• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exYle

1v2ZMKE.png

hehe

Not just that, look at this:

EiSfPEI.png

There at LEAST two new exotics that were not datamined that we have never heard of. Exotic Fallen pistol, and an Exotic Fallen sniper rifle. The third Exotic is the Lord of Wolves.

Also, with the Vestian Dynasty secondary pistol and this new Exotic Dreg's promise, we now have a fourth class of secondary weapon: Sidearm.

hydruxo

Looks like there's a new exotic fallen themed sniper too, you can see it in his inventory next to what I assume is the Lord of Wolves and this Sidearm
javb.png

Deku Tree

^ yeah that was what I was talking about below.

I was about to post that screenshot lol. Nice to know there's a new exotic that I didn't know about in HoW :D

Video shows three HoW seconday exotics for a split second. Only zooms into the details of one of them. If the other is lord of wolves. Then there is at least one more secondary exotic that we haven't seen yet.

the main problem with sidearms is they're next to pointless in the crucible. unless there are some good legendary primaries i don't know about.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the main problem with sidearms is they're next to pointless in the crucible. unless there are some good legendary primaries i don't know about.
didn't you spend like a week ranting about how unplayable it was after the AR nerf because of vision of confluence?

Namikaze1

Need to find two others fast who are willing to power through the "story" 3 times on the 19th. Not touching PoE till I unlock it across all 3.

noomi

so uh... what are sidearms exactly? they go into the special weapon slot?

Obviously I will need all the new exotics ASAP

Theres alot of good looking gear shown off in the trailer. I think I saw a black and red titan helmet in there too? Some sweet looking ships too. And gib lord of wolves pl0x

raindoc

The Vex, and Vex alone, have the ability to interact with and control time to an extent. We have nothing of the sort.

BTW, I think I did mention in the Newbie raid that those portals take you to the past and future of the same room you're in, but I was too sloshed to give it a little bit of lore flavor; namely, that Atheon would prefer not to just kill you by shooting at you (we know guardians in-universe can come back from the dead somehow), but instead teleporting all of you (3 at a time) into either the past or future, effectively removing you from his present and never having to worry about you again. So when you see "you are forever lost in the dark corners of time" (as in, the first team teleported doesn't successfully make it out, and then the other 3 are ported), that's a "flawless victory" for Mr. Time's Conflux

Bold part: That's not for certain. One of the grimoire cards hints at a connection between the Hive worlds and the Vex portals. If that's the case it implies that the Hive might have time-manipulating abilities too.

And I didn't mean that our resurrected Guardians are knowingly traveling through time. Absolutely not, the game makes that quite clear. But I'm almost certain that there's a plot-twist waiting - and I'm willing to bet 2 Fatebringers that it involves the Traveler, who is IMHO definitely a potential candidate for time-manipulation (and Guardian-manipulation).

Okay. does anyone want to team up to run HM Oracles 3x? We could run all the way through, but I really want that stupid Praetorian Foil. Either that or NM Crota. I still need Light of the Abyss.

Are those Chrome extensions safe to use? They look extremely useful for loadout swapping if you wanna do the same thing across multiple characters (like all-void loadout on my Titan for Weekly then swap that out to my Hunter to run weekly again).

I am just terribly kermit-phobic :( I haven't looked them up though, how do they work?

They're safe. I've been using DIM for about a month now. Sometimes it hits a snag and doesn't transfer your item but I've never lost anything. I just reload the browser and try again and it works. Being able to setup load outs so fast is a game changer, especially if you have 3 characters.

didn't you spend like a week ranting about how unplayable it was after the AR nerf because of vision of confluence?

Hotfix - 10/14/2014

General
Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping

Auto Rifles
Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Hand Cannons
In-air accuracy now increased

Scout Rifles
Base damage increased by 6%
Damage vs. alien combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.

Shotguns
Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive

Exotic Weapons

Vex Mythoclast
Base Damage decreased by 34%
Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)

Pocket Infinity
Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk

i was using the Mythoclast when this patch hit. after it and the Suros I used before were effectively made useless, i started using the Fatebringer. i was getting destroyed by VoC across the map with my dinky hand cannon and it pissed me off because i had nothing else to use.

i think i tried out Thorn for a bit (it wasn't buffed then) and then I took a break until Xur sold The Last Word on November 14th.

The rest is history.

ethomaz

Banned
i was using the Mythoclast when this patch hit. after it and the Suros I used before were effectively made useless, i started using the Fatebringer. i was getting destroyed by VoC across the map with my dinky hand cannon and it pissed me off because i had nothing else to use.

i think i tried out Thorn for a bit (it wasn't buffed then) and then I took a break until Xur sold The Last Word on November 14th.

The rest is history.
Fatebringer on PVP? You have guts :D

Deku Tree

I mean it wouldn't make sense for there to be Fallen in VoG but maybe I'm wrong

EDIT:
mavb.png

Honestly the more I look at it, it does look exactly like Templars Well. Very weird.

That's the shadow their strike. Looks like architecture of Templars well. But it doesn't resemble any specific area of the Templar well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom