• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think it's so bad?

1. Counter-intuitive: Armor is more important to weapon damage than weapons... until you reach the enemy's level. Then, only improved weapons can increase damage while improved armor is meaningless. Your penalty for the first light level below is worse than the next two levels combined.
  2. No In-Game Explanation: Players can't be expected to decipher the spaghetti code that calculates damage dealt/received when extensive guides are required purely to explain how to level, let alone what it means.
  3. Imbalanced: Three levels above is virtually useless while one level below F's you in the A.
  4. Disempowering: Nearing enemy level = I'm heating up! ... At enemy level = I'm on fire!! ... Above enemy level = My game is broken.

It helps replayability of the endgame content that you can't be majorly over leveled... what would be a better leveling system for an RPG shooter?

That's the key: the character's leveling should match the content's leveling.

• Early game content should make you feel overpowered. My Lv32 Titan should patrol earth while grinding Lv2 Dregs into dirt, not have my weapon's strength artificially capped with puny grey hit markers.
  • End game content should always be at the player level cap so you can never be over-leveled.
  • End game content should NEVER NEVER EVER be above the player level cap so you aren't forced to be under-leveled. Especially if they insist on a severe penalty, which is understandable to compel players through each leveling progression.
  • Nevertheless, use a smoother damage scaling between player and enemy levels. Each level above or below should matter. The hard cap against players 4 levels down is fine to restrict players jumping too many levels at once (i.e. a Lv20 getting 36 Light armor from CE).
  • Critically, encounter design must be based around these rules. Crota's fate was sealed when they made an even-leveled player do ~10% damage with a single R2 smack. The design trivialized itself as "end game" content. Hence Lv33 HM Scrota was born... although putting every enemy at Lv33 is baffling.

Bungie expected to have enough end game PvE content that they could leave VoG behind. Clearly that hasn't happened for whatever reason(s). The solution is to bring VoG up to each new level cap, not restrict player empowerment in a nonsensical way.

Bungie Twitch Channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie

I just made a DGAF Chat Room. Should be open for anyone who wants to hop in there (hopefully). It's the chat room called "DestinyGAF = The Best."

That light level post will surely be buried in HoW Hype but that's okay, sometimes I just get a little carried away...

Bungie Twitch Channel here:

http://www.twitch.tv/bungie

I just made a DGAF Chat Room. Should be open for anyone who wants to hop in there (hopefully). It's the chat room called "DestinyGAF = The Best."

That light level post will surely be buried in HoW Hype but that's okay, sometimes I just get a little carried away...

it's xur day all over again lol. can always resurrect discussions after hype dies.

where are you guys seeing these chats though

Omni

My twitch username is randomrosso

If there's a group chat going, can I grab an invite? Anything is better than the default one.

my god that twitch chat is insane... just going to go ahead and close it, thanks.

If you hit the "view all rooms" button on the top of the twitch chat you can create a new private room and invite people by username. Not sure if it's needed since there's no interest lol

If people post their Twitch username here I'll invite them, since it sounds like an invite is required. Although I set it to have "Public Invites Enabled" whatever that means.

Never made a private chat room before, haha.

Impala26

I won't be able to see the stream but I hope they don't show the douche standing idly by somewhere in the reef social space.

"Yeaasss... what do YOU want, Guardian?"
"I don't know why I'm bothering with you, you'll be dead within the week anyway."
"Bye-bye, take care now, come back soon... or don't... that would be preferable."

Namikaze1

If they show the douche, don't tell me. I'm hoping the stream will be archived so that I can watch it upon returning from grocery shopping.

Rhaegar

If people post their Twitch username here I'll invite them, since it sounds like an invite is required. Although I set it to have "Public Invites Enabled" whatever that means.

Can you invite me? Twitch name is Drfunk52

noomi

twitch name is tw1stx

ich00

I wanted to just post a quick thanks to everyone on the alt-team(and those who were not) that raided last night:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
2) austinjohnson34 (ich00's friend)
3) T-44 aka LTWood12 (gogon & crota only)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) (gogon & crota only)
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
6) Rayuma

7) ShikiAoi (full VoG Run)
8) eljohnnyblaze (full VoG Run)

9)happypanda999 (2x's Atheon kills)
10)thenal84 (2x's Atheon kills)

I think it RNG rained exotics on us (Universal Remotes, Thunderlord, Red Deaths, Ice Breaker, Vexs, maybe more?) and wasn't picky on where it gave them at. Happypanda got his first 2 Atheon kills, and was super excited about the sparrow he got, which was really awesome to hear, it got me excited for him. Austin, not only was a sword ninja, but got his first 3 Vexs. T-44 playing as LT got the ever elusive chest piece that he needed. All and all a good run and I think everyone got something the needed / wanted.

Wait you can't watch the stream because your going to be Grocery shopping?

where else is he going to get all that
salt.png

Ryck

Still 30 minutes left, anyone got Gorgon HM CP and Deathsinger NM CP?
I got both

Ryck007

I wanted to just post a quick thanks to everyone on the alt-team(and those who were not) that raided last night:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
2) austinjohnson34 (ich00's friend)
3) T-44 aka LTWood12 (gogon & crota only)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) (gogon & crota only)
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
6) Rayuma

7) ShikiAoi (full VoG Run)
8) eljohnnyblaze (full VoG Run)

9)happypanda999 (2x's Atheon kills)
10)thenal84 (2x's Atheon kills)

I think it RNG rained exotics on us (Universal Remotes, Thunderlord, Red Deaths, Ice Breaker, Vexs, maybe more?) and wasn't picky on where it gave them at. Happypanda got his first 2 Atheon kills, and was super excited about the sparrow he got, which was really awesome to hear, it got me excited for him. Austin, not only was a sword ninja, but got his first 3 Vexs. T-44 playing as LT got the ever elusive chest piece that he needed. All and all a good run and I think everyone got something the needed / wanted.

Im down to help out if you need anything. Ryck007 pretty sure we are already friends and have played together before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom