• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New upgrade item, Etheric Light, from end game activities (Prison, Nightfall, Osiris, Iron Banner) is needed to upgrade an item to the HoW level damage/light.

300 > 365 Fatebringer :D

No more Xur needed to upgrade exotics

You can reach level 34 without the DLC.

No losing perks when you upgrade stuff. New material called 'Etheric Light' gained from endgame activities.

Mythoclast upgradable to 365 damage. FEEL THE BURN.

willow ve

Wait no Etheric whatever thing for Exotics? I got lost there for a second.

Seemed like you need exotic shards to max an exotic - need Etheric to "upgrade" to 365.

----

Gunsmith can reforge any weapon?
Costs glimmer, weapon parts, and motes of light

-No commendations to buy vendor weapon, only marks.

-New currency called Etheric Light available from PoE and ToO used to upgrade ANY LEGENDARY EVER to 365 attack or Lv34 Light level. Vanilla and TDB vendor legendaries, VoG and CE legendaries, etc.

-Upgrade exotic weapons to 365 Attack with Exotic Shards, no Etheric Light (I think?)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
VoG armor can be leveled to 34?! I sharded the gauntlets I got yesterday!! ?UGH

nowai

v4tb.jpg

r4tb.jpg

s4tb.png

t4tb.jpg

Few more SS.

-No commendations to buy vendor weapon, only marks.

-New currency called Etheric Light available from PoE and ToO used to upgrade ANY LEGENDARY EVER to 365 attack or Lv34 Light level. Vanilla and TDB vendor legendaries, VoG and CE legendaries, etc.

-Upgrade exotic weapons to 365 Attack with Exotic Shards, no Etheric Light (I think?)

Wow, we will have a shit ton of 365 Exotics out of the gate.

I now regret dismantling so many of my old legendaries.

Reroll is the perfect mat sink to coincide with mat exchange. We can finally use everything. The economy overhaul is looking fantastic.

Dave_6

Holy shit, just listening to this has got me hyped (busy at work). Hopefully I can watch all this later.

Being able to upgrade ANY weapon (Vanguard, Crucible, Raid) and reforge is fucking awesome.

Bungie nailed the Upgrade Systems. "We are listening" isn't sarcastic this time.

GG Bungie, for real. Great stuff. Now we just need content to use all that gear in...

Shito

That was a pretty nice showing, I find.
I'm happy about being able to upgrade *any* legendary, and also happy that the currency for doing so is not raid / arena only. The exchange system is nice, and they listened and finally gave us the option to reforge the new legendary weapons.
There are still some weaknesses to adress, obviously, but I feel this DLC is going in the right direction: these should add to the end-game. The reforging alone will.
Also, Gothalion was really great: likable and asking all the important questions.

cilonen

That was rad. I liked almost everything they showed about upgrading, reforming and swapping mats around.

It addressed a lot of the concerns I had too. Good stuff.

I just worry I won't enjoy PoE as much as raiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom