• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll run NF with you, still need it on 2 characters. PSN name is same as GAF...
Alright well if you're on when I get home from work then I'll send you an invite, otherwise it'll be sometime tomorrow. I'll probably be on most of the day.

Does anyone need help with anything? I am about to run the nightfall on my Hunter, just got her to 30. I am available to help out with raids, nightfalls, practically anything but Crucible. Let me know.
The other guy I quoted needs nightfall

Guys I've been out of the loop for two months. What have I missed and what should I be doing pre HOW?

-Stack marks to 200
-Don't upgrade/reset any exotics
-Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's about it, I'm pretty sure. Oh yeah, get thunderlord off xur if you haven't already. 17 coins, so if you have 2 max level characters you can get the coins for it quickly.

jett

D-Member
So what's el dealio with Hunger of Crota only dealing like 3000~ damage? I thought these rocket launchers were supposed to be crazy powerful. Meh.

border

Guys I've been out of the loop for two months. What have I missed and what should I be doing pre HOW?

Datto pretty much covers it all in this video.

Get your reputation with Vanguard/Crucible/NewMonarchy/FutureWarCult/DeadOrbit up to the point where you can turn in a single quest and gain a level. That way you can do quests on Day 1 and get packages potentially containing new gear.

Do at least 1 public event per day, but leave the rewards in your mailbox. Don't open them until HoW has launched. Each one is worth 2500 XP and you can use them to level whatever new gear you got from the various factions.

If you want to level up old weapons that is fine, but since the Damage/Defense nodes will likely be replaced by the "Ascend" node, it is probably not worth pouring XP into the final three Damage/Defense nodes.

Save any packages you get from the Cryptarch and don't pull them out of the mailbox them until HoW launches.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Crota noob needs a group for for normal mode. 31 titan. No experience but I have a mic and take great directions. I smell of roses. PSN Bicep_Curls

border

Edit: NM. :\

I edited my post to be a little clearer. Keep Cryptarch packages in the mailbox -- do not open them, do not save engrams in the bank. Datto claims that this will ensure that you get HoW-level engrams when you finally pull the Cryptarch packages from the mail, but this is based mostly on conjecture ("My clan mates told me..."). Considering how often packages turn into blues or Motes/Coins combined with the likelihood that even Legendary Engrams will yield Lvl32 items that still need to be Ascended, I'm not sure if it's really worth the hassle of screwing around with the Cryptarch packages anyway.

I would not make getting Cryptarch packages a priority in the next couple weeks. Just save whatever you naturally get and hope for the best.

GhaleonEB

I edited my post to be a little clearer. Keep Cryptarch packages in the mailbox -- do not open them, do not save engrams in the bank. Datto claims that this will ensure that you get HoW-level engrams when you finally pull the Cryptarch packages from the mail, but this is based mostly on conjecture ("My clan mates told me...").

Right. A friend sent me that after I tweeted I was hoarding them. We took it to mean they would only hold pre-HoW gear. Re-reading it after I posted, I think we misinterpreted it. You get the engrams when you collect the packages, so they will have HoW stuff in them. I am an idot. I had like, five of them. :(

-Stack marks to 200
-Don't upgrade/reset any exotics
-Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's about it, I'm pretty sure. Oh yeah, get thunderlord off xur if you haven't already. 17 coins, so if you have 2 max level characters you can get the coins for it quickly.

I've got everything except the truth because I accidentally deleted it

jett

D-Member
Finally got the chance for an exotic bounty. Bad Juju or Thorn? Thorn is broken and is assuredly going to be nerfed. Is Bad Juju worth the hassle?

edit: Went for Bad Juju since I got Obsidian Mind and seems a good fit. Fucking hell I got the Destiny bug real bad again.

Well it's not the Ghallajorn but still gets the job done

I guess so! Better than what I had before, which was nothing. :p

FiraB

Banned
Great run guys, took awhile to take down but we got it in the end.

But fck RNG, got the shader of all things after all that /cry

You can either be a doll or a hunter. Make up your mind.

That was totally breezy's fault. Just having him in the fireteam makes crota enrage :p
haha keep shifting the blame! I remember the awful lag that seems to occur when you're on the fireteam :p But cant I be a doll hunter? :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally got the chance for an exotic bounty. Bad Juju or Thorn? Thorn is broken and is assuredly going to be nerfed. Is Bad Juju worth the hassle?

I guess.

PVP is thorn country so join in on the fun.

I feel so much better having more vault space. All the items in HOW will make it so the hardcore people will need five times the size of the current vault.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

I feel so much better having more vault space. All the items in HOW will make it so the hardcore people will need five times the size of the current vault.
My vault is already full with dupe exotics. Need to go on a dismantle spree soon.

SnakeEyes

Banned

edit: Went for Bad Juju since I got Obsidian Mind and seems a good fit. Fucking hell I got the Destiny bug real bad again.
Both are good, and Thorn isn't going to have anything done to it since it's already had its poison damage and time nerfed already. Bad Juju is my weapon of choice for Crucible - the gun fires crazy-fast, got a massive buff a patch or two back, and even at range the muzzle rise on the shots is small but so handy that you can aim for the chest and kill them with a headshot :D

deafmedal

We ran a HM VoG legit with someone who hadn't run VoG yet... a handful of wipes in the Templer's Well, and no wipes @Gatekeeper/Atheon. Smooth run. Then we Team First Try'd NM CE. We then no wiped HM CE to Crota...

We then proceeded to spend more time defeating Crota than all the previous content combined. Lots of glitches, some timing issues and some mistakes but in the end that fucker got what was coming to him.

Thanks Rawr, if it had been earlier I think Haybro coulda gotten it but we were whooped lol! Got Fang so I'm done with HM Crota until I'm at level. That was my third hard Crota defeat (outta 5 runs) and the only things left to get are the Crux and the pulse rifle, neither of which I care about. We kept it light hearted and joked a lot and that helped but it just isn't fun. The extra exotic roll isn't worth it to me.

Had a great group tonight, seriously :) Good job guys!

jett

D-Member

Both are good, and Thorn isn't going to have anything done to it since it's already had its poison damage and time nerfed already. Bad Juju is my weapon of choice for Crucible - the gun fires crazy-fast, got a massive buff a patch or two back, and even at range the muzzle rise on the shots is small but so handy that you can aim for the chest and kill them with a headshot :D

I went with the Ju, I got plenty of got like three good hand cannons already and I don't have a single pulse rifle. :p And I still think it's gonna be nerfed for PVP, it's really OP. That's my take on it.

I have no choice. And even after two videos I still have a lot to shard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBjunvmYqA

I hope we can also change our appearance in HOW. I'm not about how my characters turned out. Looks nice in the creation screen but when you get into the game world ugh.

Anybody up for VOG or hard Crota?

Jeeez. Wish I had that kinda loot. I really need to raid every week...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't even get mad when I get killed by a Thorn. At least that thing is hard to get. Or a Felwinter with Range Finder, Shot Package, and From Across The Room because you have to dredge through IB and roll a bunch of times.

Fucking Hawkmoon though. I swear I took a dozen 1hks from that thing today. "The odds aren't that high" they said. "The range has been nerfed" they said. I'm out here getting rawked. And the person that gets it is always that guy with a .2 k/d or the dude who shows up with 30 seconds left in a Clash game.

Zoidberg

We ran a HM VoG legit with someone who hadn't run VoG yet... a handful of wipes in the Templer's Well, and no wipes @Gatekeeper/Atheon. Smooth run. Then we Team First Try'd NM CE. We then no wiped HM CE to Crota...

We then proceeded to spend more time defeating Crota than all the previous content combined. Lots of glitches, some timing issues and some mistakes but in the end that fucker got what was coming to him.

Thanks Rawr, if it had been earlier I think Haybro coulda gotten it but we were whooped lol! Got Fang so I'm done with HM Crota until I'm at level. That was my third hard Crota defeat (outta 5 runs) and the only things left to get are the Crux and the pulse rifle, neither of which I care about. We kept it light hearted and joked a lot and that helped but it just isn't fun. The extra exotic roll isn't worth it to me.

Good to hear you guys got it done, sorry I had to bail out, had to go pick up my wife. Congrats on the fang, it's nice being done with HM crota! I was only after the extra exotic chance, but it is the first time in a month I've bothered with it, and all the bugs are a good reminder that it isn't worth it. Even the swordbearer knew, which is why I'm assuming he was hiding in that room for so long....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This week was definitely the worst I've seen of Crota. We usually kill him in no more than 20 minutes but runs have taken hours this week and it stuff out of our control.

BokehKing

Banned
At times, I wish they had... Gladiator weapons for trials of Osiris, and when I say this I mean...

Default weapons, very even playing field, AL guns do the same damage and it only comes down to skill alone.

But then again I guess they would need more PvE stuff available for us to use our Osiris rewards in.

I just don't like how 'ok this is too strong for pvp, so we are going to nerf it across the board'

Like I wish assault rifles where not nerfed in pve as well. I have a lot of good ones, at this point I probably have no reason to level the monte cargo... (2 am post, hope it was coherent)

FiraB

Banned
We kept it light hearted and joked a lot and that helped but it just isn't fun. The extra exotic roll isn't worth it to me.

I remember the start going so well, wait i think someone might have jinx us by saying flawless :p

Grats on fang as its a great gun, was using it most the raid except aybss.

Still need my word and hammer then im out except for shards, those random crota moments are painful.

DAAAAANG it!!!!

Working on my Thorn bounty, right? So I get Two to the Morgue off a blue engram, OMFG I recognize that as one of my potential...VOID...shotgun purchases to help on the quest!

What luck! Right? RIGHT?

NNNNEWP.

Fuckin. Arc. Damage.

Silver lining, it will still help me get Bad Juju, which is void, which will help me get Thorn.

BUT. STILL.

ocean

Banned
DAAAAANG it!!!!

Working on my Thorn bounty, right? So I get Two to the Morgue off a blue engram, OMFG I recognize that as one of my potential...VOID...shotgun purchases to help on the quest!

What luck! Right? RIGHT?

NNNNEWP.

Fuckin. Arc. Damage.

Silver lining, it will still help me get Bad Juju, which is void, which will help me get Thorn.

BUT. STILL.
Sorry to burst your bubble but Bad Juju doesn't do any elemental damage. Still it's a good weapon that builds up super quickly so it'll let you Nova Bomb a lot more if you're on a Warlock.

You are the sword gaf deserves. Thanks again.

I remember the start going so well, wait i think someone might have jinx us by saying flawless :p

Grats on fang as its a great gun, was using it most the raid except aybss.

Still need my word and hammer then im out except for shards, those random crota moments are painful.
Fo sho, always happy to help out when I can :) StereoType= Haybro will do it next time! Or you will have to deal with my special features fire alarm :p But after wiping alot it drains on you D:

Yeah Crota HM haha dont get me started on that ಠ_ಠ Personal beliefs its still shitty that Bungie made "Hard mode" by making the players under level and bullet sponges everywhere.

But...I saw a picture...

Nope sorry, ocean is right

Mqp3krxh.png

So if I have an eidolon ally and a crux of Crota, I'm better off waiting to upgrade it until the HOW patch drops right?

I don't think you want to waste an Etheric Light to ascend Eidolon Ally or an Exotic shard to ascend Necrochasm.
A 365 Necrochasm is still pretty much useless. Just get a Necrochasm for Pokemon reasons and stash it somewhere deep in your vault :p

Ah well. It'll likely take me two years, literally, to finish Thorn anyway, so I doubt it would have made a difference. I'll probably hit juju tonight still though. Having a killer control run. You guys ever play Control on burning spire? MADNESS!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom