• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding, right?

Hell, I don't even use guns anymore. I just punch everything to death because I'm hardcore. And I don't use that Saint-14 to do it, either; that's something someone who hasn't manned up would do.

I'm so manly, Bungie had to add a beard just for my Titan in 1.1.2. Sure, he's an Exo, but he's so manly they decided he need a beard.

lol! can someone make stb an Exo avatar with a beard?

edit: top of page!

this is how i feel on reseTuesday!

W79qoke9OhETm.gif
#foreverNoHorn #MebbeThisIsTheWeek!

:( I feel bad man, I wish everyone could just have what they need already, especially you dude. I'm going to write Bungie a letter about this, you just wait!

haha thanks Noomi! I enjoy the comedy value of things like the NFall drops I posted more than actually getting a TLord so it works out fine for me.

Sorry Narmer :-(

Oh wait, Jigga-Man just got another Horn to drop....

Maybe he'll let you have it...

.... never mind.

stb

Raid pals: same thing as last week, if time allows?

8:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x NM CE full
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience) I'm pretty sure captscience is out this week. If not, let me know!
43) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
54) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
6) LTWood12? ich00? someone else?

a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) [available after 9pm Eastern]
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet)
a) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) [available after 9pm Eastern]
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) [can't play this week]

just got to do the weeklies and DSx3 and crotax3 and im done for the week. unless the hunger for hawkmoon gets so strong I need to do crotaHm x3 and atheon x6.

alalso, driveclub is getting increasingly harder to find.

Axoman

They did say that but sadly their worst glitch-inducing patches have been raid related. Scrota was still Crota before the Ethernet cheese patch.

They also glitched Templar and Atheon really badly when patching their respective cheeses, although it only applied to flawless runs and the number of players who actually experienced them is extremely small.

Hard to tell from my post, but it was sarcasm. I agree with you. They always seem to hastily "fix" things and often just introduce new issues as a result. I'm thinking they don't have a good test environment, or it's just that their QA team is only allowed to play the way it's intended and because of that, miss many things the real QA team (us!) find.

I don't mind not being able to hang out on that far rock, but just the fact they changed it sow you can't do that anymore really urks me. You have freakin' sniper rifles in the game, if people want to hang back and snipe with their sniper rifles, what's the harm?

Apparently we are only allowed to snipe from within certain distances now.

Dave_6

- 1x NM CE full
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

3) captscience (PSN captscience) I'm pretty sure captscience is out this week. If not, let me know!
43) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
54) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ???
65) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
6) ???

a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
a2) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
a3) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
a4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a6) Lnkn52 ??
a7) Hung Wei Lo ??
a8) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a9) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Yep I'm in!

The further gumping of Black Hammer is really pissing me off. It is such a shame to see such a magnificent weapon get treated like a 2nd class citizen. Bungie, get your shit together.

The new fix to the Archon Priest strike is interesting. I have yet to play it, but I don't have a problem with it in principle, but the fact they let it stand for so long only to change it now is head scratching. There will be many confused folks who will think the game has glitched out or something. It is something that wasn't quite the same as other cheeses since some enemies do spawn up there and you can get torched in a burn.

Whatever, I haven't logged in for nearly 2 weeks ans I haven't seen any reason to change that now.

- 1x NM CE full
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

6) ???

a6) Lnkn52 ??
a7) Hung Wei Lo ??

i'll need to run a little later, again, so if the alts want to group up and start at 9:00 - 9:30 again?

noomi

aaaaaaaand Narmer of course, I want you to have that Gjally buddy. I trust you haven't exhausted all your exotic loot chances already?

just got to do the weeklies and DSx3 and crotax3 and im done for the week. unless the hunger for hawkmoon gets so strong I need to do crotaHm x3 and atheon x6.

alalso, driveclub is getting increasingly harder to find.

The hunger for Hawkmoon should always be strong! Good luck :)

The further gumping of Black Hammer is really pissing me off. It is such a shame to see such a magnificent weapon get treated like a 2nd class citizen. Bungie, get your shit together.

The new fix to the Archon Priest strike is interesting. I have yet to play it, but I don't have a problem with it in principle, but the fact they let it stand for so long only to change it now is head scratching. There will be many confused folks who will think the game has glitched out or something. It is something that wasn't quite the same as other cheeses since some enemies do spawn up there and you can get torched in a burn.

Whatever, I haven't logged in for nearly 2 weeks ans I haven't seen any reason to change that now.

One of the best weapons in the game, and it's treated likea 2nd class citizen :/ They still haven't fixed the damn ultra/major extra damage perk either. Going on almost 4 days without even turning my PS4 on :eek:

sigh...so this new cheese hotfix...I'm just smh over here. I can't even

so anyway when you have to redeploy Dinklebot, do you have to re-do wave 1? Or just re-deploy him in between each wave? Just trying to figure out how exactly it works, because I'm still going to snipe. this fucking game, man. god

hydruxo

sigh...so this new cheese hotfix...I'm just smh over here. I can't even

so anyway when you have to redeploy Dinklebot, do you have to re-do wave 1? Or just re-deploy him in between each wave? Just trying to figure out how exactly it works, because I'm still going to snipe. this fucking game, man. god

I haven't tried it yet but I saw this on reddit: "So as many of you are likely finding out, Bungie has patched the cheese rock that many people use to snipe from during nightfalls. The easy solution is to leave one enemy alive from each wave. Simply run down into the area that they spawn and kill that last enemy. Then book it back to your cheese rock and repeat for each wave. I just used this strat and it works like a charm."

Let's be nice to Lima DGAF. He means well (I think), just comes off harsh sometimes.

Everyone has to find their own middle ground between playing "like it's a job," i.e. get shit done no matter what, and playing just for fun. For example we played our NFs safe by Horning the Priest from afar but used blinding bubbles to Sword Breaker his ugly face up close during our Weekly, since the Scrub Tax would've been much less.

Hard to tell from my post, but it was sarcasm. I agree with you. They always seem to hastily "fix" things and often just introduce new issues as a result.

haha yeah sometimes sarcasm is hard to detect online... definitely agree with what you're saying. I've never even used w/e snipe rock people are talking about but it shouldn't be anywhere near their list of "things to fix."

I haven't tried it yet but I saw this on reddit: "So as many of you are likely finding out, Bungie has patched the cheese rock that many people use to snipe from during nightfalls. The easy solution is to leave one enemy alive from each wave. Simply run down into the area that they spawn and kill that last enemy. Then book it back to your cheese rock and repeat for each wave. I just used this strat and it works like a charm."

Like Kotaku said, "You can't patch players."

Seriously Bungie, cheese finds a way.

Deku Tree

- 1x NM CE full
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

6) ???

a6) Lnkn52 ??
a7) Hung Wei Lo ??

How long does all that usually take for you to complete?

Frenden

Banned
I'm signing on in ~30 minutes if anyone wants to share the Gorgon CP. Happy to sit and hold it for folks, too. I need shards as much as I need a chance at an exotic, heh.

PSN: FRENDEN

haha yeah sometimes sarcasm is hard to detect online... definitely agree with what you're saying. I've never even used w/e snipe rock people are talking about but it shouldn't be anywhere near their list of "things to fix."

Ok, maybe I am confused a bit. I have never used the snipe rock either, what about the area where the 3 Hobgoblins spawn from the cave, it is just above the main floor area. I usually spend my time there. Is that still ok? Or will that trigger a reset?

LOL, I remote play from work too on a similar size screen. I'm embrassed sometimes, seeing people watch me play. "are you 5",but having this feature is awesome.

What's the remote play trick you speak of?
The trick to get party chat to work while using remote play on the Vita. If you do it on the PSTV, it kills the game audio.
gZgrGNg.jpg

That's dedication!

I have a similar set up but I work from home. Tuesday mornings, I bring my PS4 into my office to knock out NFs and stuff. The rest of the week I usually just hop on Vita to knock out easy dailies and bounties.

Lag ranges from okay to bad but I think it's my crappy internet/router. I'm waiting for the Vita TV to drop to $30 - $40 to scoop one up.
It was $40 once on an Amazon lightning deal and I regret not picking it up to keep here at the office. You don't even need to activate a Vita or PSTV to use it as a dedicated Remote Play machine (I already have three total Vitas.)

Bradach

I usually leave one alive anyway to go down and get some ammo before punching the last dreg in the back and heading up again. I doubt I would have even noticed the "fix"

aaaaaaaand Narmer of course, I want you to have that Gjally buddy. I trust you haven't exhausted all your exotic loot chances already?

I haven't done anything for the week yet. I just moved into a new place and have some company coming in a couple days. We'll see how much I get done this week. If I could do the NFs, DS/Crota, and maybe the Gorgon chests, I'll be happy. We'll see if I have enough time.

The trick to get party chat to work while using remote play on the Vita. If you do it on the PSTV, it kills the game audio.
gZgrGNg.jpg

It was $40 once on an Amazon lightning deal and I regret not picking it up to keep here at the office. You don't even need to activate a Vita or PSTV to use it as a dedicated Remote Play machine (I already have three total Vitas.)

question about the PSTV. if I hook it up in the bedroom can my wife watch hulu on the ps4 and I can play destinty on the PSTV. or can i play destiny on the ps4 and have my wife also play on her own account in the bedroom.

GRIP

Quick look at his PSN profile showed he hasn't played since at least 4-4. I know he hasn't posted here for awhile but he was never a huge poster.

Yeah I didn't think he was still active. He's been MIA from our little group for a few weeks now. Maybe it's time to give Haybro a promotion!

Yeah I didn't think he was still active. He's been MIA from our little group for a few weeks now. Maybe it's time to give Haybro a promotion!

Spyder noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Quick look at his PSN profile showed he hasn't played since at least 4-4. I know he hasn't posted here for awhile but he was never a huge poster.

and isnt it kinda of creepy knowing what your friends are doing simply by looking at thier info on PS4? I was tlaking to a buddy at work today and said"hey man, saw you playing dark souls 2 last night, how is it on ps4?" and hes like "how the hell did you know what I was doing? were you at my window?"

can wait for the awkward look when they think I ciaght them doing something naughty

question about the PSTV. if I hook it up in the bedroom can my wife watch hulu on the ps4 and I can play destinty on the PSTV. or can i play destiny on the ps4 and have my wife also play on her own account in the bedroom.
It can only mirror what is being shown on the PS4. It does have a dedicated Hulu app and can play Hulu on its own (though still no Netflix app, wtf?) It can play two player games if they are single screen two player games.

Looking back at the video we had some weird Gate Keeper drops. 3 Timepieces total, Bombastico got one and a CMeasure, and ZW got both leg and gauntlet armor. Part of me wonders if/how much they've changed VoG drop rates, that would have been a miraculous haul back in the day.

FYI: it took 8 minutes to join Ruthless at HM GKeepers, wipe, beat GK phase, swap characters and kill Atheon. Shit is fast when everyone is on point.

edit: found a better one

692.gif

True story: That Lucille Bluth gif is the exact same one Fig posted back in the day when we were arch-enemies and I told her to ignore all my posts and I would ignore hers. Life is strange.

It can only mirror what is being shown on the PS4. It does have a dedicated Hulu app and can play Hulu on its own (though still no Netflix app, wtf?)

ahh, no reason for me then. I never leave my house. it would just be nice to able to do bounties while the Mrs. is watching Bones or something

boofa

Neo Member

PS TV has a Hulu app, but no Netflix app. You can definitely game on PS4 and watch Hulu on PS TV, even if using the same PSN account, but cannot game on Remote Play from PS TV and do something else on the PS4.

Edit: beaten

Deku Tree

- 1x NM CE full
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

6) ???

a6) Lnkn52 ??
a7) Hung Wei Lo ??

We started around the same time last week (maybe a little after 8:30) and we finished up around 11.

While your crew is efficient!
If you have space, please put me on your alt list.
That's a really good time for me.
Although I can't play tonight... Maybe next week...
PS4 DekuBleep

Cheesers are crafty. They'll find ways to survive. They always do.

But in this instance, it's not cheesing at all. If you don't want any players hanging back and sniping, then how bout DON'T HAVE SNIPER RIFLES IN YOUR GAME.

I have such a love/hate feeling toward Bungie. They make this awesome game and then let the village dunce make half of the decisions on what to change.

So Bungie finally added resets? I am afraid they learned this from Blizzard guys and finally resets the bosses soon too (aka The Nexus, Varus,Omnigul and probably Crota in the safe room)

But in this instance, it's not cheesing at all. If you don't want any players hanging back and sniping, then how bout DON'T HAVE SNIPER RIFLES IN YOUR GAME.

I have such a love/hate feeling toward Bungie. They make this awesome game and then let the village dunce make half of the decisions on what to change.

Its their fault for leaving opne space openings covering their bad design encounters.

I realy should put together a reset crew like STB's. sounds like a lot of fun. sometimes it can be hard getting a crew together on the fly. would nice to have have a scedule witha cool group and a few beers to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom