• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel entitled to anything. My problem lies in your previous post:

The whole git gud shit here is my problem. Not everyone are freaking pros. If they decide to use a "broken" weapon like Gjallarhorn instead of going through the mechanics, more power to them. I don't have a problem with people doing that. This whole git gud stuff is some elitist crap.

The whole 'git gud' stuff is something usually spouted on /v/. Sure you can say 'get good', or you can actually offer tips and try to help a player out. You only use 'git gud/get good' if you're trying to sarcastically insult someone else. It offers no criticism, and it is only a detriment to the conversation.

Ken

Disregarding the modifiers I think it's agreeable that Qodron is a well-tuned fight and Skolas is over-tuned, right?

Maddocks

The whole git gud shit here is my problem. Not everyone are freaking pros. If they decide to use a "broken" weapon like Gjallarhorn instead of going through the mechanics, more power to them. I don't have a problem with people doing that. This whole git gud stuff is some elitist crap.

Took me 300+ hours till I got my GHorn, I'm going to abuse it till I die!

i miss her :(

L0bsI70.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

so beautiful

ibflrBbTnR2jG9.gif

Nah, I think I didn't phrase it very well. I have nothing against using Gjallarhorn to burn through a boss, I do it myself all the time. Totally legit strat. What I have a problem with is people complaining that they don't have time to beat bosses with silly mechanics when one of the biggest criticisms of the bosses is that they have been too simple bullet sponges. "Git gud" I meant as in learn the new boss fight and don't be mad that the Very Hard mode is in fact Very Hard. Especially with the bosses that won't be able to get Gjallarhorned right off the bat, if they come, eventually. Just look at Crota. So far we're pretty lucky that you can actually smash the Arena bosses with nothing but the trusty horn. Can't wait to see how people react when that doesn't work. :p

Edit: Also, to those who aren't "pros", there's a 3-person playlist catered just for them, called Vanguard Eagle ;)

The whole 'git gud' stuff is something usually spouted on /v/. Sure you can say 'get good', or you can actually offer tips and try to help a player out. You only use 'git gud/get good' if you're trying to sarcastically insult someone else. It offers no criticism, and it is only a detriment to the conversation.

Well, I wrote a number of long posts pages back describing my strategy for the Arena boss. Still gotta get good to employ it effectively though, it doesn't play itself :)

patchday

ghally ain't broken. It's one of the few rocket launchers where Bungie actually took the time to code it right. The other rocket launchers are the ones that are crazy broken.

You cant tell me my Hunger of Crota ain't broke. It doesn't do what the description says. I see all these explosions going off and nothing gets hit. One would expect all the little detonations to affect everything around the target. Instead only the target is affected

nOoblet16

CGC3vNCWIAIFlgh.jpg:large

Worth keeping? The lowish stability is making me think twice about it. Is there perfect balance equivalent I should try rerolling for? This one has shortgaze though. :/

Thanks. (◡‿◡✿)

DestinyDB has not updated the stats on this gun properly.
I'm not sure if you can get perfect balance on that still but perks that increase stability include Injection Mold (about 15-20 extra stability), and Hand laid stock.

rNilla

Thank you guys, quick and smooth run, apart from that wipe during round 4. Could have been a pretty slick clutch victory otherwise, haha. ^^

Love running those "easy" PoE 32s with you guys, I'm really more into that kind of challenge and fun compared to what 34 or 35 is asking of players...

Yes nice run! Some good bladedancing heroics in there even if they didn't all pay off.

I still like running NM Crota's End because it's short and sweet and fun to play with 6 people.

CGC3vNCWIAIFlgh.jpg:large

Worth keeping? The lowish stability is making me think twice about it. Is there perfect balance equivalent I should try rerolling for? This one has shortgaze though. :/

Thanks. (◡‿◡✿)

reroll for hand laid stock or injection mold. snipers with high rates of fire need stability, otherwise you're better off getting a high impact sniper. it's not terrible but it ain't ideal if you ask me.

Nah, I think I didn't phrase it very well. I have nothing against using Gjallarhorn to burn through a boss, I do it myself all the time. Totally legit strat. What I have a problem with is people complaining that they don't have time to beat bosses with silly mechanics when one of the biggest criticisms of the bosses is that they have been too simple bullet sponges. Git gud I meant as in learn the new boss fight and don't be mad that the Very Hard mode is in fact Very Hard. Especially with the bosses that won't be able to get Gjallarhorned right off the bat, if they come, eventually. Just look at Crota. So far we're pretty lucky that you can actually smash the Arena bosses with nothing but the trusty horn. Can't wait to see how people react when that doesn't work. :p

I think you are confusing two different opinions there. One group of people (like datto) want Destiny's bosses to be more akin to something in WoW, whereas another view held by the less 'elite' people is that they don't want bosses that are overly difficult either mechanically or just plain overlevelled, akin to hard Crota, that fight was stupidly designed similar to Skolas by being artificially difficult. Now with HM Crota you can down him before the ogres.

Unstable

Hey guys! Thanks for joining up on the PvP Train!

Going to help out Phaethon with PoE after some lunch, will run the Train again later tonight.

Mindlog

Two questions.

What's the generally recognized 'best' auto rifle in the house of wolves!*? I've had them all drop for me, but they're still auto rifles :\ I'll hold on to one just in case.

Is there a consensus on the best new exotic weapon? I got the bounty after clearing 34 :D
Arc and Solar... Void Bungie. I need Void damage.

If anyone needs hard mode Gorgon let me know.

Shito

Yes nice run! Some good bladedancing heroics in there even if they didn't all pay off.

I still like running NM Crota's End because it's short and sweet and fun to play with 6 people.
Yeah, NM bridge and NM Crota are two of my favourite encounters in the game, with the templar and Atheon.
I'm not too fond of the abyss and deathsinger, though; first one is quick enough that I don't mind, but deathsinger I've really never liked the mechanics of it. Too messy.

M3Rocket

Well it's the highest level content in the game. There's plenty of other places you can earn similar or in some cases better gear (VoG) that isn't as difficult. It shouldn't all be easy to get. Some stuff should be really, really difficult. No freebies. Same reason there's no trading in Destiny - you should have to earn it yourself or with your fireteam. I don't even like that all exotics don't have bounties that drop first for you to complete to get the weapon/armour, but I understand why they made some things RNG-based for the most part. Can't be too restrictive, not everyone is MLGpro raiders, haha.

The idea that you "earn" anything in a video game is silly to me. It's a frakkin' video game! Unless you make some money playing a video game as a pro, what are you actually earning? A bigger d*ck in a d*ck measuring contest?

Jeesh--who the heck cares whether anyone is doing it the way "it was intended?" Play the video game the way YOU want to play it. There will always be creative exploits to a game as popular as Destiny.

^^^^ Yep--couldn't agree more.

nOoblet16

Why do you feel entitled to the reward for completing content that is deliberately the hardest in the entire game?

I don't get it. It says "Very Hard" right in the level description. Very Hard is not supposed to be Very Easy. That's the whole point.

Maybe I'm missing something? I'm confused.

Because last week I played something even harder skill wise and managed to get satisfactory rewards, and that something was part of the same DLC. What you are missing is that you do not see why Bungie's current approach to difficulty is detrimental and not very creative, even more so than before.

reroll for hand laid stock or injection mold. snipers with high rates of fire need stability, otherwise you're better off getting a high impact sniper. it's not terrible but it ain't ideal if you ask me.

Which snipers that are available right now (so not the spear for example) are the best for PvP? I really want to start using snipers more often in pvp, but not sure which one I should practice with.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm assuming there is no reason to hold on to weapon cores and I should pick up the Askor fusion rifle that I don't need.

we need to start making a "ghornless" list for the OP.

The solution is for Xur to sell it. Charge 100 coins. Whatever. Then everyone who has been playing a while and had bad luck with RNG (last two exotics that can drop for me—Horn and Icebreaker) can get one.

But I doubt it will happen :(

Two questions.

What's the generally recognized 'best' auto rifle in the dark below? I've had them all drop for me, but they're still auto rifles :\ I'll hold on to one just in case.

Is there a consensus on the best new exotic weapon? I got the bounty after clearing 34 :D

Necrochasm obviously :p. Still think the best overall vendor auto rifle that was available during DB was the Vanquiser from New Monarchy

On the front of the Fallen exotics. Not to much info at the moment but LoW and The bow look the better two. Mr Fruit did some good videos on each one.

Bow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs0eQoR_Uu4
LoW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ8pT7arlEE
Greg's Promise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9au_GbQKgjk

rNilla

Yeah, NM bridge and NM Crota are two of my favourite encounters in the game, with the templar and Atheon.
I'm not too fond of the abyss and deathsinger, though; first one is quick enough that I don't mind, but deathsinger I've really never liked the mechanics of it. Too messy.

The whole end of Deathsinger "OK it's over, now clean up after yourself" thing still baffles me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Need one for POE 34.

Must have a horn.
Must be 34.
Must have a six pack.
Must have a six figure salary.
Must speak five different Fallen languages.

DestinyDB has not updated the stats on this gun properly.
I'm not sure if you can get perfect balance on that still but perks that increase stability include Injection Mold (about 15-20 extra stability), and Hand laid stock.

Thanks. I'll keep rerolling then.

M3Rocket

Two questions.

What's the generally recognized 'best' auto rifle in the house of wolves!*? I've had them all drop for me, but they're still auto rifles :\ I'll hold on to one just in case.

Arc and Solar... Void Bungie. I need Void damage.

If anyone needs hard mode Gorgon let me know.

Probably the high impact ones like The Summoner or Pest Control Matrix. I have both but have not even touched them yet since I also held over a Grim Citizen III and Shadow Price. Plus there's always Suros.

I could use the Gorgon Hard CP on both my characters please. Will be on remote play, so I'll just grab the CP and wipe quickly if you don't mind.

noomi

Hey guys! Thanks for joining up on the PvP Train!

Going to help out Phaethon with PoE after some lunch, will run the Train again later tonight.

That was a lot of fun, I'm going to try and focus more on PvP so I can git gud. I'll watch out for the train later tonight.

Mindlog

Necrochasm obviously :p. Still think the best overall vendor auto rifle that was available during DB was the Vanquiser from New Monarchy

On the front of the Fallen exotics. Not to much info at the moment but LoW and The bow look the better two. Mr Fruit did some good videos on each one.

Bow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs0eQoR_Uu4
LoW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ8pT7arlEE
Greg's Promise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9au_GbQKgjk
Thank you. Bow it is.
LoW also looks like fun, but 9/10 times when I want a solar exotic I already have something for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom