• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

The quality of discourse on GAF has literally gone to shit as we've allowed for more users to be on the site and the issue is that bans haven't gotten really lenient recently, members are more readily accepted, and there is no encouragement of intelligent conversations as most posts are merely drive-by. GAF becomes GFAQs every single day. It's really disappointing to see that the site I used to know and love 6 years ago no longer exists.

Quality GAF still exists in sub communities in mega threads like this one and others.

Yeah if you dive into the latest from page news thread then you get a lot of stupid drive by samey posts over and over. But I stay out of those other than to read the news in the OP most of the time.

Edit: Top of Page: Hard to top this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OEo9Yi1wg

post-24099-well-thereuxugj.gif

Basically fuck you all who thought I wouldn't do it. I said I would do it I am a man of my word. Keep doing Oracles from up top you pussies.

Today's Penny Arcade comic is about Destiny, but I totally don't get the reference:

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-gDc9Njn/0/1050x10000/i-gDc9Njn-1050x10000.jpg[IMG]

Anybody feel like explaining this one to me? Reddit says it's a guy who spawns sometime during the Omnigul strike...[/QUOTE]

Reddit is referencing that Skywatch area during the Omnigul strike. If you stand out in the open long enough, a Hive Ship ports in and drops off a named miniboss. The problem is it takes way too long for the Hive ship to port in and drop off the enemy. So most people just head into the Jovian complex not even realizing they just skipped a miniboss.

I'm using the term Miniboss very lightly.

July but things may change...

Maybe around HoW...

Or AoU...

its harder to spot you in the threads without your old avatar. with that said. if Lima can dismantle 3 horns, todd his beloved HoPF, you can wear that douche loud and proud

Reddit is referencing that Skywatch area during the Omnigul strike. If you stand out in the open long enough, a Hive Ship ports in and drops off a named miniboss. The problem is it takes way too long for the Hive ship to port in and drop off the enemy. So most people just head into the Jovian complex not even realizing they just skipped a miniboss.

huh, didnt even know he was there. I always see the ship coming in but just thuoght it was normal skywatch business

Want to form up a posse for HM Crota or Atheon NM and HM. Anyone up ? (Will need checkpoints, I only have Hard Gorgons)

1) nOoblet16
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Bumping so people can see this (won't be able to join). I hope you guys beat it yesterday--sorry I had to head out to class.

Deku Tree

Would that just be urzok?

Namikaze1

its harder to spot you in the threads without your old avatar. with that said. if Lima can dismantle 3 horns, todd his beloved HoPF, you can wear that douche loud and proud
I think I found a way to use my old avatar while keeping this one...

The bet was I have to keep the douche as my avatar for 3 months. As long as that douche is part of the avatar I'm working on, I'm still keeping my word! To photoshop!

I know what ship you are talking about, but I never assume anything special came out of it. . yea I never once fought that guy. This is an example of terrible design (not the whole strike--even though that strike sucks).

you guys and your silly bets

he's like the hive police - shows up late and waits for backup

Would that just be urzok?

huh, didnt even know he was there. I always see the ship coming in but just thuoght it was normal skywatch business

I know what ship you are talking about, but I never assume anything special came out of it. . yea I never once fought that guy. This is an example of terrible design (not the whole strike--even though that strike sucks).

he's like the hive police - shows up late and waits for backup

Nope, not Urzok. it's name something like "Defender of the Will"

Because of how the level scales in Skywatch, It's pretty easy to 2 shot him.

Namikaze1

There's no good picture of him on the web!

This is my "It's Wednesday and I'm drunk because I'm celebrating the fact I am done typing 25 pages and PowerPoint is fucking done for my final project" attempt:

CDNeSJrVIAA0kAg.png:orig

I mean I could make a Gaf Twitch chat thing. Not too tricky. Sounds like part of my OT obligations anyway. Might be better to have immediate reaction stuff in there and then post the actually interesting tidbits over here instead of just spamming this thing with a bunch of people posting the same info.

But that's no way to hit OT21 before HoW...

When does this start East coast time?

2pm EST. 50 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom