• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Gonna change the name of the clan while Hawkian isn't looking.

Trying to figure what to change it to though. Hawkmoon Disassemble? Dismantled Hawkmoons? Black Hawk Down? Marvel's The Hawkmoons? Age of Hawkmoon? The Drunken Hawkmoons?

School of Hawk?

I got nothing!

border

Also can't wait to get ToO armor because it'll probably be the rarest in game.

I'll bet that the rarest armor in the game is actually going to be Vanilla Crucible/Vanguard gear that's no longer sold. Almost everyone has probably long since dismantled it. Armor from the Queen's Wrath may end up being even more rare.

I'm of the opinion that people will find a way to cheese Trials of Osiris, so the gear from there might not be that uncommon.

Deku Tree

I'll bet that the rarest armor in the game is actually going to be Vanilla Crucible/Vanguard gear that's no longer sold. Almost everyone has probably long since dismantled it. Armor from the Queen's Wrath may end up being even more rare.

I'm of the opinion that people will find a way to cheese Trials of Osiris, so the gear from there might not be that uncommon.

How do you cheese PvP? The other teams players can cheese you back.

Toa TAK

Banned
Get to level 31 and we'll take that glowing bastard down a notch.

Here's our group pic. Good runs, everyone. Glad to help some people experience the greatness that is Destiny's raids.

V3E7Xuu.jpg

Sounds like a deal.

Man I look awesome.

And everyone else, too, I guess. :p

Nori Chan

how do you cheese pop? Not only that but you can't even boost since you'll always find a new fire team after every match

Lnkn52

Gonna change the name of the clan while Hawkian isn't looking.

Trying to figure what to change it to though. Hawkmoon Disassemble? Dismantled Hawkmoons? Black Hawk Down? Marvel's The Hawkmoons? Age of Hawkmoon? The Drunken Hawkmoons?

School of Hawk?

I got nothing!
Hawk Hogan

border

How do you cheese PvP? The other teams players can cheese you back.

how do you cheese pop? Not only that but you can't even boost since you'll always find a new fire team after every match

The most obvious way would be loss trading with other teams at peculiar hours of the day when nobody else is playing (and you can reasonably expect to get matched up against your friends). Log on at 3:30 AM Sunday morning and queue up at the same time as your friend's fireteam and then intentionally lose 9 matches against them. Then your friend's team does the same for you.

Less obvious cheesing would just be finding some corny strategy that is just really difficult to beat unless the other team knows it is coming. Turtling up in a highly defensible position and not moving. Make them come to you and if they don't you just rush the capture point when sudden death hits and hope for the best.

Namikaze1

^^^^
MOAR! I need moar!

On an unrelated note, my god the range on Felwinter's Lie! First time using it since buying it back in February or March (which ever month it was being sold. I forgot okay!) and I'm already in love with it.

The power. So much POWAH!
tumblr_mv7eif3LY81rwva3mo1_400.gif

^^^^
MOAR! I need moar!

On an unrelated note, my god the range on Felwinter's Lie! First time using it since buying it back in February or March (which ever month it was being sold. I forgot okay!) and I'm already in love with it.

The power. So much POWAH!
tumblr_mv7eif3LY81rwva3mo1_400.gif

I feel dirty using mine, but it's kill or be killed out there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Less obvious cheesing would just be finding some corny strategy that is just really difficult to beat unless the other team knows it is coming. Turtling up in a highly defensible position and not moving. Make them come to you and if they don't you just rush the capture point when sudden death hits and hope for the best.
That just sounds like solid strategy to me.... :-/

Deku Tree

The most obvious way would be loss trading with other teams at peculiar hours of the day when nobody else is playing (and you can reasonably expect to get matched up against your friends). Log on at 3:30 AM Sunday morning and queue up at the same time as your friend's fireteam and then intentionally lose 9 matches against them. Then your friend's team does the same for you.

Less obvious cheesing would just be finding some corny strategy this is just really difficult to beat unless the other team knows it is coming. Turtling up in a highly defensible position and not moving. Make them come to you and if they don't you just rush the capture point when sudden death hits and hope for the best.

First strategy I imagine is pretty hard to make work because (1) each match has a new MM and (2) there are always a lot of people playing Destiny around the world at any time of day or night.

Second strategy just means I think that you are leaving yourself set up to be supered and instakilled.

border

Well I was thinking of something that's a little more of a grey area.....like finding a bunch of tight nooks-and-crannies where most players won't notice a team of cloaked hunters against some blurry textures. Then alternating between crouch-cloaking and Patience&Time cloaking.

Or glitching your way outside the map or something like that.

Seriously, I've never seen better drops all in one day, especially for first timers.

Toa got Black Hammer and I think a piece of gear
Insomniac a Black Hammer and some gear
And RLench got Fatebringer, 3/4 Crota Raid gear, Praedyth's Timepiece, 2/4 VoG gear, and Light of the Abyss.

Couldn't have asked for better honestly.
Maybe a Gjallarhorn or Mythoclast ;)

I (KidIsomnia! Hiiiii!!!) ALSO got Fatebringer!!

XBOGAF 4 LYFE.

Seriously that took me back to the GRAW days of yesteryear. SO much fun and now I have SO much shit to level up!!!!

border

First strategy I imagine is pretty hard to make work because (1) each match has a new MM and (2) there are always a lot of people playing Destiny around the world at any time of day or night.

Second strategy just means I think that you are leaving yourself set up to be supered and instakilled.

People used to do win-trading in ranked World of Warcraft battlegrounds, and WoW has an even bigger population than Destiny. If two full Fireteams queue up at exactly the same moment when the server population is tiny there's probably a good chance they'll get matched together.....but that's just my theory.

You may get supered if you try to turtle, but supers are only supposed to come up once or twice in a 5 round match, according to the livestream. And most classes won't be running with room-clearing supers. Most warlocks will be Fireborn and probably half of Titans will be bubble-dudes. More to the point though, I think a lot of people will cheese their way to at least a couple pieces of Osiris gear in the first two weeks, primarily because there will be a lot of scrubs playing and people will not have figured out the hard counters to cheese strategies.

daedalius

Seriously, I've never seen better drops all in one day, especially for first timers.

Toa got Black Hammer and I think a piece of gear
Insomniac a Black Hammer and some gear
And RLench got Fatebringer, 3/4 Crota Raid gear, Praedyth's Timepiece, 2/4 VoG gear, and Light of the Abyss.

Couldn't have asked for better honestly.
Maybe a Gjallarhorn or Mythoclast ;)

Shoulda gone, but had to work :p

Maybe this weekend.

At least we knocked out that nightfall real quick on my lunch :)

Here's our group pic. Good runs, everyone. Glad to help some people experience the greatness that is Destiny's raids.

V3E7Xuu.jpg

AWESOME!! Thanks for commemorating what will undoubtedly be the first of many feats by TEAM BONE ZONE.

123rl

http://i.imgur.com/V3E7Xuu.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

[img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8770/16812446474_f84b979090_b.jpg

Thanks to everyone in the screenshot. What a great group who took us both raids, neither of which I've completed before tonight.

I got an amazing haul of loot:

Titan Raid helmet, gauntlets, and boots
VoG helmet and gauntlets
Fatebringer (!!!)
Praedyth's Timepiece
Light Of The Abss

All of that in one night. I feel like I won the lottery.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

sorta

but with supers and heavy that needs attending to (that's almost always in pleasebladedanceandmakeamontageofmybros spots) its not really all that practical

just sit back and defend doesn't work in destiny because everything is kill based scoring. salvage has a jumping objective too. sitting in one spot is dope until you lose your spawn and you're reeling for the rest of the match

DESTINY'S NEW EXOTICS WILL DROP IN OLD RAIDS

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/08/destinys-new-exotics-will-drop-in-old-missions

http://planetdestiny.com/house-of-wolves-preview/

When asked whether the Vault of Glass, or Crota’s End Raid would drop House of Wolves level exotics the answer was a resounding yes. Yes, and they would drop at all the regular locations like the Gorgon’s chest, Atheon, Crota, Ir Yut, and in Nightfalls.

Hmm that's great, just the reason I was asking about earlier. Glad they did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom