• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get to watch the whole stream so some details are shaky.

I have about a half dozen exotics pending the final node for upgrade. Am I wasting a shard putting it in now or does it not matter? I need to plan this out ahead of time.

cilonen

Oh I missed that you can get it from the NF, will that replace shards and energies then? That would be nice

I think you'll still need hem to fill out all the normal upgrade bubbles we already have. The ascendant upgrade is just that extra kick up to the highest level, of course from the stream we saw you can do that ascendant upgrade first then fill out everything else over time too.

Impala26

qH1iXt6.png

Ah okay, thanks, good to know!

M3Rocket

Wow, the changes for mats and reforging are all amazing. This actually means the daily won't be so useless anymore.

Really, really wish I hadn't dismantled my Shadow Price now though...

Fortunately, I kept mine since it was high impact together with a Grim Citizen III. I think they're gonna be great at 365!

M3Rocket

trading would break the game

I can see that. It would take a convoluted trading system to make it work I think. Something like you can only trade with your RAID team before going back to orbit, and only for weapons that dropped during that RAID. And only like-for-like--exotic for exotic, legendary-for-legendary. Something along those lines. Probably too convoluted to ever become reality.

guys they're really doing it

they're fixing and makign Destiny Better

guys I don't need any other game

fuck bloodborne
fuck mkx
fuck no ma-

ok maybe that one will have a special place.

Wow. I'm loving this archive of the stream so far.

Hyped.

• Not losing progress on upgrades.
  • Upgrading VoG gears/weapons and CE
  • Upgrading anytime without Xur!
  • Making all old mats relevant with exchanges
  • Reforging!!!!!
  • PvP Endgame!

Dynamic Arena, i'll take with a grain of salt until I see it, but awesome!

Legendary upgrades require 750 glimmer, 20 planet materials, 1 Etheric Light.
Exotic upgrades require 1500 glimmer, 25 weapon parts, 1 exotic shard.

At least, that on the weapons they showed.

Seems like it is easier to upgrade exotics than legendary (20 planet material > 25 weapon parts).

Hyped.

• PvP Endgame!

Wait what? Can you explain more, what did I miss?

CLBridges

Couldn't really pay attention to the live stream but I'll watch the archive or youtube once I get home. Seems Bungie really listened and HoW will be a much better presentation than TDB, can't wait until Prison of Elders preview. Keep up the good news Bungie!

M3Rocket

So day 1 of HoW you can upgrade all exotic weapons to 365. Wonder if that applies to Exotic armor as well (assuming it does).

Not quite--seems like the weapon will need to be maxed out first. Then you can use an Etheric Light to upgrade the max attack to 365 from whatever the max is currently. Like Vex is now 323. If you only have the bubbles green rimmed but not filled, you can't use an Etheric Light on it. That's why Deej couldn't upgrade a couple of the weapons that were "given" to him.

Hyped.

• Not losing progress on upgrades.
  • Upgrading VoG gears/weapons and CE
  • Upgrading anytime without Xur!
  • Making all old mats relevant with exchanges
  • Reforging!!!!!
  • PvP Endgame!

It seemed that mats can be exhanged for only other certain mats or glimmer?

Shito

I don't know how, but Shadow Price is the 1 Legendary I have that survived my mass purge.

I am going to miss my A.1F19X-RYL. Such a wonderful scout rifle.
My first Etheric Light will probably go to my beloved...

PiNSX7o.png

I dabbled with other guns in the meantime, but our love story is ready to begin anew...

I'm positively surprised, a lot of these changes are awesome. Really like the mats exchange for motes of light, especially with ToO around the corner.
Also, I'm really happy that I didn't max out a lot of exotics for nothing. Finally, reforging at the gunsmith was a highly needed feature.
Does anyone know if you can only reforge vendor weapons? I missed that part, while trying to kill a boss in Borderlands :p

cilonen

Not quite--seems like the weapon will need to be maxed out first. Then you can use an Etheric Light to upgrade the max attack to 365 from whatever the max is currently. Like Vex is now 323. If you only have the bubbles green rimmed but not filled, you can't use an Etheric Light on it. That's why Deej couldn't upgrade a couple of the weapons that were "given" to him.

Nah, for exotics you only need an exotic shard and he forgot to pick up weapon parts which is the material requirement. The screen grabs are just up the page a bit.

rNilla

Exotics don't require Etheric Light. They require an Exotic Shard instead.

M3Rocket

I'm positively surprised, a lot of these changes are awesome. Really like the mats exchange for motes of light, especially with ToO around the corner.
Also, I'm really happy that I didn't max out a lot of exotics for nothing. Finally, reforging at the gunsmith was a highly needed feature.
Does anyone know if you can only reforge vendor weapons? I missed that part, while trying to kill a boss in Borderlands :p

Reforging only for new HoW weapons.

I think it is just the vendor weapons. You won't be able to reforge a pre-HoW legendary.

Homeboyd

Does anyone have a list of all the new gear perks they showed? Saw a few sweet new ones.. like white nail equivalent for a regular legendary handgun.

Impala26

As far as I could tell, all legendary and exotic weapons could be "ascended" to 365 by etheric light and exotic shards, respectively, plus planet mats and weapon parts, respectively plus glimmer.

I believe they said reforging was only available to the HoW vendor weapons, yes.

EDIT: And beaten like a rented mule!

Rehsa

I think you'll still need hem to fill out all the normal upgrade bubbles we already have. The ascendant upgrade is just that extra kick up to the highest level, of course from the stream we saw you can do that ascendant upgrade first then fill out everything else over time too.

I was thinking more along the line of rewards from the NF. Will they finally take Shards and Energies out of the loot table and put in the new material

That's one expensive ship:

xFw5vX1.png

Shit, maybe they will up the glimmer cap, else that is a lot of grinding just for a ship. And the 1500 per exotic instead of 7500 will help with glimmer problems

Also, did anyone else notice the gunsmith selling telemetries? Wonder what they cost now that they aren't with Xur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom