• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you find a group giv eme a shout.

Heads up, i fucking suck at the gorgon part and the jumps lol

No worries dude, the jumping puzzle is the bane of my existence. I've never managed to do it legit, just hurl myself off the second lowest platform on the wall and drop to the lowest on the corner of the Vault. It's always a gamble whether I survive or need to revive myself.

nOoblet16

It's not like you see Ogres now if you have a good Swordbearer and a coordinated team.
A good swordbearer is one who is reliable and does the run effortlessly, not one who takes down crota in two sword :p

It's because there are a lot of factors outside of the swordbearer's control when trying to take down crota in two sword on HM...lag being the most obvious factor, then there are instances where Crota is a bitch as when you are going for two sword you spend more time near him and sometimes he can just smack you regardless of everything seemingly working. I've taken down crota in two swords but I don't usually go for two swords because it's not worth it as I know that if I just play it safe with three swords I can finish this run effortlessly with no wipes due to my death...whereas there's always a possibility for that when going for two swords.

GutZ31

Destiny |OT20| Our HoWs, in the middle of the Reef

-Guardian Lord list has been updated and we finally hit 100 Gaf Lords! Congrats to everyone, from fig to our newest lords Mandrake, HigXx and Wilde aka ZW33.

-Hawkified DGAF user names added to OP. A few other minor OP revisions also.

-As for new OT title, with ~900 posts to go the new front runner is:

Apparently I'm slow so can someone explain what the "Light Level 21" thing is supposed to mean? We could incorporate that if enough people like it.
RIP Prison of Elders title

-TLord mega post will top a page today, bet your bottom dollar. Gotta get it in before OT 21, no matter what. Nami's patience will be rewarded!

Not pictured: all the time wasted spent generating orbs. HoW can't come soon enough, not sure how many more Feats of Scrota I can take. Datto has a video called "can Crota be killed with only fusion rifles and no jumping?" or something ;_;

Why not Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef ?

The joke still works with 100% less internet-speak.

And it's actually funny

I approve

Since we're mostly in our thirties and fourties and the young'uns are in the minority here, I think a more refined and classic reference like that fits the bill, yes.

Either one is fine. It is funny either way.

The only debate is whether we should go with the Light Level thing. I think that is brilliant although a little esoteric. The only thing is that it seems a bit bulky. |OT20, Light Levl 21| etc, seems a bit much to carry forward to future OTs. Maybe abreviate to LL21 or something.

tumblr_mllm22U5Yt1ro1o2fo1_400.gif

Do I get a spoiler mention if this gets used?

As for the light level stuff, I would like it because of how destiny handles levels after 20, so OT 21 means it has some light in it.

Maybe we could just put a star in beside the 21 just like it would show ingame.

Destiny |OT★21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef

Hoodbury

The HoWs pun isn't necessary since our House still implies the House of Wolves.

Not following what you mean. It's just that the song is "Our house, in the middle of our street". It's not "Our house, in the middle of the street".

Just saying, it should be "our reef", not "the reef".

Destiny |OT★21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef

If you're going to do it, do it right:

Destiny |OT◊21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef

Not following what you mean. It's just that the song is "Our house, in the middle of our street". It's not "Our house, in the middle of the street".

Wasn't talking about the our/the reef part. That correction was fine.

Was talking about the "Our House, in the..." vs "Our HoWs, in the..." part. The latter seems like it is trying to hard, especially since the H stands for House.

Cant believe how fast ot 20 went. Back to the good ole days. One week till i have something of value to do again

Im not going to get that song out of my head all day now.

Thanks guys

GutZ31

Hmm.
I understand that the song is as such, but I am quite fond of "the" instead of "our" being used twice in the sentence.

I would take it either way of course. The majority will rule on this of course.

ocean

Banned
I am on board with that light symbol. The actual word light would take too much space but using that symbol I think we get a nice reference and it looks nice :)

If you're going to do it, do it right:

Destiny |OT◊21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef

Wasn't talking about the our/the reef part. That correction was fine.

Was talking about the "Our House, in the..." vs "Our HoWs, in the..." part. The latter seems like it is trying to hard, especially since the H stands for House.

Mad semantics
Its funny either way

lmao I just got a message from someone saying they're gonna get me banned for cheating

There is no better compliment than hate mail. What do you suppose bungie does with all the allegded cheating acusations?

Edit: why doesnt it auto translate to english. Or whatever you have your defualt set to?

lmao I just got a message from someone saying they're gonna get me banned for cheating

They recorded it so I'm definitely gonna get banned.

Well, you did get references to pop culture that only 30+ year olds would get, so you are either lying about your age or you are a dirty cheater.

GutZ31

1. Destiny |OT★21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef
2. Destiny |OT◊21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef
3. Destiny |OT★21| Our HoWs, in the middle of the Reef
4. Destiny |OT◊21| Our HoWs, in the middle of our Reef
5. Destiny |OT★21| Our House. in the middle of our Reef
6. Destiny |OT◊21| Our House. in the middle of our Reef

Destiny |OT◊21| Our House, in the middle of our Reef

As Hoodbury said, it's the middle of our street, not the street.

Wallach

Well, someone sent me an invite for Nightfall which wound up actually being Crota HM.

Unfortunately that guy also had to leave before we killed Crota, but on the other hand I killed Crota HM for the first time, then a couple of those guys stuck around and we cleared the Nightfall afterwards. That was pretty cool. Got the helm from Crota, and a Coiled Hiss 1919 from the Nightfall (which has good perks but is a Coiled Hiss 1919, so it's still kinda butt). Wouldn't matter either way since I have a pretty wicked Three Little Words so other legendary PRs are kind of irrelevant for now.

Not sure who it is on GAF that sent me that invite, but thanks anyway! Let me know if you need to do the Nightfall still by this evening, I can probably come help after work.

GutZ31

But it's The Reef not Our Reef. Don't over-think the joke.

This was at least my thought when writing it up.

"The Reef" is what everyone in destiny calls it. We could still call it our reef, but in the destiny universe at least, it sounds somewhat better as "the".

spyder_ur

Do we have any idea if all of the activities will be available right away upon reset next week? I know the Trials is a weekend-only mode, correct? How about the Prison of Elders? Is it locked behind story missions or anything?

Took next Tuesday off so I'm curious.

ERMint13

Do we have any idea if all of the activities will be available right away upon reset next week? I know the Trials is a weekend-only mode, correct? How about the Prison of Elders? Is it locked behind story missions or anything?

POE is locked behind Story Mode....

Haybro

HoW isn't releasing until "after 10AM PST" on Tuesday according to Bungie. I think I'm going to switch to a half day since that's 1PM for me.

Shito

Don't care about the symbol, "Our House, in the middle of the Reef" is the best variation of them all. If only because each time I read it I can't help but read it with the tune of the song in my mind, whereas I don't get this with "Our HoW"...

WipedOut

I'm guessing the strike as well. It's probably tied into the story quest line in the same way Omnigul was.

Looking forward to the full patch notes. :D

I really can't wrap my mind around why they would activate later in the day, 5am would've allowed me to to enjoy the story at a decent pace, now I'm going to be rushing through it to unlock "End Game Content"

Deku Tree

I really can't wrap my mind around why they would activate later in the day, 5am would've allowed me to to enjoy the story at a decent pace, now I'm going to be rushing through it to unlock "End Game Content"

Hopefully you get some decent legendary gifts from completing story mode.

noomi

Yeah, I switched my day off to Wednesday. Will be releasing in my time zone after 1PM and I get home at 3:30PM...

This way I'll have the 19th evening, and all day on the 20th :D

Namikaze1

Game plan for the 19th is to rush through the story 3 times with Breezy and a third before doing PoE 32/34.

Since HoW is being unlocked hours after reset, I doubt the Nightfall for next week will be one ofthe new strikes.

Which pisses me off, since I was hoping to play PoE in breaks of my The Witcher 3 playthrough. Now I'll have to go through the story missions first to do that.

Next couple weeks will be rough, so much to play, so little time to do it.

I ordered a GTX970 from Newegg just for Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom