• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

R2 + Super.

It requires spending tons of time creating orbs where Crota stands before activating the crystal. It looks cool for Youtube but not practical at all.
Yea creating that many orbs must have taken a good 5-10 minutes provided everyone was a titan, you might as well start the encounter and be done with it than this...unless two of them have supers in which case the other two can use the orbs to make orbs for the first two.

So many salty teabaggers lately.

I've spotted a lot of teabaggers as well, but I don't understand why they have to teabag me when they are losing by 10k points. Seems like a new trend.

It's just such a pathetic way for sad people to feel good about themselves while disrespecting others. I suck at PvP and lose a lot, but when I kill someone regardless of whether they've killed me a lot or not, the thought of doing that never even crosses my mind.

15 kill spree at start of control match, tea bagged me when i died..

i do not think they "get it"

Rest of the match hunted him down and tea bagged the shit out of him.

Sadly I don't think he'll learn, and the lesson you taught him will end up making him double down on his shitty behaviour.

-Guardian Lord list has been updated and we finally hit 100 Gaf Lords! Congrats to everyone, from fig to our newest lords Mandrake, HigXx and Wilde aka ZW33.

-Hawkified DGAF user names added to OP. A few other minor OP revisions also.

-As for new OT title, with ~900 posts to go the new front runner is:

Destiny |OT21| Our HoWs, in the middle of the Reef

Apparently I'm slow so can someone explain what the "Light Level 21" thing is supposed to mean? We could incorporate that if enough people like it.
RIP Prison of Elders title

-TLord mega post will top a page today, bet your bottom dollar. Gotta get it in before OT 21, no matter what. Nami's patience will be rewarded!

Have you guys seen this? All 3 classes HM Crota kill with 1 sword.

Not pictured: all the time wasted spent generating orbs. HoW can't come soon enough, not sure how many more Feats of Scrota I can take. Datto has a video called "can Crota be killed with only fusion rifles and no jumping?" or something ;_;

Namikaze1

-Guardian Lord list has been updated and we finally hit 100 Gaf Lords! Congrats to everyone, from fig to our newest lords Mandrake, HigXx and Wilde aka ZW33.

-Hawkified DGAF user names added to OP. A few other minor OP revisions also.

-As for new OT title, with ~900 posts to go the new front runner is:

Apparently I'm slow so can someone explain what the "Light Level 21" thing is supposed to mean? We could incorporate that if enough people like it.
RIP Prison of Elders title

-TLord mega post will top a page today, bet your bottom dollar. Gotta get it in before OT 21, no matter what. Nami's patience will be rewarded!

Not pictured: all the time wasted spent generating orbs. HoW can't come soon enough, not sure how many more Feats of Scrota I can take. Datto has a video called "can Crota be killed with only fusion rifles and no jumping?" or something ;_;
Drizzay, have you forgotten that all levels past 20 in Destiny are Light levels?!

It's why my title suggestions all have |OT Light 21| in them

Namikaze1

So what's today's daily? Please tell me it isn't the final story mission!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( o°o)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯(°□° ╯)
We both knew it would end like this!

I will never be a guardian lord :( But I want to be on that list

*slips Drizz a $20*

No one has to know....
(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . )

Stop trying to cheat the system!

So what's today's daily? Please tell me it isn't the final story mission!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯(°□° ╯)

(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . )

It's Exclusion Zone, quick and easy :)

I will never be a guardian lord :( But I want to be on that list

*slips Drizz a $20*

No one has to know....

When you do the Flawless and the clan trophies, could you... perhaps invite me? I kinda want to try getting it, just afraid I'll cause restarts over and over again...

Thanks to IB I managed to get Triple Play which I never thought I'd get, so I'm just missing the salvage trophy for PvP and the subclasses ones for Hunter and Titan.

When you do the Flawless and the clan trophies, could you... perhaps invite me? I kinda want to try getting it, just afraid I'll cause restarts over and over again...

Thanks to IB I managed to get Triple Play which I never thought I'd get, so I'm just missing the salvage trophy for PvP and the subclasses ones for Hunter and Titan.

I so badly want that trophy, but every time i suggest it my clan tells me to "fuck off" lol

Daemul

It's just such a pathetic way for sad people to feel good about themselves while disrespecting others. I suck at PvP and lose a lot, but when I kill someone regardless of whether they've killed me a lot or not, the thought of doing that never even crosses my mind.

Sadly I don't think he'll learn, and the lesson you taught him will end up making him double down on his shitty behaviour.

The point of teabagging isn't just to brag about a big win, but to get into someone's head and make them angry so that they lose their cool or to get them do something stupid like blindly tracking you down to get revenge, screwing over their team in the process.

If you're already this rattled about getting teabagged, then the teabaggers have already won son, they've already won.

I'm in the same position! Need those clan/flawless trophies!

Have done for the past 6months or so!

I so badly want that trophy, but every time i suggest it my clan tells me to "fuck off" lol

You should totally go for it, it's easier than it sounds. With noomi you already have half a fireteam, and I'm willing to help if you are missing one so that's a 66.6% ready to go team :)

Lothars

I've decided to start playing some on playstation, I am almost up to 20 on my first character and started another character.

also if anyone wants to play my psn is Lothars and always wanting to play with others.

For platinum I still need:
- Flawless
- Salvage
- Max weekly crucible

I usually play most nights between 8 - 11pm EDT if anyone is forming a group.

Also, if they don't bump up the level of CE when HoW drops I think it will pretty easy to solo at level 34.

noomi

What trophies are you missing?

I'm only missing the trophies to fully upgrade titan/warlock subclasses. I've never played either class, I just have 3 hunters.... I know I know, but I just can't be arsed to go through the story again :(

Other than that, a couples of pvp trophies which I could get in like 10min.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ╯(°□° ╯)

(╯°Д°)╯︵ /(.□ . )

Lol, but but but but!

I'm only missing the trophies to fully upgrade titan/warlock subclasses. I've never played either class, I just have 3 hunters.... I know I know, but I just can't be arsed to go through the story again :(

Other than that, a couples of pvp trophies which I could get in like 10min.

Son, I'm disappoint. If you ever decide to make the two other characters I'll help you burn through the story missions.

rNilla

Other than that, a couples of pvp trophies which I could get in like 10min.!

Stay strong Hunter. You needn't know what's it like to be a Warlock.

noomi

Son, I'm disappoint. If you ever decide to make the two other characters I'll help you burn through the story missions.

Yeah, I've been told I'm missing out on a lot of fun. I always wanted to make a titan, but I jus can't bring myself to delete one of my hunters. Being able to get gear quickly is just too good to pass up lol.

750+ hours, only with hunters :p

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. if I ever decide to go ahead and do it, I'll let you know. My quickest 1 - 20 was about 6 hours for one of my hunters :)

Stay strong Hunter. You needn't know what's it like to be a Warlock.

Don't you mean cheeselocks *trollface*

Yeah, I want it badly too. Just don't know if I want to have people screaming at me for fucking it up and having to restart. :p

The point of teabagging isn't just to brag about a big win, but to get into someone's head and make them angry so that they lose their cool or to get them do something stupid like blindly tracking you down to get revenge, screwing over their team in the process.

If you're already this rattled about getting teabagged, then the teabaggers have already won son, they've already won.

I just find it unnecessarily rude, in the game itself I ignore it. But you're right, I shouldn't even care.

I'm in the same position! Need those clan/flawless trophies!

Have done for the past 6months or so!

We really need to have a clan for that. I joined a GAF PS4 trophies clan last year but I never seem to play with anyone in it so I never got any.

You should totally go for it, it's easier than it sounds. With noomi you already have half a fireteam, and I'm willing to help if you are missing one so that's a 66.6% ready to go team :)

You're a Guardian Lord, man! I know for you it's easy. But you don't tend to fall of ledges like I do! :p

noomi

Flawless raider isn't too bad though. Easiest is to do crota normal mode, took our team 2 tries I think.

- 1 person goes into the abyss and solo's it.
- Everyone re spawns at the bridge, do it normally
- Shrieker room, you just take your time and hide from the purple shit the shriekers release
- Deathsinger kind of sucks, this is where we died
- Normal Crota is pretty easy with a bunch of 32's, down in 1.5 swords

Why not Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef ?

The joke still works with 100% less internet-speak.

Since we're mostly in our thirties and fourties and the young'uns are in the minority here, I think a more refined and classic reference like that fits the bill, yes.

Flawless raider isn't too bad though. Easiest is to do crota normal mode, took our team 2 tries I think.

- 1 person goes into the abyss and solo's it.
- Everyone re spawns at the bridge, do it normally
- Shrieker room, you just take your time and hide from the purple shit the shriekers release
- Deathsinger kind of sucks, this is where we died
- Normal Crota is pretty easy with a bunch of 32's, down in 1.5 swords

Or wait until everyone is 34 and it will be a walk in the park.

Why not Destiny |OT21| Our House, in the middle of the Reef ?

The joke still works with 100% less internet-speak.

Either one is fine. It is funny either way.

The only debate is whether we should go with the Light Level thing. I think that is brilliant although a little esoteric. The only thing is that it seems a bit bulky. |OT20, Light Levl 21| etc, seems a bit much to carry forward to future OTs. Maybe abreviate to LL21 or something.

Haybro

It's probably already been discussed/answered, but since HoW isn't dropping until after 10AM PST on the 19th, does that mean we won't be getting the new strike as a nightfall until week 2?

Was omnigul the nightfall for the first week of TDB?

ERMint13

I wanna do flawless raider sometime. I mean, normal mode VOG can't be THAT bad now can it? >.<

NM Crota is much much easier. VOG people still choke on the platforming and it really sucks. It's even worse if someone chokes with the relic inside with the oracles.

Deathsinger on Normal is really the only place you could have an issue but that is more just carelessness then anything.

Well if you find a group giv eme a shout.

Heads up, i fucking suck at the gorgon part and the jumps lol

For the trophy, just do normal CE as noomi suggested, there are not a lot of phases there where you can screw up. And even if you do, it will take max. 20 mins to get to the same point. Titans with Saint-14 will be helpful to block the thrall spawn doors at Ir Yut.

It's probably already been discussed/answered, but since HoW isn't dropping until after 10AM PST on the 19th, does that mean we won't be getting the new strike as a nightfall until week 2?

Was omnigul the nightfall for the first week of TDB?

Good question. Not sure how they reconcile that. Maybe NF is temporarily locked out that day.

Or wait until everyone is 34 and it will be a walk in the park.
34 won't make much, if any, difference on normal Crota. I think the extra defense values might play in a little and higher attack weapons will definitely make a little difference, but it's not like the difference between being a 32 and doing 33 hard Crota. Being 33 will make doing hard Crota much much easier. We'll never see Ogres again.

Yeah, I want it badly too. Just don't know if I want to have people screaming at me for fucking it up and having to restart. :p

I just find it unnecessarily rude, in the game itself I ignore it. But you're right, I shouldn't even care.

We really need to have a clan for that. I joined a GAF PS4 trophies clan last year but I never seem to play with anyone in it so I never got any.

You're a Guardian Lord, man! I know for you it's easy. But you don't tend to fall of ledges like I do! :p

Yeah for sure! I'd be up for that. I'm in a GAF clan but it's like EU 5 or something...

Skirmish sucks like I said before. Getting a 23 K/D is cool though :D

Lima

34 won't make much, if any, difference on normal Crota. I think the extra defense values might play in a little and higher attack weapons will definitely make a little difference, but it's not like the difference between being a 32 and doing 33 hard Crota. Being 33 will make doing hard Crota much much easier. We'll never see Ogres again.

It's not like you see Ogres now if you have a good Swordbearer and a coordinated team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom