• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RdN

I wonder if Etheric Light drops will be so frustrating as the Radiant materials were for Crota.

It they drop in really low quantities, and being necessary for both armor and weapons, it suck.

hoggert

Cool, no more commendation bullshit (hopefully, at least.) So annoying burning marks on planetary mats simply to not hit cap.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish Exotics didn't cost 8k glimmer to upgrade. That just seems so unnecessary now, other than to just force people to glimmer farm on day 1 to upgrade their exotics when the DLC launches.

ocean

Banned
Bungie nailed the Upgrade Systems. "We are listening" isn't sarcastic this time.

GG Bungie, for real. Great stuff. Now we just need content to use all that gear in...

We rip them to pieces when they mess up so I think it's fair we recognize they've done well here. I expected a slightly less punishing and ridiculous upgrade system but nothing remotely this user-friendly. Bravo, Bungie lurkers. You got the message.

I just hope Etheric Light isn't too rare of a drop. If it ends up being something you can only get 1-2 of a week, upgrading will take a pretty long time. Even then it'd be infinitely superior to waiting on Xur for the upgrade possibility, paying 1/3 the glimmer cap AND losing all progression.

Oh, and reforge came out of the blue. Sounds like the kind of thing we'd all love to have and they would stubbornly ignore. Really really positive surprises on that stream!

someday

Banned
Wow, the changes for mats and reforging are all amazing. This actually means the daily won't be so useless anymore.

Really, really wish I hadn't dismantled my Shadow Price now though...

Kwakye94

Neo Member
Looks like I'm gonna need to start running VOG again, and i'm gonna need 1 of each character now, no more double hunters! That titan gear looks good!

Pleasantly surprised by the new upgrade/reforge mechanics introduced. It looks like a far more reasonable system than the one we have right now.

RetroMG

So, I can use my numerous exotics shards to upgrade current exotics?

So I was confused by this, but it looked to me like you can use Exotic Shards to upgrade pre-DB exotics to 331, (without having to go see Xur,) but then you will need to get an Etheric Light to go all the way up to 365.

Anyone have any thoughts? The Gjallarhorn he upgraded using an Exotic Shard looked like a pre-DB Gjallarhorn.

cilonen

I didn't hear, but are Destination mats also exchangable with other mats? Or are they still only purchasable with Marks.

They weren't part of the speaker's material exchange inventory so it looks like they're not exchangeable but they didn't go to all of the vendors in the tower so there's still hope.

Lnkn52

So I was confused by this, but it looked to me like you can use Exotic Shards to upgrade pre-DB exotics to 331, (without having to go see Xur,) but then you will need to get an Etheral orb or whatever to go all the way up to 365.

Anyone have any thoughts? The Gjallarhorn he upgraded using an Exotic Shard looked like a pre-DB Gjallarhorn.

You need Exotic Shards to upgrade to 365. Legendary upgrades require the new Etheric light.

Rehsa

Lots of good stuff there. I like the perks up in those screenshots, looks like target mark is being pulled from Abyss and can be used in the other guns. I am glad they dropped reforging down to 1 mote.

Also they are getting rid of the damage upgrade bubbles and armor upgrade bubbles and just keeping the perks? Or do you think they will be added back in later?

Dave_6

That's awesome, I have tons of exotics I'm too lazy to upgrade the current way.

Actually after looking I have 19 and one more weapon to shard (got yet another Mida last night). I keep getting dups but not the first Thunderlord...

M3Rocket

Everything is so positive for a change! :)

I'm still not sure we'll ever get a trading system. Didn't help that two out of the three of them on the stream was against having one.

So I was confused by this, but it looked to me like you can use Exotic Shards to upgrade pre-DB exotics to 331, (without having to go see Xur,) but then you will need to get an Etheric Light to go all the way up to 365.

Yep, basically they removed the Xur upgrade system for old exotics and you can now do it from inventory using an exotic shard (and some weapon parts?).

Upgrading anything to 365 (legendaries/exotics) will require etheric light which can be obtained through NF, PoE and ToO.

cilonen

His Gjally wasn't levelled at all so the ascendancy upgrade only took him to 330. It looked like you need a shard to ascend exotics and ethereal light to ascend legendaries.

Shito

Also, that PoE auto rifle had awesome stats.
High rof and high impact, that's weird creating such a weapon after all their complaints that people used auto rifles too much. ^^

Rehsa

Yep, basically they removed the Xur upgrade system for old exotics and you can now do it from inventory using an exotic shard (and some weapon parts?).

Upgrading anything to 365 (legendaries/exotics) will require etheric light which can be obtained through NF, PoE and ToO.

Oh I missed that you can get it from the NF, will that replace shards and energies then? That would be nice

M3Rocket

They weren't part of the speaker's material exchange inventory so it looks like they're not exchangeable but they didn't go to all of the vendors in the tower so there's still hope.

There were two repeats in the mat exchange screen when they showed it. I'm thinking those were placeholders for a couple of new mats exchange.

Still, what are we to do with the worthless commendations now?

Lnkn52

But didn't DeeJ use the etheric light to bring the Mythoclast up to 365? Or is that particular exotic a special case?

qH1iXt6.png

Few more SS.

Awesome SS's, thanks!

Reroll is the perfect mat sink to coincide with mat exchange. We can finally use everything. The economy overhaul is looking fantastic.

Obviously it shouldn't have taken as big of a misstep as TDB's system, but there's no question they corrected course and nailed it big time. Listened to almost every community input about stream lining the process and introducing compelling depreciated currency sinks.

They even understood that Ass Shards are generally the most plentiful depreciated currency players have and used that as the conversion to Motes which will be the most useful sink, for reforging weapons. Combined with very reasonable costs of 50 glimmer to exchange Ass Shard --> Mote, and I think 250 glimmer + 1 Mote per reforge.

The only potential snafu is the Etheric Light drop rates for different activities.

But didn't DeeJ use the etheric light to bring the Mythoclast up to 365? Or is that particular exotic a special case?

Or maybe not? Man, is the stream archived? I need to go watch that part again.

Legendary upgrades require 750 glimmer, 20 planet materials, 1 Etheric Light.
Exotic upgrades require 1500 glimmer, 25 weapon parts, 1 exotic shard.

At least, that on the weapons they showed.

123rl

Legendary upgrades require 750 glimmer, 20 planet materials, 1 Etheric Light.
Exotic upgrades require 1500 glimmer, 25 weapon parts, 1 exotic shard.

At least, that on the weapons they showed.
That's actually reasonable and much better than I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom