• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love remote playing from work. The 60 fps update for remote play seems to have upgraded the video quality and responsiveness even though destiny is only 30 fps. I was right in front of the 42 inch screen and could not see compression. Still have to use my Vita along with the PSTV to be able to party chat, which is a pain and pointless for them to have that restriction. The remote play trick doesn't work on the PSTV right.
bLCZwp0.png

Will be ~710 after today.

As someone with 1200+ Ass Shards, I have maybe 120 Coins. I've got at least 30+ of every Telemetry type but mainly it's heavy synth. I would spend every last coin I had multiple times in a row whenever he brought them and still managed to run out during the great Xur Heavy Drought.

I've spent way too many hours helping people kill Scrota. I'd love to know how many heavy synths I've used across all three characters, guarantee it's several thousand by now.

not as bad as omniguls final room....
and please dont be all high and mighty. there is nothing wrong with a little cheese now and then. especuially in a NF where everything one shots you due to all burn. if the enoucnter is not cheap and fun Ill do it. like the bridge section of CE. I hate when people want to cheese that becuase its actually a fun encounter. if it wasnt for the loot and EXP boost I wouldnt run NFs.

exactly. some people don't have time to be playing all day because the FT gets kicked to orbit.

Deku Tree

As someone with 1200+ Ass Shards, I have maybe 120 Coins. I've got at least 30+ of every Telemetry type but mainly it's heavy synth. I would spend every last coin I had multiple times in a row whenever he brought them and still managed to run out during the great Xur Heavy Drought.

I've spent way too many hours helping people kill Scrota. I'd love to know how many heavy synths I've used across all three characters, guarantee it's several thousand by now.

You still pop synth even though your whole team is doing the heavy cheese?

Love remote playing from work. The 60 fps update for remote play seems to have upgraded the video quality and responsiveness even though destiny is only 30 fps. I was right in front of the 42 inch screen and could not see compression. Still have to use my Vita along with the PSTV to be able to party chat, which is a pain and pointless for them to have that restriction. The remote play trick doesn't work on the PSTV right.
bLCZwp0.png

Holy crap. Can you use a PS4 controller on the Vita TV?

You still pop synth even though your whole team is doing the heavy cheese?

Yes. For the love of all that is holy yes. It's a matter of principle. :p

Besides I know everyone doing the heavy exploit has a huge stack of coins they aren't willing to spend. As if that fight isn't boring enough already... To be fair, there are exceptions, mainly if you're doing the fight with only 3-4 people and need to make sure there's enough rocket spam.

E92 M3

What's frustrating about Bungie is that they make changes that are completely unnecessary. Breaking a perfectly amazing sniper rifle because some random dude at Bungie decided immune spots shouldn't proc, is just an example of how they are inconsiderate of the community. They instituted a quick fix without making sure it didn't break anything. To them, it's more important to make sure we can't do something rather than give us more options.

The reason I get so frustrated is because Destiny is an amazing game with tons of potential that Bungie takes for granted.

Besides I know everyone doing the heavy exploit has a huge stack of coins they aren't willing to spend. As if that fight isn't boring enough already... To be fair, there are exceptions, mainly if you're doing the fight with only 3-4 people and need to make sure there's enough rocket spam.

yeah, this bothers me as well. I love respawning and then hearing the sounds of NLB. it does give me time to grab a smoke thuogh. Xur will have heavy all the time now. dont be cheap guardians

Homeboyd

With the "cheese fix" on the Winter's Run strike Bungie may have inadvertently created another glimmer farming opportunity.
WHAT?! THEY'RE FARMING GLIMMER THERE NOW?

BRING ME ALL 500 BUNGIE STAFF TO THE CONFERENCE ROOM NOW! THIS MUST BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY!

"but sir, Activision is requiring we get this next DLC prepa-----"

NOW DAMMIT! FOR EVERY PIECE OF UNEARNED GLIMMER OUR PLAYERS EARN FROM THIS EXPLOIT, I'M DOCKING IT FROM YOUR PAY! FIX IT NOW! RIGHT FKN NOW!

"but sir, my wife just called she's going into labo---"

GET BACK TO WORK!

Starting a NF, listening to podcasts so no mic at the moment. Hop in or send a FR and join. Probably won't be checking the thread.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Poker got his second Gjallarhorn, the roars were deafening.

I got No Backup Plans. Considering I didn't have 'em yet, no complaints here.

Impala26

I don't judge how others play, that simple. I don't cheese to win but I do play to have fun. Would I unplug my Ethernet cable to beat Crota? Of course not. But I'm not about to act like a dick because some people take cover during a horde like Legions instead of "manning up" and killing them (they're on a timer, no difference between the safe and the Rambo approach).

I'm probably among the players here who most enjoy a legit run. It's more fun and challenging and it's the way they were meant to be played. I'm not gonna piss on Oracle snipers' parade though.

But yeah, facepalm scrubs filthy casuals et al, let's congratulate our much hardcoarzzz guardians.

Thing is: it's not even a cheese!
It's Bungie not knowing how to design proper encounters, and then deciding all of a sudden that since their AI is too stupid to climb a rock it would be a nice idea to make it look like the game is glitching when not being present in an invisible zone while fighting hordes of enemies that can OHKO you.
It's not Atheon cheese we are talking about, I don't really know how anyone could defend this "fix" here. ^^

not as bad as omniguls final room....
and please dont be all high and mighty. there is nothing wrong with a little cheese now and then. especuially in a NF where everything one shots you due to all burn. if the enoucnter is not cheap and fun Ill do it. like the bridge section of CE. I hate when people want to cheese that becuase its actually a fun encounter. if it wasnt for the loot and EXP boost I wouldnt run NFs.

Wasn't trying to be high and mighty folks, it's just that my gaming time is precious, so I like to have as much enjoyment as I can. So when I see folks treat gaming like it's a second job (or only job?) it kinda hits a nerve with me. That said, I know very little of the CE snipe situation anyway, so I probably shouldn't have even said anything.

That said, it's a Tuesday morning and I'm tired 'cause I was up late last night playing... :p

yeah, this is me... sorry! well, i don't have a huge stack, around 100, and i have around 60-80 synths per char, but yeah, i hear ya.

E92 M3

BRING ME ALL 500 BUNGIE STAFF TO THE CONFERENCE ROOM NOW! THIS MUST BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY!

"but sir, Activision is requiring we get this next DLC prepa-----"

NOW DAMMIT! FOR EVERY PIECE OF UNEARNED GLIMMER OUR PLAYERS EARN FROM THIS EXPLOIT, I'M DOCKING IT FROM YOUR PAY! FIX IT NOW! RIGHT FKN NOW!

"but sir, my wife just called she's going into labo---"

GET BACK TO WORK!

It's exactly how I imagine it whenever the community discovers something beneficial lol.

--

Also, funny GIF from BB OT:

Putting the doll to work lol

bJFxB7m.gif

Heroic VoG at level 27, pre CE weapons is the only way to roll for true flawless runs.

lol exactly. Anyone using 331 Attack weapons in VoG is a total casul.

On a serious note, I completely agree with your original points. I think we have a similar mindset about this stuff and would prefer not to cheese fun encounters but understand there are good reasons why people do and it's not a big deal either way.

The key issue is whether or not an encounter is interesting. HM Oracles, Templar and NM Bridge are interesting so I like to play it legit. HM CE and Omni-janitor Arc NFall are boring as hell so I don't give a fuck; I'll either not play it or cheese to be done with it.

Too much emphasis is put on difficulty which leads to the macho-nonsense. HM Templar is fun but also hard which can mean it takes too much time for people's real life responsibilities. In a perfect world everyone engages Mega Pro Mode and difficult encounters are cleared quickly but the world (and people) aren't perfect. So cheesing is a reasonable solution in those circumstances.

lol nice.

Personally I'm shocked they haven't removed glimmer from VoG Gate Keepers. I can't decide if it's because:

(1) Not enough people use it, so it doesn't pop up as a huge outlier in Bungie's stat collection and therefore they don't care.

(2) They're afraid of the negative PR backlash in the community.

(3) They actually want to respect people's time and understand that Exclusion Zone farming is like Planetary Mat Farming: a sad way to spend your Destiny time.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a combination of 2 and 3, and not an eventual recipient of the Nerf Hammer. Especially since the shotgun buff, even 1-2 Guardians can farm it very efficiently. The only issue is getting the CP, which might be enough of a hurdle if the call for Raid MM on Gaming side is any indication.

At this point it's easier for me to solo Crota on normal than it is trying to bring 31s through. I just invite them when I'm on the last sword.

Even with a few jellyhorns some people really struggle to drop Crota //shrug

How is that possible? HM I kinda maybe understand but NM takes 2 Jellys total to drop him...

blackjaw

bLCZwp0.png

How's the lag? I can hardwire my PS4 (which is next to my router) but the PSTV would have to be wifi in another room.

Thinking about getting one for remote play when my wife is on the big TV so I don't have to move the ps4 around

hydruxo

Who the fuck still does that shit from all the way up top? Man up and get close to the action. This is like doing Oracles from up top still. Or hiding in the spirit bloom chest room when it's legions. I would need to grow 5 additional arms to handle all the face palms when I see shit like that.

Honestly who gives a shit how other people play the game, there's no need to be condescending about it. Maybe if Bungie designed better encounters where we can actually walk around without getting one or two shotted by element burns then we wouldn't have to resort to cheese, but most of the time there's no other choice. Have fun getting close to the action in the boss area of Winters Run with rainbow burn on.

How's the lag? I can hardwire my PS4 (which is next to my router) but the PSTV would have to be wifi in another room.

Thinking about getting one for remote play when my wife is on the big TV so I don't have to move the ps4 around
I only use it hard wired, but I assume it would be comparible to my Vita on wireless. I'd really recommend wiring it up if you could, especially if you're going to be on your home network. It's surprisingly great over the home network, but then again, it's surprisingly great over the internet from my work.

Axoman

What's frustrating about Bungie is that they make changes that are completely unnecessary. Breaking a perfectly amazing sniper rifle because some random dude at Bungie decided immune spots shouldn't proc, is just an example of how they are inconsiderate of the community. They instituted a quick fix without making sure it didn't break anything. To them, it's more important to make sure we can't do something rather than give us more options.

The reason I get so frustrated is because Destiny is an amazing game with tons of potential that Bungie takes for granted.

They only apparently take care in bug fixes that involve the raid. From the 4/02 update:

"Fixing bugs for the Raid is most challenging in two ways: figuring out went wrong and devising a safe way to fix it that won’t break the rest of the game. "

I would like everyone who posts about completing NFs this week to submit to me their respective methods so that they may be properly arbitrated.

Methods found guilty for Facepalm Inducing shall be shamed. My verdicts are final for I am elite and my judgements are unassailable.

Omni

How is that possible? HM I kinda maybe understand but NM takes 2 Jellys total to drop him...
I actually have no idea. I had three 31s tonight with jellys and they couldn't drop Crota while I was wielding the sword. So I kicked them out and did it myself (having them in the game was screwing up swordbearer. Just easier without)

Maybe it's a time issue or something. But the struggle can be real.

Who the fuck still does that shit from all the way up top? Man up and get close to the action. This is like doing Oracles from up top still. Or hiding in the spirit bloom chest room when it's legions. I would need to grow 5 additional arms to handle all the face palms when I see shit like that.

man up?
where's the 3 Gjallarhorn dismantle gif? then talk about manning up

edit: apologies for the salty reaction, but you're just doing what Bungie is doing... play the game my way because it's the only right way to play

That's dedication!

I have a similar set up but I work from home. Tuesday mornings, I bring my PS4 into my office to knock out NFs and stuff. The rest of the week I usually just hop on Vita to knock out easy dailies and bounties.

Lag ranges from okay to bad but I think it's my crappy internet/router. I'm waiting for the Vita TV to drop to $30 - $40 to scoop one up.

stb

No kidding, right?

Hell, I don't even use guns anymore. I just punch everything to death because I'm hardcore. And I don't use that Saint-14 to do it, either; that's something someone who hasn't manned up would do.

I'm so manly, Bungie had to add a beard just for my Titan in 1.1.2. Sure, he's an Exo, but he's so manly they decided he need a beard.

They only apparently take care in bug fixes that involve the raid. From the 4/02 update:

"Fixing bugs for the Raid is most challenging in two ways: figuring out went wrong and devising a safe way to fix it that won’t break the rest of the game. "

They did say that but sadly their worst glitch-inducing patches have been raid related. Scrota was still Crota before the Ethernet cheese patch.

They also glitched Templar and Atheon really badly when patching their respective cheeses, although it only applied to flawless runs and the number of players who actually experienced them is extremely small.

Maybe it's a time issue or something. But the struggle can be real.

Yeah I can't blame you for booting then having them rejoin. Even on NM, that encounter can turn into a nightmare if the team can't come together whatsoever. The main advantage of GH is how long WP rounds keep damage on his shield to prevent regen but a really out of sync team will still struggle.

Lnkn52

bLCZwp0.png

LOL, I remote play from work too on a similar size screen. I'm embrassed sometimes, seeing people watch me play. "are you 5",but having this feature is awesome.

What's the remote play trick you speak of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom