• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Where do you get that number from?
1) 347 Vesta Dynasty
2) Lord of Wolves shotgun
3) Sniper
4) Dreg's Promise

I think?

Also yeah, Fate of all Fools. That should be 5 total.

Also, Lord of Wolves will be like Vex and Nechrochasm I guess, hard to obtain.

I think there might be five.

Shotgun
Sidearm
Sniper
Scout

I'm assuming Fate of All Fools is coming? So that would be the fifth.
Yup.

Deku Tree

First Ever Gjallarhorn 334/365 Drop (Worlds First)

Oh man I love these people who come up with titles like that for YT hits :p

And this is pre-1.20 patch so that's why I think the upgrade bubbles have not changed over. Once they implement the patch, I think all existing and new exotics should have the damage upgrade bubbles removed.

No he's playing at Bungie on the Bungie build where you can play PoE. That GHorn dropped for that youtuber from completing PoE. It's possible based on that example that the upgrade bubbles will not be removed for old pre -HoW exotics. That's all I'm saying.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm sorry you've been brainwashed.
b09.gif

Deku Tree

1) 347 Vesta Dynasty
2) Lord of Wolves shotgun
3) Sniper
4) Dreg's Promise

I think?

Also yeah, Fate of all Fools. That should be 5 total.

Also, Lord of Wolves will be like Vex and Nechrochasm I guess, hard to obtain.

Yup.

Some people are speculating that 347 Vesta Destiny has been removed for the "Vestian Destiny" sidearm... I don't think we have seen any evidence of 347 Vesta outside of data mining right?

ocean

Banned
I actually wouldn't mind Legendaries being quick and easy to upgrade with few bubbles and Exotics maintaining their ominous bubble fest. I wouldn't prefer it obviously but I guess it'd further differentiate Exotics as high powered specialized weapons which require more time investment to fully use.

Hedera

Are you guys expecting to get a weapon after finishing the story missions like murmur?

I'm thinking it could actually be the new sidearm we saw on the Bungie stream, the Vestian Dynasty. I mean where else could you get that? It's not faction branded and it doesn't look to be in the pool of weapons you can get from PoE.

Deku Tree

I actually wouldn't mind Legendaries being quick and easy to upgrade with few bubbles and Exotics maintaining their ominous bubble fest. I wouldn't prefer it obviously but I guess it'd further differentiate Exotics as high powered specialized weapons which require more time investment to fully use.

The five? new HoW exotics should drop at 365 attack and have the reduced upgrade paths with no power bubbles.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Some people are speculating that 347 Vesta Destiny has been removed for the "Vestian Destiny" sidearm... I don't think we have seen any evidence of 347 Vesta outside of data mining right?
Damn, just checked and the weapon is not in Destiny database anymore. So I guess 4 new exotic weapons? Hopefully they're fun to use and not lame like TDB exotics.

Are you guys expecting to get a weapon after finishing the story missions like murmur?

I'm thinking it could actually be the new sidearm we saw on the Bungie stream, the Vestian Dynasty. I mean where else could you get that? It's not faction branded and it doesn't look to be in the pool of weapons you can get from PoE.
Yup, kinda like the Murmur.

Jinjo

Will we be able to earn XP in PoE? Kinda ridiculous the raids don't ever give XP, it's a fun incentive to use other guns.

noomi

mmm yes, 4th horseman almost fully leveled. This thing is a beast!

Do you guys use range/stability/reload perks with it?

HigXx

So apparently the Ps4 House of Wolves theme is only for people who buy the standalone dlc and not the Expansion pass. What?

We ran a HM VoG legit with someone who hadn't run VoG yet... a handful of wipes in the Templer's Well, and no wipes @Gatekeeper/Atheon. Smooth run. Then we Team First Try'd NM CE. We then no wiped HM CE to Crota...

We then proceeded to spend more time defeating Crota than all the previous content combined. Lots of glitches, some timing issues and some mistakes but in the end that fucker got what was coming to him.

Thanks Rawr, if it had been earlier I think Haybro coulda gotten it but we were whooped lol! Got Fang so I'm done with HM Crota until I'm at level. That was my third hard Crota defeat (outta 5 runs) and the only things left to get are the Crux and the pulse rifle, neither of which I care about. We kept it light hearted and joked a lot and that helped but it just isn't fun. The extra exotic roll isn't worth it to me.

Had a great group tonight, seriously :) Good job guys!

Yeah, it was great playing with you guys! We were really killing it all the way up to HM Scrotum. Really smooth runs, and the VoG newbie did great in HM.

And it's a shame we couldn't record your tour guide commentary! XD

I remember the start going so well, wait i think someone might have jinx us by saying flawless :p

Grats on fang as its a great gun, was using it most the raid except aybss.

Still need my word and hammer then im out except for shards, those random crota moments are painful.

He just had to say it, didn't he? :p

Fo sho, always happy to help out when I can :) StereoType= Haybro will do it next time! Or you will have to deal with my special features fire alarm :p But after wiping alot it drains on you D:

Yeah Crota HM haha dont get me started on that ಠ_ಠ Personal beliefs its still shitty that Bungie made "Hard mode" by making the players under level and bullet sponges everywhere.

Thanks again, man! If we had left without completing it after so much time just on fucking HM Scrotum it would have been really disheartening. Got a Fang and an exotic shard (Churos Regimen) out of it!

EDIT: and yes, I just woke up after going to bed at 7am, thanks to Scrotum...

mmm yes, 4th horseman almost fully leveled. This thing is a beast!

Do you guys use range/stability/reload perks with it?

I use Hand Loaded to increase the range a bit. People were saying I was crazy when I fully leveled it about 2 months ago. Almost killed Urzok single handed, while the rest was fighting the Hive/Fallen :p

noomi

I use Hand Loaded to increase the range a bit. People were saying I was crazy when I fully leveled it about 2 months ago. Almost killed Urzok single handed, while the rest was fighting the Hive/Fallen :p

Cool, that's where I was leaning as well, extra range can't hurt.

I've had it sitting in my vault for a few months, and just started leveling it yesterday, it's really good.

Deku Tree

So apparently the Ps4 House of Wolves theme is only for people who buy the standalone dlc and not the Expansion pass. What?

Yeah that sounds horrible and they should change it. No reason to punish Bungies biggest supporters. It's not as good as the BB official guide theme anyway.

Yeah, it was great playing with you guys! We were really killing it all the way up to HM Scrotum. Really smooth runs, and the VoG newbie did great in HM.

And it's a shame we couldn't record your tour guide commentary! XD

He just had to say it, didn't he? :p

Thanks again, man! If we had left without completing it after so much time just on fucking HM Scrotum it would have been really disheartening. Got a Fang and an exotic shard (Churos Regimen) out of it!

EDIT: and yes, I just woke up after going to bed at 7am, thanks to Scrotum...

You went to bed at 7am? damn thats dedication lol

SgtCobra

I went with the Ju, I got plenty of got like three good hand cannons already and I don't have a single pulse rifle. :p And I still think it's gonna be nerfed for PVP, it's really OP. That's my take on it.
Totally agreed, as someone who has put countless of hours into PvP I can only say that the Thorn is one of the things that completely ruins the fun.
Being able to 2 shot (on head) a player with a high fire rate and good stability weapon is ridiculous, I'm a clash player myself but control is full of them. it's basically PvP in easy mode and its perhaps the best weapon in PvP. A 3 headshot kill is something I consider to be fair with this weapon, but I'm sure lots of people will disagree.

The Bad Juju is very fun to use, I prefer it to the Red Death (which I barely seem to make any headshots with) and its special perk is way more useful imo.

Deku Tree

Have they talked about the PoE legendary weapons?
What will the PoE equivalent of black hammer be?!

They showed us a picture of all of them.
So far I haven't heard about perks or stats.
We will probably get them from a datamine after Patch 1.2.0 on Tuesday.

Thorn is one of the things that completely ruins the fun.
Being able to 2 shot (on head) a player with a high fire rate and good stability weapon is ridiculous. A 3 headshot kill is something I consider to be fair with this weapon, but I'm sure lots of people will disagree..

I'd definitely agree with that, although I'd say 2 head + 1 body would be fine. I think a no-brainer nerf is to make Thorn not kill after 2 head shots with the DoT. Not sure how they'd adjust the damage so it could leave you with a sliver left but I think it should absolutely be done. Although I still think TLW is the PvP king overall.

As much as I'd want that one basic nerf, I really hope they don't nerf HCs anymore, or anything else outside the more extreme shotgun range stuff. Bring ARs back up, leave PRs alone (SRs too, even though they aren't terribly competitive). Not sure what, if anything, they can do with FRs to make them more competitive with shotguns, but without going too OP.

The only other nerf I'd consider is removing the ability for any Final Round snipers to OHK on body shots. They'd basically have to remove that perk in PvP, not sure how it'd work if it's even possible. The special ammo nerfs helped but it's still a completely viable strategy, especially in 3v3 modes.

Bradach

They showed us a picture of all of them.
So far I haven't heard about perks or stats.
We will probably get them from a datamine after Patch 1.2.0 on Tuesday.
I hadn't heard of the patch and looked up the (possible) patch notes, but this is unofficial. I came across this bug fix

Fixed a bug which allowed players to manipulate ammo when equipping an Icebreaker and switching weapons

I thought this was a feature, not a bug!

deafmedal

I desperately clung on to the hope I'd get Fang of Ir Yut and Destiny for once decided not to be a dick to me.

And the group was great, which helps.

Good raid/strike groups are the reason I still play and will continue to do so. I'm a bit worried about the time gap between HoW and Comet (especially lvl 35 PoE probably being a slog like HM Crota), I believe around Aug/Sept with no new raid and everyone having everything they want/need that it may be tricky to get good groups together, at least for those of us who don't blow through rolls on reset. We'll see, at least I'll have a couple other games to check out if I start feeling burned out. Maybe I might even blow the dust off the ole X1 lol!

And I think it's about time I fully rep DGAF with a Destiny avatar, thanks for the idea- the first emblem I bought from the Speaker :) (still chuckle about DGAF, really don't give a fuck!)

Deku Tree

I hadn't heard of the patch and looked up the (possible) patch notes, but this is unofficial. I came across this bug fix

I thought this was a feature, not a bug!

Those are datamined patch notes and should not be taken as final... it would be totally lame if they are actually fixing the heavy ammo glitch on HM Crota.

But it's not really a big deal to me if they only prevent you from replenishing special ammo on another special by switching to IceBreaker temporarily... I never use that anyway... not sure why they would prioritize fixing that anyway...

deafmedal

To be fair, it is on Mercury. During the day it can get up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit.

It would be kinda interesting if there was a mechanic that blurred our vision due to sweat getting in our eyes due to the heat (oh the rage lol). Thanks Traveler, your A/C tech has kept us Guardians cool and comfy fighting minions of The Darkness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom