• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it wouldn't make sense for there to be Fallen in VoG but maybe I'm wrong

EDIT:
mavb.png

Honestly the more I look at it, it does look exactly like Templars Well. Very weird.

that looks like templar's well on the left side conflux.

Theorry

That's the shadow their strike. Looks like architecture of Templars well. But it doesn't resemble any specific area of the Templar well.

It does really. The Titan stands arround the middle Oracle in the Oracle fase. Right is the stairs with the cleanse and were the Templar is

hydruxo

That's the shadow their strike. Looks like architecture of Templars well. But it doesn't resemble any specific area of the Templar well.

Definitely not the Shadow Thief strike. That's Vex architecture. There's nowhere in that strike that looks like that.

Like Zoba said, it looks like the side where the left conflux is.

I mean it wouldn't make sense for there to be Fallen in VoG but maybe I'm wrong

EDIT:
mavb.png

Honestly the more I look at it, it does look exactly like Templars Well. Very weird.

True Horde Mode? Everything spawning in the Templar's well. That is definitely a Captain in the VoG.

Edit: yes, left side conflux. The other player is coming up the middle steps from the debuff area.

was i the only one bothered that they didn't mention Timekeeper anywhere in today's video? granted, Lars talked about it in the video from earlier this week.

Deku Tree

It does really. The Titan stands arround the middle Oracle in the Oracle fase. Right is the stairs with the cleanse and were the Templar is

I think it It looks slightly different. You can watch the full "shadow theif strike" for example on Dattos YouTube page. That area should be in the video somewhere and anyone can check.

ocean

Banned
My internet company promised installation between this Monday and the 25th.

I can't fathom the idea of having HoW launch before I get internet access :| nobody's gonna wanna PoE with me on tethered mobile internet but some patient saint here better for the sake of my sanity :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bold part: That's not for certain. One of the grimoire cards hints at a connection between the Hive worlds and the Vex portals. If that's the case it implies that the Hive might have time-manipulating abilities too
Can you paste/link the text you're referring to?
And I didn't mean that our resurrected Guardians are knowingly traveling through time. Absolutely not, the game makes that quite clear. But I'm almost certain that there's a plot-twist waiting - and I'm willing to bet 2 Fatebringers that it involves the Traveler, who is IMHO definitely a potential candidate for time-manipulation (and Guardian-manipulation).
Way too optimistic for me. If anything like this occurs at this point I will pretty much have to interpret it as a retcon.

raindoc

My internet company promised installation between this Monday and the 25th.

I can't fathom the idea of having HoW launch before I get internet access :| nobody's gonna wanna PoE with me on tethered mobile internet but some patient saint here better for the sake of my sanity :p

I'll loose my internet access at the end of this month and have no idea when I'll be back online (for gaming).

Could be months. :( :( :(

was i the only one bothered that they didn't mention Timekeeper anywhere in today's video? granted, Lars talked about it in the video from earlier this week.
No, last time they didn't put the Undying Mind or 4th Horseman into any platform agnostic press materials either. They specifically said one new strike and two new exotics.

EL CUCO

The new Sidearm weapon class being in the special slot is kinda baffling. The point of a special weapon slot is for special instances where said weapon class should be more effective. Sidearm seems to function as a pistol/HC. Why would anyone choose a pistol "special" over a Sniper, Shotgun, or Fusion when they can have the same function or better with their primary?

How is the upgrading system going to work in HoW? I have an exotic chest piece and rocket launcher stuck at 33 and 300 right now. Would it be a waste of time to upgrade them with Xur this weekend?

hoggert

Wasn't there a grimoire card mentioning possibilities/speculation of time travel and the Exo? It was written in the form of a research log. I forget if it was an Exo or FWC card. I wish i had more cards unlocked so I could just check my Destiny companion since my work's wifi sucks.

The new Sidearm weapon class being in the special slot is kinda baffling. The point of a special weapon slot is for special instances where said weapon class should be more effective. Sidearm seems to function as a pistol/HC. Why would anyone choose a pistol "special" over a Sniper, Shotgun, or Fusion when they can have the same function or better with their primary?

it's puzzling. it isn't going to have much use in PvE over a shotgun or sniper, so it looks more PvP oriented. it's seems like it's there for when you're caught reloading or out of primary ammo, but i can't simulate an encounter in my head where i'd absolutely have to whip out a low impact special weapon. if my primary is compromised in PvP, i'm already dead. swapping to another weapon that will probably require some sustained fire to get a kill with it isn't likely to help.

we'll just have to wait and see it in action. a new weapon class is always welcome, but i'm not seeing the benefits of equipping a sidearm over anything else.

raindoc

Can you paste/link the text you're referring to?

Way too optimistic for me. If anything like this occurs at this point I will pretty much have to interpret it as a retcon.

1) I can't promise that. I'm 100% sure I read it, but going through all the grimoire cards again to find it? ugh...
I'll see if google can help me.

2) Well, yeah. That's me. Hope dies last and the one thing I'm missing most in Destiny is the fascination for the game's universe and lore like I felt it when playing Halo or ME.

EDIT: Found it, but I can't post it because my Grimoire is in german. Crota's card, very last sentence.

hydruxo

If I had a Templar / Conflux cp right now I'd go and stand in the exact same spot they are in the trailer, but I just went and looked for a VoG video on youtube where they were almost in the same spot. He's a little further up in the VoG picture then the player is in the HoW trailer. Definitely looks like VoG to me. The stairs in the back + the column with the red glow on it are the same in both screens.

VoG:
Davb.png

HoW Trailer:
mavb.png

I know dude, same here. Really enjoyed that video, not much of a pvp player, but I must have the trials set/weapons.

Will you be trying to get it for all 3 classes? If so then you can count on me for 4 weeks (assuming it will rotate out armor) to grind for 3 characters. I'm hoping even though I'm not the best in PVP I get matched against people who have great connections but no skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom