• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

I always shoot from the rock about halfway down, near the cave where the Hobgoblins spawn in the second phase. It's just as safe imo, although enemies tend to go underneath so you have to move to hit them.

Namikaze1

Yeah!

Let me go Rambo these Vex Goblins while dodging the Hobgoblins that can two shot me and the Vex Minotaurs with their fucking splash damage in this Rainbow Burn Nightfall with no back up. Or Rambo these Vex Hobgoblins Majors while dodging the Vex Minotaurs Majors with their splash damage and the multitude of Vex Goblins. Or Rambo these Minotaurs Majors with their splash damage while dodging Hobgoblin Majors that can two shot means their damn grenades and the multitude of goblins shooting at me.

You know all while doing it alone. I love Destiny's loading screen just as much as Bloodborne's...

Yeah.... Fuck that. I'll "cheese" it like every nightfall cause 1) it's safer when doing it alone and 2) I fucking hate having to restart the whole thing upon dying. I like to take things slow when doing these Nightfalls alone. Of course I'll get in closer when running them with a team. But when enemies can one-two shot you and you're forced to restart the whole thing, and you don't have that much time, I will "cheese" the hell out of them.

Anyway, how the heck is this even a cheese?

Deku Tree

So Bungie finally added resets? I am afraid they learned this from Blizzard guys and finally resets the bosses soon too (aka The Nexus, Varus,Omnigul and probably Crota in the safe room)

Its their fault for leaving opne space openings covering their bad design encounters.

Bungie has always had resets. For instance Phogoth health resets if you back up too far in the cheese room into the next back room. Been like that since Day 1.

So Bungie finally added resets? I am afraid they learned this from Blizzard guys and finally resets the bosses soon too (aka The Nexus, Varus,Omnigul and probably Crota in the safe room)

Its their fault for leaving opne space openings covering their bad design encounters.

actually they had resets before. phogoth for example. I was on a NF with a friend and I ahd to go to the restroom. so to be safe I backed all the way out to previous room and whne I got back my friend told me he was shooting at phogoth and his health climbed all the way back.

edit: beaten

Bungie has always had resets. For instance Phogoth health resets if you back up too far in the cheese room into the next back room. Been like that since Day 1.

But resets his health not the encounter itself like deaggro him like a mob encounter and I believe it also fails the mission and restart the checkpoint or push to to orbit.

Deku Tree

Yeah!

Let me go Rambo these Vex Goblins while dodging the Hobgoblins that can two shot me and the Vex Minotaurs with their fucking splash damage in this Rainbow Burn Nightfall with no back up. Or Rambo these Vex Hobgoblins Majors while dodging the Vex Minotaurs Majors with their splash damage and the multitude of Vex Goblins. Or Rambo these Minotaurs Majors with their splash damage while dodging Hobgoblin Majors that can two shot means their damn grenades and the multitude of goblins shooting at me.

You know all while doing it alone. I love Destiny's loading screen just as much as Bloodborne's...

Yeah.... Fuck that. I'll "cheese" it like every nightfall cause 1) it's safer when doing it alone and 2) I fucking hate having to restart the whole thing upon dying. I like to take things slow when doing these Nightfalls alone. Of course I'll get in closer when running them with a team. But when enemies can one-two shot you and you're forced to restart the whole thing, and you don't have that much time, I will "cheese" the hell out of them.

Git Gud Nami!

Homeboyd

What, how?
Did they just make an invisible barrier preventing you from getting to the docking area of the ketch?
No it's the same as the rock. You can go over there and hide/snipe, but the wave will continue to reset and never progress. (according to reddit reports)

GRIP

While your crew is efficient!
If you have space, please put me on your alt list.
That's a really good time for me.
Although I can't play tonight... Maybe next week...
PS4 DekuBleep

Sure thing man. STB is sort of the ring leader so i'll relay the message if he hasn't seen it.

Played the game after long time and did 3 nightfalls, got energy, shitty bullet hose AR and the Chance. Suddenly remembered why I stopped playing this long time ago.

I was good!

And then Bloodborne came along...

Seriously, I've been having problems trying to get back into Destiny. Everything feels off. I've been making so many rookie mistakes I did back in September. Bloodborne changed me.

Exactly, something felt immediately off. Also trying to switch weapons and instead watch your guardian dance or point finger at random things :lol

GhaleonEB

Yeah!

Here here. Soloing a Nightfall is no joke. It stops being a cheese when the difficulty is amped up to such highs, and the penalty for failure is so severe. Every enemy has a giant sign strapped to them that says "BACK THE FUCK UP". It's only wise to respond accordingly.

And soling a Nightfall, with any tactics, is not easy. Yet overcoming such extreme odds feels grand.

At any rate, I just soloed it on my Warlock, then a couple buddies joined when I had the Priest down to ~25%. They got legendary weapons, I got 10 strange coins. Naturally. :lol

blazeuk

Thanks for the gorgon cp ruthlesbarbarian, finally got Plan C from the chest so my exotic weapon collection is now complete! Just No Backup Plans and Crest of Alpha Lupi for my Titan to go and then I won't need any exotics or raid gear until HoW releases.

anyone still doing nightfall? :p

Bout to start my 2nd NF run.

Edit: the spoils from my first NF run...

nUMsDSd.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 4/23 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 4/26 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

Karl2177

At any rate, I just soloed it on my Warlock, then a couple buddies joined when I had the Priest down to ~25%. They got legendary weapons, I got 10 strange coins. Naturally. :lol

I was under the impression that Bungie was changing rewards for people who contributed less time towards the Nightfall. Maybe I'm remembering something completely different though...

Gala

4 hours until my shift is done. I want to go home, grab the gorgons chests on nm and hm and kill Crota six times :(
Working on reset day sucks.

Anyone got some gjallarhorns or hawkmoons today?

Homeboyd

I was under the impression that Bungie was changing rewards for people who contributed less time towards the Nightfall. Maybe I'm remembering something completely different though...
The less you do, the better the reward. My first gjallarhorn was "earned" by me joining a friend's NF at the VERY end and my only kill was the boss killshot. They got shit. I got the gjally.

Same as crucible. If you go -15, prepare for yellows to rain from the sky. You perform well, go positive and go for the objective? Enjoy your no rewards.

Namikaze1

First Weekly with randoms since coming back was great. Everyone got a legendary engram. One guy got two. Won't say who. :p

Edit: actually two guys got two legendary engrams.

E92 M3

4 hours until my shift is done. I want to go home, grab the gorgons chests on nm and hm and kill Crota six times :(

Working when HOW launches...now that's going to SUCK. lol

Anyone doing anything ? Need 3x EVERYTHING !

Also anyone got them Groton checkpoints I can steal ?

I am off now but I got Narasingh to save gorgon hm checkpoint, grab it off him. He's doing nightfall right now join him.

Hawkmoon aka exotic shard.

Namikaze1

Well, FWC is close to ranking up on my Warlock. Leaving it as it is till HoW launch day. Gonna now focus on getting Vanguard and Cryptarch to a similar position. May do one of the other factions as well. Gonna skip on Crucible though since she's not even rank 1 for that and I'm not a fan of Crucible? Doing the same for my other Guardians as well. I'm gonna be prepared for HoW!

Just need to actually start playing Destiny more often first.

stb

Count me in.
Yep I'm in!
I'm in.

Has anyone spoken with spyder recently? Is he even playing anymore?

Updated to confirm you 3. Verde also confirmed via text. With Stereotype in, but captscience and schwagger15 out, we're still one short.

Re: schwagger15, he's been MIA for a while. Unfortunately, I'll probably drop him into the alt list next week so StereoType or LTWood12 or one of the regular alts can have a firm slot going forward. RIP schwagger15.

i'll need to run a little later, again, so if the alts want to group up and start at 9:00 - 9:30 again?

Added, but struck for this week due to the timing.

While your crew is efficient!
If you have space, please put me on your alt list.
That's a really good time for me.
Although I can't play tonight... Maybe next week...
PS4 DekuBleep

Added.

FYI, the alt list isn't really a "queue"; there's no real order to it. I try to firm up the team during the day, so we're not scrambling at go-time. Folks who have filled in frequently (StereoType, LTWood12, ich00) are given preference, but other than that it's first come, first served.

edit: not only are we efficient, we're super-duper laid back! Hopefully you can join us for a run soon.

Updated listing:

Raid pals: same thing as last week, if time allows?

8:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x NM CE full
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience) I'm pretty sure captscience is out this week. If not, let me know!
43) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
54) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
6) ??? [still need one, folks!]

a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
a2) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
a3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a4) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) needs to start after 9pm Eastern
a5) Lnkn52 ??
a6) Hung Wei Lo ??
a7) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a8) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a9) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) can't play this week

Namikaze1

Well, I shouldn't have expected the second run with randoms would be as good as the first. Made it to the wave phase before realizing that none of my teammates moved from the starting spot.

I am off now but I got Narasingh to save gorgon hm checkpoint, grab it off him. He's doing nightfall right now join him.

Hawkmoon aka exotic shard.

hawkmoon, aka ruthless you suck. lol
please oh please, give me that gun. its the last one!
until HoW

just starting to rank up factions. at what rank do you start to get packages. is it 3 or 4?

Updated to confirm you 3. Verde also confirmed via text. With Stereotype in, but captscience and schwagger15 out, we're still one short.

Re: schwagger15, he's been MIA for a while. Unfortunately, I'll probably drop him into the alt list next week so StereoType or LTWood12 or one of the regular alts can have a firm slot going forward. RIP schwagger15.

Added, but struck for this week due to the timing.

Added.

FYI, the alt list isn't really a "queue"; there's no real order to it. I try to firm up the team during the day, so we're not scrambling at go-time. Folks who have filled in frequently (StereoType, LTWood12, ich00) are given preference, but other than that it's first come, first served.

edit: not only are we efficient, we're super-duper laid back! Hopefully you can join us for a run soon.

Updated listing:

I would love to join in tonight if there is any room. Regular group or an Alt group.

Psn: Manicstreet

Shito

Well, I shouldn't have expected the second run with randoms would be as good as the first. Made it to the wave phase before realizing that none of my teammates moved from the starting spot.
When I start a weekly with randoms, I do so telling myself I'll have to solo it. If any one of my two comrades join in on the fun, I take it as a nice bonus and surprise.

stb

I realy should put together a reset crew like STB's. sounds like a lot of fun. sometimes it can be hard getting a crew together on the fly. would nice to have have a scedule witha cool group and a few beers to boot.

I can't recommend it highly enough. It makes it SO easy to do the raids every week.

Confirm the team during the day from work, fire up the PS4 at the decided time, run everything, have a ball, and be done in 2.5 hours.

I can't imagine doing the raids on an ongoing basis any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom