• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a Templar / Conflux cp right now I'd go and stand in the exact same spot they are in the trailer, but I just went and looked for a VoG video on youtube where they were almost in the same spot. He's a little further up in the VoG picture then the player is in the HoW trailer. Definitely looks like VoG to me. The stairs in the back + the column with the red glow on it are the same in both screens.

VoG:
Davb.png

HoW Trailer:
mavb.png

Might be a mission tbh. We know that theres a jumping section on Vex territory, we also know theres multiple paths in the cavern before templar.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How is the upgrading system going to work in HoW? I have an exotic chest piece and rocket launcher stuck at 33 and 300 right now. Would it be a waste of time to upgrade them with Xur this weekend?
Yeah do NOT do that. There will be no need to lose any progress. Of course if it's a completely unupgraded exotic in the right place, feel free to exchange it for the straight damage buff, but if you've invested anything in it just hang onto it.

Crota Grimoire card:
"Those who trade in Hive lore bicker over the exact positioning of Crota—is his world the apex of Hive power, or is it the youngest and most accessible of a string of netherworlds, each host to a more terrible Hive archentity?

The nature and possible interrelationship of the Vex gate system with Hive netherworlds remains unexplored."

Interesting.

noomi

Will you be trying to get it for all 3 classes? If so then you can count on me for 4 weeks (assuming it will rotate out armor) to grind for 3 characters. I'm hoping even though I'm not the best in PVP I get matched against people who have great connections but no skills.

I have 3 hunters, so just for one class :p

I use my other two hunter alts to get my main hunter gear quickly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
maybe they're going to tie the vault of glass into the new missions. petra could send us down to the templar's well on a story mission.

"The Wolves have found a way into the Vault of Glass and they're trying to capture the technology inside for their own purposes. Get inside, uncover what they've been up to and don't leave until every last Captain has met his maker."

Lnkn52

maybe they're going to tie the vault of glass into the new missions. petra could send us down to the templar's well on a story mission.

I think that's a better assumption. That part of the map is accessible even in Patrol.

"The Wolves have found a way into the Vault of Glass and they're trying to capture the technology inside for their own purposes. Get inside, uncover what they've been up to and don't leave until every last Captain has met his maker."

Look at the sleuth.

Theorry

One thing i do miss from all the footage and info. Cutscenes.
I know its probably alot of work but still. I want cutscenes when i do PoE or something.

Is that something you took from the actual Destiny lore or are we playing "Creative Writing" today?

Lnkn52

one spot for Nightfall, post PSN and I'll invite you

My favorite game!

edit: Sounds like a load-in story briefing, doesn't it?

Wait... That isn't derived from Destiny but from your Vex Mind? You got me :(

ocean

Banned
one spot for Nightfall, post PSN and I'll invite you

My favorite game!

edit: Sounds like a load-in story briefing, doesn't it?
I automatically heard this voiced over by Dinklage in my head. Will he be absent from HoW too? It was strange him being totally removed from TDB, but the ToO stream had his voice offer new commentary.

I guess this will feed people's perception that it was ready and voiced over at launch and they just time gated that content to paywall it behind DLC.

Dave_6

That video has brought my hype back up higher than it was. Very interested to see what involves taking us back into what looks like the VoG!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I really hope some folks are around in a few hours or so for a normal vault of glass run but I have a sneaking suspicion I should've asked around the time of the reset!!

Really looking forward to the Prison of Elders.

raindoc

Time-travelling Fallen confirmed!
SCNR

mfn_pie

So my oldest boy who is almost 9 has been playing solo for the most part. His armor is all blue and maxed out at lvl 25. He's home sick from school today. Anyone want to help me Sherpa him through VOG? Total fun run.

God damn I can't wait for these to come out on xbox. So damn sexy, even when you scale it right down

Gjally looks hot too. So iconic. Gjallarhorn should have been an epic exotic bounty instead of the rng bane of so many existences.

there is no bounty that would equal its value. only the worthy are blessed

I really hope some folks are around in a few hours or so for a normal vault of glass run but I have a sneaking suspicion I should've asked around the time of the reset!!

Really looking forward to the Prison of Elders.

I'd be down for that. I am hoping to be home in a couple hours so that should work. I have checkpoints at the NM Gorgon chest and the Gatekeeper if such a need were to arise.

bungie should have made the original game about the fallen and thr vex. then introduce the hive with the dark below and the cabal with this expansion instead of fallen.

they spread the story too thin and everything was undercooked as a result. focusing the first story arc on two races would have allowed them to flesh their history and lore out. and it would give them time to make new enemies.

by the time dark below rolled around, the hive would be truly new and unfamiliar. we would have had a brand new enemy faction to look forward to.

GutZ31

Got on, do the daily. Go for some bounties.
Patrol Cosmodrome, get purple engram.
Back to tower after doing a few public events.
Turn in some blue engram's, save the purple for last.
4th Horseman.
Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

This this makes me giggle while firing it.
That's my last exotic I needed.

EL CUCO

bungie should have made the original game about the fallen and thr vex. then introduce the hive with the dark below and the cabal with this expansion instead of fallen.

they spread the story too thin and everything was undercooked as a result. focusing the first story arc on two races would have allowed them to flesh their history and lore out. and it would give them time to make new enemies.

by the time dark below rolled around, the hive would be truly new and unfamiliar. we would have had a brand new enemy faction to look forward to.
Every time I read such good ideas like this, I smack myself in the head asking "why couldn't they do this?" I wonder if Bungie does the same.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you FRENDEN! :D Never had a Conduit before. but i'm really doing it for the XP anyway. Nice clean kill.

Grats guts!

I disagree simply because I prefer having a wide variety of disparate enemies to fight, and that's way more important to me than anything related to the story or plot.

I don't come here for the narrative, friends!

Deku Tree

I don't care about the story either.

I remember very little about the story in Halo, but I remember a lot about the fun encounters and how they went.

EDIT: ANOTHER TRUE TOP OF PAGE!

Vex VoG locations in the Story missions!
vg0ga3U.png

LORD OF WRECKAGE!
6rOYxg2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom