• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

It wasn't explicitly said but I would assume all lower level difficulty rewards drop, that is a staple design for everything so far.

Since each of the non-matchmade PoE missions are different objectives/bosses/playlists, I would actually assume that this is not the case. I see it as the difference between three different Roc strikes, or at least the Nightfall and Heroic.

IDK for sure but there were some posts on Reddit claiming that Gothalion said in one of his streams that the rewards for PoE do not stack and you have to do at least more than one difficulty on each toon to get all of the weekly PoE rewards per toon... Could be a major grind.

Opposite design choice was made for the most recent CE raid.

I really hope this isn't true. But I know the level 35 reward is all the smaller rewards so if the NPC only sells one armor and one weapon you just need to do 35 a week and be set.

Also god bless this is dropping right before summer. I will have 2 months free to just grind.

hydruxo

Where is this from?

How am I going to make time for games that are not Desiny?

hereforever_by_fartprincess-d5ztsoc.jpg

Since each of the non-matchmade PoE missions are different objectives/bosses/playlists, I would actually assume that this is not the case. I see it as the difference between three different Roc strikes, or at least the Nightfall and Heroic.

If we have to play all of them I am going to quickly loathe PoE.

Not going to play it 9 times each week across 3 toons.

Deku Tree

The loot table changed of that is what you mean, but you still got double drops in HM.

No way to get non-primary weapons playing HM CE. Bungie forces you to do both difficulties to get all the rewards in the CE raid. Just saying it would not be inconsistent to do the similar thing in PoE. I hope this isn't the case though.

Deku Tree

The Foil refuses to drop for me. Been running HM oracles regularly recently and still no luck. I really want one. Anyway I probably won't be prioritizing ascending it for a while anyway.

Just don't play them then. Treating Destiny like a job kills the fun.

I wish I could do that, but leaving progression on the table each week makes the OCD side of me go bonkers. Once I hit Level 34 on each character I won't play nearly as much, just like now where I have only done 1 raid in the last 2 or so months.

border

I imagine that Prison of Elders is going to end up a lot like Xur, where you just end up with a massive stack of currency it almost impossible to spend. Consider that the faction vendor only sells one new armor piece and one new weapon each week. So oftentimes you'll skip buying anything because you don't like Fusion Rifles or already have that armor slot filled or whatever.

Yeah it seems like Bungie is stingy now that you haven't bought any upgrades or new gear, but in a month or two I think most people will have a decent stack of unused Armor Cores and Weapon Cores.

The positive side of this is that you won't feel obligated to run Prison of Elders 9 times a week.....just like most of us have probably stopped running the Weekly Heroic unless we're really in the mood for it.

Deku Tree

I really hope this isn't true. But I know the level 35 reward is all the smaller rewards so if the NPC only sells one armor and one weapon you just need to do 35 a week and be set.

Also god bless this is dropping right before summer. I will have 2 months free to just grind.

Yeah once we get to level 34 then the level 35 version will probably be enough to do each week assming it's not as bad as HM Crota. If it's that bad I might skip it.

i hope in the future that Bungie abandons the live stream format. it's great if they participate in Q&A with people from the community, but the whole "celebrity guest plays with bungie" setup was poorly conceived at best and downright embarrassing at worst.

this entire reveal could have been easily digested in 2-3 ViDocs. live gameplay is cool and all, but we know how the game works at this point. it's the information and design philosophy that's more relevant, which is lost in ALL THE GORAM YELLING

border

i hope in the future that Bungie abandons the live stream format. it's great if they participate in Q&A with people from the community, but the whole "celebrity guest plays with bungie" setup was poorly conceived at best and downright embarrassing at worst.

I thought it was more than fine with Gothalion and TripleWreck. All they need to do is invite people who will take it (mostly) seriously and not be constantly mugging it up like Broman. Byfe and Datto would make fine guests for the next unveil.

RetroMG

this entire reveal could have been easily digested in 2-3 ViDocs. live gameplay is cool and all, but we know how the game works at this point. it's the information and design philosophy that's more relevant, which is lost in ALL THE GORAM YELLING

It's a cool concept, but they've proven that they can't really execute it. For today, for example, they needed to tone Broman down, and get people who can actually play the game in there.

Also, maybe get guests that people actually recognize. I've had no idea who any of these guys have been. But hey, Nathan Fillion LOVES Bungie. I bet he would have come. they probably wouldn't have even had to pay him.

(I did like Goth, mostly because I felt like he was asking questions that I would ask if I were there.)

If they can't fix it, yeah, they need to go back to ViDocs.

Also +3 for use of Goram.

I thought it was more than fine with Gothalion and TripleWreck. All they need to do is invite people who will take it (mostly) seriously and not be constantly mugging it up like Broman. Byfe and Datto would make fine guests for the next unveil.

i thought the goth stream was great despite the slow moments in the reef. the two streams since have dragged on and the guests were wasted. luke smith has probably said more on gaf since launch than any of the employees from those streams.

My luck in VOG hardmode these last two weeks has been insane. I just wanted to pick up a Corrective Measure to upgrade in HoW and have gotten the following

Complete set of Titan gear
2(!) Vex Mythoclasts
1 Praetorian Foil
1 Hawkmoon (my first)
3 VoCs

My group was freaking out about the Praetorian Foil of all things when it dropped. Is there anything special about this thing other than it's rarity? At first glance it doesn't look like anything special.
Honestly I would trade anything above (except for the Hawkmoon) for the Corrective Measure.

Theorry

It's a cool concept, but they've proven that they can't really execute it. For today, for example, they needed to tone Broman down, and get people who can actually play the game in there.

Also, maybe get guests that people actually recognize. I've had no idea who any of these guys have been. But hey, Nathan Fillion LOVES Bungie. I bet he would have come. they probably wouldn't have even had to pay him.

If they can't fix it, yeah, they need to go back to ViDocs.

Also +3 for use of Goram.

I agree. I still loved the format. But the community guest thing was abit meh. To much shouting. Last week with Triplewreck was way better. He was good and his team was also and that created very good gameplay. In the breaks they talked about Trials. Was way more streamlined.

CLBridges

Didn't get to catch all the live stream of PoE, but from what I saw it looks to be pretty good. Definitely looks like there will be some intense moments although I know the live stream crew played it up a little lol. That dude Broman was like a kid in a candy shop lol, it's cool he was excited though. Looking forward to HoW!

border

I'm 90% sure that Fillion was supposed to be there for today's stream but had to cancel.

Two weeks ago at the end of the Reef stream they said they would have a "special celebrity guest" for Prison of Elders. At the end of the Trials of Osiris stream though they did not mention any celebrity at all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's a show of good faith. playing live with actual community members, some of whom are very critical of the game attempts to present an honest dialogue in contrast to the narrative of exploitation that takes hold when they haven't made any overtures to the community in too long.

RetroMG

I'm 90% sure that Fillion was supposed to be there for today's stream but had to cancel.

Two weeks ago at the end of the Reef stream they said they would have a "special celebrity guest" for Prison of Elders. At the end of the Trials of Osiris stream though they did not mention any celebrity at all.

Hah, I actually thought that at the time, too.

it's a show of good faith. playing live with actual community members, some of whom are very critical of the game attempts to present an honest dialogue in contrast to the narrative of exploitation that takes hold when they haven't made any overtures to the community in too long.

Stop being so reasonable.

Oh I think it was posted in the gaf twich chat..

Here you go:

9508ad74_Untit3wrgled.png

So it says "Sidearm". I understand it goes in the Special slot. It looks like a pistol, but not really a Hand Cannon. I wonder if there are more like this? Seems like a new weapon class. Bring it on, I'd love more stuff like that.

TheGrue

Played Destiny last night for the first time in a bit. I'm level 25 and I think I've played a story mission or two from the first expansion. I saw they added matchmaking for weeklies, so did that, which was nice.

I tried the level 25 story mission last night and died on what I assume was the last part. Still no matchmaking for that, I assume? I'm rusty (not that I am a great player or anything), so I assume if I try again I will get it, but would be nice if I had others to carry me a little.

Any other matchmaking that they've added? I feel very lost in what all I can do or what to buy from vendors with what currency. That's the price of not having played, I guess.

So where are we in the sin wave.

The initial reveal was very high with the economy overhaul, but that isn't really HoW content specific.

ToO seemed to be received well with some criticism and PoE seems to be received ok with a few lingering concerns.

Nothing bad about HoW, but nothing really great either. I think it will be mostly business as usual but probably a slightly faster playerbase activity atrophy rate than TDB.

it's a good gesture but it was ultimately disorganized.

if bungie wants to repair goodwill, they can start by being coherent, concise and consistent.

Looks like we're getting five new story missions. How many did we get from TDB? Three? Four?

Also, one of the new maps is on Phobos. Didn't they tease this map in one of the pre-release videos briefly?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Stop being so reasonable.
It's not that, exactly, lol.
So where are we in the sin wave.
Back to baseline. Today is a textbook back to baseline day. Hilarious actually; the first stream was a high, the second stream was a low. I'll always take the opportunity to remind people that it will always be this way too. There won't be some point at which everything is fixed, there's nothing you want to see changed and the game can continue forever with a healthy population; even after the release of Destiny 2, even if the framework of the game's design gets an overhaul in terms of conveyance and reward schedule, even if the story is much improved in comparison (all of which I'd bank on), during its entire post-release content and support phase there will be highs and lows, and bugs, and all the shit that goes into an undertaking like this.

For me a day like this means play a lot and comment a little. Looking to do HM Oracle CP if anyone happens to have that or a Nightfall.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even want new story missions, lol. They just feel like a barrier to getting to play PoE faster. Hopefully the plot is cool at least.

shermas

My luck in VOG hardmode these last two weeks has been insane. I just wanted to pick up a Corrective Measure to upgrade in HoW and have gotten the following

Complete set of Titan gear
2(!) Vex Mythoclasts
1 Praetorian Foil
1 Hawkmoon (my first)
3 VoCs

My group was freaking out about the Praetorian Foil of all things when it dropped. Is there anything special about this thing other than it's rarity? At first glance it doesn't look like anything special.
Honestly I would trade anything above (except for the Hawkmoon) for the Corrective Measure.

I've had great luck in VoG, too... I've only run full hard mode a couple times and I got the fatebringer, vex, foil, corrective measure, praedwhatever revenge.

Still no horn, though... almost 500 hours of play time.

Top of page: Xbone = master console. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom