• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loadouts for Destiny. Best iOS app.

Checking it out right now.

Also does anyone know a fast way to get rid of telemetries. I bought a lot last Fall whenever Xur sold them because I thought they would be so useful. I might keep them just to help level fast for HoW but after that is there a way to discard them without having to wait 30 minutes for every single one?

After all the recent talk I tried out tower ghost and a loadout feature is a huge quality of life improvement for this game. Being able to setup a loadout, hit a button on my phone and have a full set of gear and weapons move between 2 characters is amazing.The bungie app is getting better, but they have a lot of room for improvement. Props to bungie for releasing the API to make these apps possible.

If having to decide between multiple destiny loadout apps I would want to go with Tower Ghost because it also serves for other purposes as well such as item management with loadout being an additional thing it does well.

Lima

Checking it out right now.

Also does anyone know a fast way to get rid of telemetries. I bought a lot last Fall whenever Xur sold them because I thought they would be so useful. I might keep them just to help level fast for HoW but after that is there a way to discard them without having to wait 30 minutes for every single one?

Unfortunately not. Just put them in the vault. You never know when you might need them.

I guess you could put them on a character and delete him if you are really extreme about getting rid of them haha.

Bad Juju any good these days? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Completed the bounty this weekend.

I love running around with the Bad Juju on my Warlock.
Unlock the String of Curses perk to gain more super from kills and you don't have to reload after each kill.
Pair it with Obsidian Mind and you can Nova Bomb all day.

I love running around with the Bad Juju on my Warlock.
Unlock the String of Curses perk to gain more super from kills and you don't have to reload after each kill.
Pair it with Obsidian Mind and you can Nova Bomb all day.

I'm going to run the Crucible section for my wife (she HATES pvp) so she can get Bad Juju. I completely agree that when paired with Obsidian Mind, it could be one of the best pve experiences in the game. Eight Orbs, kill a few enemies, eight Orbs, etc.

I'm going to run the Crucible section for my wife (she HATES pvp) so she can get Bad Juju. I completely agree that when paired with Obsidian Mind, it could be one of the best pve experiences in the game. Eight Orbs, kill a few enemies, eight Orbs, etc.

It can also hold its own in PvP. Especially the auto-reloading is great if you encounter more than one person. Most of them will think that you're out of bullets after killing the first one :)
Although I'm more of a hand cannon guy, Bad Juju has a special place on my Warlock.

noomi

Hey does anyone know about the "Loadouts" iOS app? Does it allow you to transfer stuff to your vault? As far as I could tell it only allowed you to transfer a loadout to one of your toons but not the back to the vault...

Someone at Sony was only thinking about generating new sales and maybe nobody is buying the season pass anymore.

Just started using the loadout app myself and it's really good. I messaged the author on reddit today and he got back to me quickly. Either way the app is great, I recommend it.

This is what he wrote back to me:

Password Security:

The app never sees the actual login or password (although technically it IS possible to capture that data, however it would be a criminal offense from what I know), but it does stores the authentication cookie with bungie.net to access your characters data. While in theory the author (ie me) could code the app to gain access to your b.net account, it beats me why I would do that and what I'd use it for (dismantle your Gjallarhorn? Complete the Crota HM solo for an unsuspecting user? :). So TL;DR: I can assure you the product is completely safe, otherwise you can find and sue me, heh :)

Moving an item with nothing else to put into the slot:

Currently, yes, if there's only one item in the bucket, it will fail. I will improve on the algo so it would try to bring something to equip from the vault or another character, but it's a relatively rare case so not a priority right now.

Move to Vault:

Move to vault function will work backwards: you select the char and it will only show items for that character, then you choose what you want and hit a button to move to the vault. So to a certain extent it's what you asked about. :)

individual character inventory:

There will also be an option to show the location of each item.

It can also hold its own in PvP. Especially the auto-reloading is great if you encounter more than one person. Most of them will think that you're out of bullets after killing the first one :)
Although I'm more of a hand cannon guy, Bad Juju has a special place on my Warlock.

I agree that it can hold its own in PvP. I used it during Iron Banana when I wanted a break from my usual Thorn, Fellwinters, Jolder's, Blink Strike, shotgun to the face, 7..7..7..7..kills. I kid, I kid....
I exclusively used the cheap ass build the entire time.
Making friends on crucible match at a time.

My wife won't play PvP at all. She takes deaths way too personally. She's also way too competitive, especially when I'm racking up kills with my cheap ass build (I typically prefer my bladedancer (as if a blinking Warlock wasn't cheap enough)).

The Necro-Train was awesome, the best fun I've had in Destiny in quite a long time.

To answer your question.

Is The Necrochasm good? God no.

Is a team of Necrochasms good? Nope.

Is a team of Necrochasms hilarious? Yes.

Is going on a 20 game win streak with a full team Necrochasms even more amusing? Yep.

Is prevailing unbroken with a full team of Necrochasms a true showing of skill? No, that was kind of sad actually.
LOL
i feel like bungie has set us upon a quest. a quest to find in what scenario/situation the necrochasm is a good gun, considering that it's "working as intended."

With HOW having a greater emphasis on PVP I was thinking:

Destiny [OT21] Game of Thorns

GIF-agree-nod-okay-satisfied-so-thinking-yes-GIF.gif

ocean

Banned
reset is at regular time, but the actual HoW content won't be release until after 10AM PST...
I think reset will be pushed back too. It'd be strange to have a reset with locked Weekly/Nightfall/Reef/Bounties etc if that's all gated behind HoW.

noomi

I think reset will be pushed back too. It'd be strange to have a reset with locked Weekly/Nightfall/Reef/Bounties etc if that's all gated behind HoW.

Hmm, maybe so. I'm trying to remember how The Dark Below release went? Was it on a Tuesday, and did it unlock right at reset?

Tawpgun

Well there's a new class on HoW: sidearms. They seem to be high RoF/Stability, low impact special weapons for which I can't imagine a use case. Eager to try them out though. Max RoF and Stability sounds like great fun for cleaning trash (although wasting special ammo so quickly sounds strange).

Sidearms sound awesome in PvP. Trash in PvE.

There have been so many times in PvP I wanted to switch to a sidearm like in other shooters. Sidearms should be able to be switched quickly and fire accurate from the hip. Or more accurately than handcannons anyway.

I've spotted a lot of teabaggers as well, but I don't understand why they have to teabag me when they are losing by 10k points. Seems like a new trend.
15 kill spree at start of control match, tea bagged me when i died..

i do not think they "get it"

Rest of the match hunted him down and tea bagged the shit out of him.

ocean

Banned
Hmm, maybe so. I'm trying to remember how The Dark Below release went? Was it on a Tuesday, and did it unlock right at reset?
It was a reset launch with no delay. Nightfall was locked until you did the story missions but the expansion was live at reset.

15 kill spree at start of control match, tea bagged me when i died..

i do not think they "get it"

Rest of the match hunted him down and tea bagged the shit out of him.

Something like this happened in IB as well, the guy that went 1-14 teabagged a member of the GAF train. Needless to say we had a nice little team teabag at the end.

Holy balls, somehow I upgraded my Don't Touch Me, without knowing at all. I have seen the armor in my inventory for months and have not worn it thinking "I don't want to level this so it can be useful."

Just wow, looked at it on Tower Ghost and it had a gold outline and then I went in game to see it fully maxed. I feel as if someone has been leveling my character without me knowing.

I've spotted a lot of teabaggers as well, but I don't understand why they have to teabag me when they are losing by 10k points. Seems like a new trend.

The only time I really get teabagged is because of WoD. I'll kill them a bunch of times, and they eventually come back with their super or just more of them. Just the other game I killed this Titan four times, he comes back and just FoH me finally. Then he starts to dance.

If you keep charging into a WoD against a Defender that has Saint-14 on, you're not too bright.

nOoblet16

Incredible. What was that odd movement just before the R2 slam?. they seemed to be hitting twice
I think it's R2 then super repeated multiple times. When you do a super your R2 slam animation cancels into the super animation so it looks odd.

I donno if it works the same way if you use super and then use super again.

Incredible. What was that odd movement just before the R2 slam?. they seemed to be hitting twice
You can cancel an R2 into your super. That's why you see all those orbs all around (they spent a while setting this up) and that's why it looks like he's double tapping many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom