• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

Shoulda gone, but had to work :p

Maybe this weekend.

At least we knocked out that nightfall real quick on my lunch :)

I could try to get something going along with help from my the100.io group.

Sorry about last night's Nightfall... I was having hella irl distractions and the second time we ran I habitually fell into my ROC Strike strats where I died.

You got enough coins this week? :p

DESTINY'S NEW EXOTICS WILL DROP IN OLD RAIDS

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/05/08/destinys-new-exotics-will-drop-in-old-missions

http://planetdestiny.com/house-of-wolves-preview/

When asked whether the Vault of Glass, or Crota’s End Raid would drop House of Wolves level exotics the answer was a resounding yes. Yes, and they would drop at all the regular locations like the Gorgon’s chest, Atheon, Crota, Ir Yut, and in Nightfalls.

Only on level 35 tho...right?

j/k...I hope

^^^^
MOAR! I need moar!

On an unrelated note, my god the range on Felwinter's Lie! First time using it since buying it back in February or March (which ever month it was being sold. I forgot okay!) and I'm already in love with it.

The power. So much POWAH!
tumblr_mv7eif3LY81rwva3mo1_400.gif

I have a buddy who despises it. He keeps calling it the "shotsniper." During Iron Banner, whenever he would be killed by one, the salt would pour.

I feel cheap with every 5 meter kill (for a second).

border

So if Ascendant/Radiant Shards are going to be worthless and irrelevant now, what are we going to get out of raid chests when there isn't an exotic?

I know everyone will groan at the possbility of a new currency, but I'd love it if we could have some kind of new drop that can be traded for Etheric Light. Like say, collect 50 Luminescent Shards and there's a vendor that will give you an Etheric Light.

rNilla

Ign actually asked Bungie if the Old raids were being updated with a level increase or anything like that... And they say they'll tell us Bungies answer next week. It's in the article I quoted.

If the answer is "No" then that's a terrible way to reveal it.

Lnkn52

So if Ascendant/Radiant Shards are going to be worthless and irrelevant now, what are we going to get out of raid chests when there isn't an exotic?

I know everyone will groan at the possbility of a new currency, but I'd love it if we could have some kind of new drop that can be traded for Etheric Light. Like say, collect 50 Luminescent Shards and there's a vendor that will give you an Etheric Light.
You're always going to need glimmer, so you can exchange your Ass shards for that.

Ign actually asked Bungie if the Old raids were being updated with a level increase or anything like that... And they say they'll tell us Bungies answer next week. It's in the article I quoted.

I just re-read that, and they just say HoW level exotics (365 attack ect), not the actual "new" exotics.

Nori Chan

The most obvious way would be loss trading with other teams at peculiar hours of the day when nobody else is playing (and you can reasonably expect to get matched up against your friends). Log on at 3:30 AM Sunday morning and queue up at the same time as your friend's fireteam and then intentionally lose 9 matches against them. Then your friend's team does the same for you.

You really think you're going to find your friends 20 times in a row? This is a pretty big stretch

border

You're always going to need glimmer, so you can exchange your Ass shards for that.

That just seems like such a shitty, lazy solution to hand out shards as a reward when they don't have any real use other than to be traded in for glimmer. Either remove them from loot tables entirely or start using a new currency that has come kind of value in character progression.

KyleP29

That just seems like such a shitty, lazy solution to hand out shards as a reward when they don't have any real use other than to be traded in for glimmer. Either remove them from loot tables entirely or start using a new currency that has come kind of value in character progression.

That could have always done what they did last dlc and just leave them to pile up in your vault....

Deku Tree

If the answer is "No" then that's a terrible way to reveal it.

Agree the answer should be yes. If the answer was no then it would have been better to put it in this article rather than tease an article for next week that just says "no".

Hopefully the answer is yes. It would be cool if (1) they increased VoG drop rates, and (2) updated raids dropped updated higher attack weapons and armor with no damage bubbles but possibly an ascend bubble.

But I wouldn't be interested in underleveled old raids. No thanks. No level 35 VoG or CE. It'll be forever 29 all over again.

We could always get Fig to carry our sorry asses.

I'm not as good as I've apparently led you to believe.
Yeah--the new DIM 3.0 UI looks very clean, and if you just want to quickly move a couple of weapons on a computer, it works just fine. I just find TG more flexible and convenient since my tablet or phone is always with me in the living room where I'm playing Destiny.

DIM 3.0:
uc

TG 2.4 with DetinyDB Tooltip:
uc

TG 2.4 on Android Smart Phone:
uc

This is revolutionary. Why can't Bungie make something like this?

Deku Tree

I just re-read that, and they just say HoW level exotics (365 attack ect), not the actual "new" exotics.

Agree. I noticed that too. But also IGN clearly is claiming that the correct interpretation of Bungies statement that the new HoW exotics will drop in the old raids. So you decide for yourself if IGN is full of it or not.

The most obvious way would be loss trading with other teams at peculiar hours of the day when nobody else is playing (and you can reasonably expect to get matched up against your friends). Log on at 3:30 AM Sunday morning and queue up at the same time as your friend's fireteam and then intentionally lose 9 matches against them. Then your friend's team does the same for you.

Less obvious cheesing would just be finding some corny strategy that is just really difficult to beat unless the other team knows it is coming. Turtling up in a highly defensible position and not moving. Make them come to you and if they don't you just rush the capture point when sudden death hits and hope for the best.

Bubble Train.... >:[ grumblegrumble.

border

You really think you're going to find your friends 20 times in a row? This is a pretty big stretch

Like I said, win-trading has been done in other games with match-making. Blizzard has dealt with it in both World of Warcraft and Hearthstone.

The number of other teams entering match-making at the exact moment as your 2 teams is probably really low during off hours. Can you play your friends 9 times in a row? Maybe, maybe not....but just having them throw 5 or 6 matches in your favor is going to be a huge boost (especially if you are using those items where your first win counts double or you are forgiven one loss or whatever). If you are matched against a different fireteam, it's not as if you can't beat them anyway.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
OK. I'm ready to go :) I'm warning you now, I suck at the jumping puzzle and the gorgons and you're prob all way more familiar with this than me (I last ran this about 6 months ago!)

Me. PSN rNilla.

I'll go, PSN Pedrolumpy

Hey I was gonna bring a second if that's cool

Sorry I was late, Sploat, Nami and Narmer. I'm on now. Who should I FR?

Me
Namikaze
Rodiard
Narmer212
Sleepy Buddha
PedroLumpy

Narmer, I'm not sure there's room for another :/ - is everybody still in?

Feel free to FR me - sploatee.

Yeah--the new DIM 3.0 UI looks very clean, and if you just want to quickly move a couple of weapons on a computer, it works just fine. I just find TG more flexible and convenient since my tablet or phone is always with me in the living room where I'm playing Destiny.

DIM 3.0:
uc

TG 2.4 with DetinyDB Tooltip:
uc

TG 2.4 on Android Smart Phone:
uc

Is tower ghost called Loadouts for Destiny in the App Store or am I missing something again?

Namikaze1

OK. I'm ready to go :) I'm warning you now, I suck at the jumping puzzle and the gorgons and you're prob all way more familiar with this than me (I last ran this about 6 months ago!)

Me
Namikaze
Rodiard
Narmer212
Sleepy Buddha
PedroLumpy

I'll join you in 2 minutes.

Gonna change the name of the clan while Hawkian isn't looking.

Trying to figure what to change it to though. Hawkmoon Disassemble? Dismantled Hawkmoons? Black Hawk Down? Marvel's The Hawkmoons? Age of Hawkmoon? The Drunken Hawkmoons?

School of Hawk?

I got nothing!

Maxwell's black hammer

if you get the refrence

Me
Namikaze
Rodiard
Narmer212
Sleepy Buddha
PedroLumpy

I'm out if I can't bring my buddy. My apologies. If someone else doesn't show up though, let me know and the two of us will drop in.

Me
Namikaze
Rodiard
Narmer212
Sleepy Buddha
PedroLumpy

Yup still here

FyreWulff

I'm not as good as I've apparently led you to believe.

This is revolutionary. Why can't Bungie make something like this?

They made the backend that lets people make stuff like this.

When they were in charge of Reach, they made a completely open API where anyone could make an app for Reach. Microsoft shut it down to the public after they took over Reach :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom