• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Rocket

Nah, for exotics you only need an exotic shard and he forgot to pick up weapon parts which is the material requirement. The screen grabs are just up the page a bit.

Exotics don't require Etheric Light. They require an Exotic Shard instead.

Yep--missed that detail! But I'm not sure you can upgrade to 365 without maxing out all the bubbles first? Currently, the last bubble needs an exotic shard. So that makes it 2 exotic shards to bring it to 365.

Legendary's OTOH, require Etheric Light to upgrade to 365.

Can you buy them or are they RNG? Please , god, don't tell me they are RNG. I'm so damn tired of RNG in this game....

they look purchasable so far

queens wrath has 4 shaders

house of judgement has 5 shaders

haven't even seen trials of osiris of prison of elders shaders yet

im maxed on shader slots on all my characters

this house of judgement auto rifle looks pretty slick.. wonder if it has field scout

Reforging only for new HoW weapons.

I think it is just the vendor weapons. You won't be able to reforge a pre-HoW legendary.

As far as I could tell, all legendary and exotic weapons could be "ascended" to 365 by etheric light and exotic shards, respectively, plus planet mats and weapon parts, respectively plus glimmer.

I believe they said reforging was only available to the HoW vendor weapons, yes.

EDIT: And beaten like a rented mule!

Thanks guys, that's what I thought as well. Makes sense, although I wouldn't mind a Fang with Firefly :p

Yep--missed that detail! But I'm not sure you can upgrade to 365 without maxing out all the bubbles first? Currently, the last bubble needs an exotic shard. So that makes it 2 exotic shards to bring it to 365.

I think you can, he could upgrade that Gjallarhorn.

Axoman

Everything initially sounds good to me, but I'm just worried how scarce this Etheric Light will be.

I thought Deej said you can only get it from Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner.

I don't want to have to play PVP to get the majority of this new material.

Dave_6

Everything initially sounds good to me, but I'm just worried how scarce this Etheric Light will be.

I thought Deej said you can only get it from Prison of Elders, Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner.

I think they're also available from NFs.

Legendary upgrades require 750 glimmer, 20 planet materials, 1 Etheric Light.
Exotic upgrades require 1500 glimmer, 25 weapon parts, 1 exotic shard.

At least, that on the weapons they showed.

is xur still the only one that can upgrade exotics, are are we gonna have all exotics at 365 day one?

some questions?

they showed off some of the PoE weopons. do the primaries have elemntal damage or are they like iron banner?

did the tower vendors stock change or is it the same as TDB?

did they show off any new exotics?

I really want to watch this.....

Lnkn52

In all the talk of upgrades, did they upgrade any Armor? I assume Legendary is also Etheric Light and Exotic takes shards?

I don't think so.

MZ0zt7h.png

cilonen

You can do the ascendancy upgrade (the new one) whenever you like it looked like, but yeah the weapon won't be 365 unless all the other bubbles are filled including the last one, so yeah for an un-maxed exotic it looks like it'll be two shards needed total.

Karl2177

this house of judgement auto rifle looks pretty slick.. wonder if it has field scout
Chatterblack drops every time you run Prison of Elders.

Shito

It's apparently also a possible NF drop.

We don't have a lot of details, but considering a CE raid can land you with 1-3 Armor pieces per attempt, I expect the Etheric Light to be a similar drop rate.

M3Rocket

I think you can, he could upgrade that Gjallarhorn.

I don't think it makes sense that you can upgrade exotics to 365 without first maxing it out? Like everything else, I think the box will pop-up telling you what you need to fill the bubble, but I didn't see any of them convert a non-maxed out weapon (all bubbles filled) to 365 in that video.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww yisssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

Now they just need to make all of them buyable!

Boy am I glad I kept my Grim Citizen around, loved that weapon!

Bungie really surprised me with these changes, now let's hope the actual content is up to par as well.

Reworking the Queen's Wrath event behind a DLC paywall is weak sauce though.

Impala26

You can do the ascendancy upgrade (the new one) whenever you like it looked like, but yeah the weapon won't be 365 unless all the other bubbles are filled including the last one, so yeah for an un-maxed exotic it looks like it'll be two shards needed total.

So I wonder then if unlike in TDB, new exotic and weapon drops won't actually have increased max stats. What stats did the vendor weapons they showed have again?

Yay I feel asleep and missed the stream.

From the comments looks like the changes are great and welcome by most players.

Anyone link a YouTube video to the stream?

Edit: nvm got it

Also, I have close to 1800 ass mats in my vault. How rich does that make me in glimmer terms?

Impala26

Anyone link a YouTube video yo the stream?

Also, I have close to 1800 ass mats in my vault. How rich does that make me in glimmer terms?

At a mat to 250 glimmer rate that's...

wow 450,000 glimmer.

Lnkn52

Anyone link a YouTube video yo the stream?

1800 x 250 = 450,000.

mcrommert

Banned
I was thinking more along the line of rewards from the NF. Will they finally take Shards and Energies out of the loot table and put in the new material

Shit, maybe they will up the glimmer cap, else that is a lot of grinding just for a ship. And the 1500 per exotic instead of 7500 will help with glimmer problems

Also, did anyone else notice the gunsmith selling telemetries? Wonder what they cost now that they aren't with Xur

Gunsmith always sold telemetries

cilonen

So I wonder then if unlike in TDB, new exotic and weapon drops won't actually have increased max stats. What stats did the vendor weapons they showed have again?

I don't even remember if you could 'ascend' a HoW weapon - I don't think the bubble is there on the new gear implying it starts at the higher base level.

mamoui

I don't think it makes sense that you can upgrade exotics to 365 without first maxing it out? Like everything else, I think the box will pop-up telling you what you need to fill the bubble, but I didn't see any of them convert a non-maxed out weapon (all bubbles filled) to 365 in that video.

You can upgrade old exotics to the new ones anytime. It keeps the XP and upgrade you put info it. So if you ascend a maxed 331 one, you get a maxed 365 one. If you ascend a fresh one, you get a fresh one. And everything in between.

you can currnelty upgrade vanilla exotics at 300 to 331 without an ounce of exp on them. I dont see why it would be different. it will probably just keep whatever experience you have in them and adjust the damage nodes accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom