we've had so far. At this point though... Many of us will take anything new whether we like the content or not, something new is good.

Anyway... Here is what I'm curious about. If we do the level 35 arena... Do we still need to do the level 34,32,28....?

It wasn't explicitly said but I would assume all lower level difficulty rewards drop, that is a staple design for everything so far.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I need to bring out my fusion rifle more in the crucible. Forgot how good it can be.

ich00

repost for a new page

I should be around to help, shoot me a message on psn if you're starting and I'm not online. It all depends on my son getting to sleep on time.

If I'm not helping kaz's group get their flawless on I'd be down for this, I really want that foil and the gloves for my hunter, plus I wouldn't mind another fatebringer.

Deku Tree

Looking for Group

NF 3x
Weekly 3x
PoE 35 3x
ToO 9 wins 3x

Also is it confirmed that if you do the level 35 PoE you should do level 34 for more loot drop or is it like the raid. Higher level contains the drop for lower levels so there is no need.

IDK for sure but there were some posts on Reddit claiming that Gothalion said in one of his streams that the rewards for PoE do not stack and you have to do at least more than one difficulty on each toon to get all of the weekly PoE rewards per toon... Could be a major grind.

It wasn't explicitly said but I would assume all lower level difficulty rewards drop, that is a staple design for everything so far.

Opposite design choice was made for the most recent CE raid.

I can't remember where I heard it but in a youtube video I watched ts afternoon they said the loot doesn't stack as you do higher difficulties like it does in VoG / CE. You can do all 4 difficulties in one week and get loot from each of them, no matter what order you do them in. Each difficulty has progressively better rewards of course.

Read the similar thing on reddit.

I should be around to help, shoot me a message on psn if you're starting and I'm not online. It all depends on my son getting to sleep on time.

If I'm not helping kaz's group get their flawless on I'd be down for this, I really want that foil and the gloves for my hunter, plus I wouldn't mind another fatebringer.

will do, Ich! you're part of why DGaf is da bes!!!

hydruxo

I can't remember where I heard it but in a youtube video I watched ts afternoon they said the loot doesn't stack as you do higher difficulties like it does in VoG / CE. You can do all 4 difficulties in one week and get loot from each of them, no matter what order you do them in. Each difficulty has progressively better rewards of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom