• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vctor182

The hand cannon nerf hurt the Hawkmoon way more than the Thorn because the Thorn kept the same DOT. Before the nerf, the Hawkmoon seemed to kill more consistently at range for me. Now I rely on the the Thorn's DOT to do that for me.

What are you guys talking about? Hawkmoon is still a sniper on disguise. I prefer Hawkmoon over Thorn and probably my gameplay has adjusted to it. Thorn is very good, it was my main PvP weapon before I got Hawkmoon it has a fast rate of fire and DoT is a pain in the ass.
I don't know why but after the update I feel they tweaked a bit the hand cannon accuracy or the range because before, my first shot would often miss if I was too far away but now I can get precision hits more easily.

That said, TLW has really grown on me and is becoming my second favorite PvP weapon. I don't use it in open maps like Shores, Blind watch but in Burning or Anomaly it's really great.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
am posting a thread later today for the house of wolves reveal. is nothing fancy but i did put some time into it in an effort to weed out the inevitable drive by posts. i think people are less likely to do that if a thread looks somewhat professional.

that aside, it's unfortunate to see a site that's supposed to pride itself on 'civil discourse', or at least maintain somewhat serious discussion degenerate into the same arguments whenever this game is mentioned. i feel like we can't even criticize the game anymore because it's not negative enough.

The quality of discourse on GAF has literally gone to shit as we've allowed for more users to be on the site and the issue is that bans haven't gotten really lenient recently, members are more readily accepted, and there is no encouragement of intelligent conversations as most posts are merely drive-by. GAF becomes GFAQs every single day. It's really disappointing to see that the site I used to know and love 6 years ago no longer exists.

Nuszka

Soon enough we'll all be chasing new gear from Prison of Elders. I myself cannot wait to have another carrot on the stick to go after :D

Yeah cannot wait, i actually started preparations for HoW, going to max out on all classes for marks and enough cleared bounties to get me up a vanguard level. Can not wait for the reveal today , unfortunately i will be at work , but will check everything after i get home. Are we still up for tonight? Some NF or whatever lol

Lima

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OEo9Yi1wg

post-24099-well-thereuxugj.gif

Basically fuck you all who thought I wouldn't do it. I said I would do it I am a man of my word. Keep doing Oracles from up top you pussies.

noomi

Yeah cannot wait, i actually started preparations for HoW, going to max out on all classes for marks and enough cleared bounties to get me up a vanguard level. Can not wait for the reveal today , unfortunately i will be at work , but will check everything after i get home. Are we still up for tonight? Some NF or whatever lol

Should be a lot of fun, I will have a bunch of 5K bounties on each character ready to turn in for quick XP leveling :D There are a few weapons I wanted to level before HoW but I just don't have it in me right now.

Yes, I will be on around 6PM for some good old destiny fun, send me a msg on PSN if I'm not on. See you soon!

phen0m24

I would pay the Speajer a few hundred notes for a class item that awarded rep to multiple factions at once.

I would pay to convert all of my Vanguard Marks to New Monarchy marks...

So many Vanguard marks...

HOLY CRAP LIMA

That's as bad as Todd's PF.
Screw it, it's worse. :(

Awesome.

I hope they don't leave any details out when they explain the upgrade path system. I want to know what I want to stock up on before May 19th.

I can almost gurantee the upgrade path will be exclusive to HoW. some new currency tied to PoE. otherwise all the materials and what not we have been stockpiling for months will allow us to hit max level within minutes of release. there is no way they make it that easy. either way only a few more hours before we find out. I am super stoked. stockpiling mats and marks in the meantime.

...what do you mean she?

oh god........

Today's Penny Arcade comic is about Destiny, but I totally don't get the reference:

i-gDc9Njn-1050x10000.jpg

Anybody feel like explaining this one to me? Reddit says it's a guy who spawns sometime during the Omnigul strike...

Today's Penny Arcade comic is about Destiny, but I totally don't get the reference:

Anybody feel like explaining this one to me? Reddit says it's a guy who spawns sometime during the Omnigul strike...

I just see it as all the enemies people constantly skip over during missions/strikes lol

noomi

i-gDc9Njn-1050x10000.jpg

Hah, many of us can basically chose to skip certain enemies/fights/encounters to get to the loot quicker.

For example, killing all the majors and ultras after the deathsinger fight, you can just die and it will start the crota fight. Or running through RoC strikes skipping enemy areas :p

After 750 hours and playing the raids/rocs hundreds of time, you just kind of want to get on with it sometimes :p

At least that's what I get from it.

Rhaegar

It's snowing out again.

Any other Wisconsinites in here?

*raises hand*

Have been living in the San Francisco bay area for the last 3 years, but moving back to Milwaukee in June. Snow or not, can't wait to get back home. I'm finishing up my training as a physician, and even with that would be hard-pressed to be able to afford a home in this market.

Screw that, I'll retreat to the "flyover" states and run my own fiefdom.

Too much hype.

CGI fest. A lot of forced humor. Mindless action. The final 30 minutes eye terrible, I was yawning.

Some scenes were good, die hard comic book fans will probably enjoy it more.

isnt this out next week. I know your 12 hours ahead of the states but. a full week ahead?

Bout time. Nice to see you finally man up.

Even I was watching the thread during my ban to see if you did it lol.

Hi, DGAF ('_')/

CUCO! noce to see you back, I thuoght you just bailed with BB. didnt know you got banned. I couldnt stay away on my last banning either.

Hah, many of us can basically chose to skip certain enemies/fights/encounters to get to the loot quicker.

For example, killing all the majors and ultras after the deathsinger fight, you can just die and it will start the crota fight. Or running through RoC strikes skipping enemy areas :p

After 750 hours and playing the raids/rocs hundreds of time, you just kind of want to get on with it sometimes :p

So if you kill the deathsinger and then just die you have the checkpoint and respawn in the crystal room? Then your drops happen? I wish I had this info before last night. We had five people down and only one left and it took forever to get to the point where it gave us the drop.

So if you kill the deathsinger and then just die you have the checkpoint and respawn in the crystal room? Then your drops happen? I wish I had this info before last night. We had five people down and only one left and it took forever to get to the point where it gave us the drop.

after death singer is down you still have to kill until the loot drops. Once it does you can wipe.

worst fight for skipping is valus. EVERYONE runs passed the first room and i'm always the one who dies from the guy with the turret.

Feast on this asymmetry

i think your link redirected to the homepage

Shito

worst fight for skipping is valus. EVERYONE runs passed the first room and i'm always the one who dies from the guy with the turret.
I usually die there because my sparrow gets wrecked by lightswitch... only if I have a "complete a strike without dying" bounty, though, because otherwise I get through just fine on my first try...

I want to help you. I can help you run crota on normal tomorrow. First two areas can net you two pieces of gear.

Ryck007

Usually on in the mornings (10am pst) till the late afternoon daily.
Dude ! You're awesome. My Psn is Japanmanx3. I'll try to coordinate with you later this afternoon once in off work. Thanks so much.

nOoblet16

Want to form up a posse for HM Crota or Atheon NM and HM. Anyone up ? (Will need checkpoints, I only have Hard Gorgons)

1) nOoblet16
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom