• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I'll do weekly later.

Anyway, did Bungie do anything to this strike? On my solo run, I started the wave phase and beat the first wave. I went back up towards the cave exit to snipe but no enemy spawned and DinkleGhost wasn't opening the door. I had to go back all the way to the door, let DinkleGhost do his thing, and start the first wave again.

I'll do weekly later.

Anyway, did Bungie do anything to this strike? On my solo run, I started the wave phase and beat the first wave. I went back up towards the cave exit to snipe but no enemy spawned and DinkleGhost wasn't opening the door. I had to go back all the way to the door, let DinkleGhost do his thing, and start the first wave again.

Yea apparently you can't snipe from the top rock perch anymore. Reddit says you can kill everything but one enemy, sprint down kill the last one, and run back up. It will prevent the anti cheese

It might make you feel better to know that guy was not a Gaffer... One of my non-Gaf friends, he was just joking around but has a pretty stupid sense of humor sometimes and says things that sound really rude if you don't know him. Whenever he's in the party I just cringe and hope he doesn't say anything too bad, :-/

Sincere apologies.
I kinda want to assume jw?

123rl

I'll do weekly later.

I stayed on the rock for most of the fight but you will need to come down for the first part before the door opens. Have a guy on the rock up top, a guy hiding the large rock on the floor, getting cover from the sniper, and the other guy can peck away at the boss

Lnkn52

Yea apparently you can't snipe from the top rock perch anymore. Reddit says you can kill everything but one enemy, sprint down kill the last one, and run back up. It will prevent the anti cheese

These hidden patches. You can't get rid of all cheeses Bungie. They will find another one.

Omni

At this point it's easier for me to solo Crota on normal than it is trying to bring 31s through. I just invite them when I'm on the last sword.

Even with a few jellyhorns some people really struggle to drop Crota //shrug

Deku Tree

I am still only getting three motes of light from the Eris NF cleansing bounty.

Did anyone get four motes from that bounty this week?
Can anyone show me a picture of the bounty with four motes?
Or was that just a false rumor?

Thanks!

Homeboyd

Thanks!
False rumor. It's always been 3. The guy that got 4 "leveled up" when he turned in the bounty which netted him 4 motes.

Thanks!
No it wasn't changed. The guy who posted just leveled up while turning in that bounty.

Shito

Are you fucking kidding me with that "cheese fix"?
It seems so random to try and "fix" this when it was not so much a cheese as a good use of the terrain. So because Bungie can't think their encounters well enough, we now get a very ugly "fix" that will confuse more players than anything else really. Good luck for regular players understanding those invisible frontiers that now reset the encounter.
That's probably the first change they make that is actually making me really angry for how stupid it is.

CDHfKv3UUAE0puy.jpg:large

PATSPATSPATS.0.gif

CDHfDbtUIAEu_j1.jpg:large

shhhnotears.0.0.gif

Lima

Who the fuck still does that shit from all the way up top? Man up and get close to the action. This is like doing Oracles from up top still. Or hiding in the spirit bloom chest room when it's legions. I would need to grow 5 additional arms to handle all the face palms when I see shit like that.

Deku Tree

Sorry Drizz! I was rooting for you to get the TL especially when you did the least kills trick!

Are you fucking kidding me with that "cheese fix"?
It seems so random to try and "fix" this when it was not so much a cheese as a good use of the terrain. So because Bungie can't think their encounters well enough, we now get a very ugly "fix" that will confuse more players than anything else really. Good luck for regular players understanding those invisible frontiers that now reset the encounter.
That's probably the first change they make that is actually making me really angry for how stupid it is.

What are you talking about? Plz explain.

Zoidberg

Thanks!

I just got 4, 3 from the bounty and 1 from levelling.

Shito

What are you talking about? Plz explain.
The fix that was talked about a little bit earlier in here: you can now no longer camp on top of the entrance rock in this week's strike, during the 3 waves of enemies to kill. If you don't have at least one player in the "bottom zone" when killing the last enemy of a wave, it will reset the phase and you will have to summon dinklebot at the door again and do everything again.
More details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...asy_way_around_the_new_anticheese_during_the/

It's so stupid (and easy to circumvent) I don't even understand how Bungie could have thought it would be a good idea to implement this.

Has anyone posted proof for the new Black Hammer bug? Does anyone even care that much?

I saved a clip last night when it didn't proc on Sepkis. I'll have to double check, but it looked like a non-crit number popped up with the third crit. Almost like the hive bonus perk was working (and on fallen).

ocean

Banned
Who the fuck still does that shit from all the way up top? Man up and get close to the action. This is like doing Oracles from up top still. Or hiding in the spirit bloom chest room when it's legions. I would need to grow 5 additional arms to handle all the face palms when I see shit like that.

This post makes me want to grow 5 additional eyes so I can roll them all.

Deku Tree

The fix that was talked about a little bit earlier in here: you can now no longer camp on top of the entrance rock in this week's strike, during the 3 waves of enemies to kill. If you don't have at least one player in the "bottom zone" when killing the last enemy of a wave, it will reset the phase and you will have to summon dinklebot at the door again and do everything again.
More details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...asy_way_around_the_new_anticheese_during_the/

It's so stupid (and easy to circumvent) I don't even understand how Bungie could have thought it would be a good idea to implement this.

What a horrible cheese fix. It's not even cheese IMO. If they don't want you up there then put up a wall. You're just shooting from within in the terrain that Bungie created for you in this case... It's not like your jumping under a platform or anything... I don't ever do that but it still feels silly to me for Bungie to do that...

Sorry Drizz! I was rooting for you to get the TL especially when you did the least kills trick!\.

haha thanks Deku, I pulled that trick every NFall but no luck! That was literally our last exotic chance of the week, we'd already done 3 NM DS+Crota, 3 #T1T HM Scrota, 3 NM+HM Gorgons and 3 HM Atheons with only a TLW dupe to show for it.

It was a lot of fun though, had a good group that knocked out everything in 4 hours without a single wipe across any of those activities. Had two and nearly 3 one portal HM Atheon kills as well, good stuff. GG everyone!

I'll be in the thread all week but won't play Destiny again unless anyone needs sword or CE Flawless help. Or if we can get a group for some NM or HM VoG Flawless Fun Runs...

Homeboyd

Shito

What a horrible cheese fix. It's not even cheese IMO. If they don't want you up there then put up a wall. You're just shooting from within in the terrain that Bungie created for you in this case... It's not like your jumping under a platform or anything... I don't ever do that but it still feels silly to me for Bungie to do that...
Yep.
It's not even about them trying to "fix" this encounter, but the stupid way they do it.
Good luck understanding what's happening when you are new to the game!

Impala26

This post makes me want to grow 5 additional eyes so I can roll them all.

Not gonna lie, if you gotta cheese to win, why bother even playing?
I get absolutely no fun out of this game when I'm forced to cheese things--Phogoth Nightfalls being the sole exception (that's just a shit-ily designed final room)

Has anyone posted proof for the new Black Hammer bug? Does anyone even care that much?

I saved a clip last night when it didn't proc on Sepkis. I'll have to double check, but it looked like a non-crit number popped up with the third crit. Almost like the hive bonus perk was working (and on fallen).
Yeah there have been a few videos posted on Reddit and it's absolutely happened to me on the walker's legs, without any immune shenanigans. Just three yellow crits in a row and then reload.

Deku Tree

haha thanks Deku, I pulled that trick every NFall but no luck! That was literally our last exotic chance of the week, we'd already done 3 NM DS+Crota, 3 #T1T HM Scrota, 3 NM+HM Gorgons and 3 HM Atheons with only a TLW dupe to show for it.

It was a lot of fun though, had a good group that knocked out everything in 4 hours without a single wipe across any of those activities. Had two and nearly 3 one portal HM Atheon kills as well, good stuff. GG everyone!

I'll be in the thread all week but won't play Destiny again unless anyone needs sword or CE Flawless help. Or if we can get a group for some NM or HM VoG Flawless Fun Runs...

Wow you did everything! I just did NF and Weekly 3x in under 2 hours (wasn't really keeping track) and the weeklies were with randos. I might be done for the week too. Or maybe I'll jump in for some raid fun runs. Or I might grind HM oracles and Templar if anyone is up for it. Otherwise I got a lot to do IRL.

ocean

Banned
I get absolutely no fun out of this game when I'm forced to cheese things--Phogoth Nightfalls being the sole exception (that's just a shit-ily designed final room)
I don't judge how others play, that simple. I don't cheese to win but I do play to have fun. Would I unplug my Ethernet cable to beat Crota? Of course not. But I'm not about to act like a dick because some people take cover during a horde like Legions instead of "manning up" and killing them (they're on a timer, no difference between the safe and the Rambo approach).

I'm probably among the players here who most enjoy a legit run. It's more fun and challenging and it's the way they were meant to be played. I'm not gonna piss on Oracle snipers' parade though.

But yeah, facepalm scrubs filthy casuals et al, let's congratulate our much hardcoarzzz guardians.

Shito

Thing is: it's not even a cheese!
It's Bungie not knowing how to design proper encounters, and then deciding all of a sudden that since their AI is too stupid to climb a rock it would be a nice idea to make it look like the game is glitching when not being present in an invisible zone while fighting hordes of enemies that can OHKO you.
It's not Atheon cheese we are talking about, I don't really know how anyone could defend this "fix" here. ^^

not as bad as omniguls final room....
and please dont be all high and mighty. there is nothing wrong with a little cheese now and then. especuially in a NF where everything one shots you due to all burn. if the enoucnter is not cheap and fun Ill do it. like the bridge section of CE. I hate when people want to cheese that becuase its actually a fun encounter. if it wasnt for the loot and EXP boost I wouldnt run NFs.

Phaethon and Drizzay are scrubby!

19 OTs of ~200 pages and another 19 pages into OT20 (100ppp Master Race!)

This is by far the scrubbiest page topper out of all 3,819 pages.

I kinda want to assume jw?

How did you know? :p He went off on some tangent later about using the phrase "having titties" to describe things. If you play a lot of Destiny you "have titties for Destiny".... or something. I had no idea wtf he was saying, haha.

He's a nice guy and has better days than others but sometimes I just want to bop him on the head...

Shito

not as bad as omniguls final room....
and please dont be all high and mighty. there is nothing wrong with a little cheese now and then. especuially in a NF where everything one shots you due to all burn. if the enoucnter is not cheap and fun Ill do it. like the bridge section of CE. I hate when people want to cheese that becuase its actually a fun encounter. if it wasnt for the loot and EXP boost I wouldnt run NFs.
That's more or less my stance, yeah.
I love NM CE Bridge and Crota phases, but I can't be bothered with running NF "legit" when the encounters are such bullshit and everything is stacked against you. There's nothing "challenging" about NF, it's just punishing for the sake of saying it's difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom