• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defyler

This waiting around on the elder cipher is complete crap.

Past the 48 hour mark. Was hoping to start knocking out PoE bosses by now to reach that 1000 pts.

So how many copies did Destiny sell or what are the numbers for the people who have played crucible?

Kinda wondering what the percentage was of people who have gotten to Mercury vs the playerbase. It seems like a whole lot of people on Reddit and shit are PVP gods but I'm sure there's a silent majority who got utterly stomped on to provide the vocal minority the ability to gloat lol.

Akai XIII

6 hours and three groups later and Skolas finally went down (with the mines).

And for all that I got a shitty queen rocket launcher.

Doing it legit the first time was a great feeling but killing him within a minute was more fun.

noomi o/

HMD

So how many copies did Destiny sell or what are the numbers for the people who have played crucible?

Kinda wondering what the percentage was of people who have gotten to Mercury vs the playerbase. It seems like a whole lot of people on Reddit and shit are PVP gods but I'm sure there's a silent majority who got utterly stomped on to provide the vocal minority the ability to gloat lol.

Getting 9-0 in the first week was stupid easy because lots of pve only players were sucking and giving semi decent players free wins, I honestly got most of my wins from clueless pve players.

noomi

lay your winning strategy at my feets..

- We ran out, killed servitor fast.
- Fire on Skolas, stagger the bastard all the way back
- Call out reloads/synth (communication is key!)
- Keep shooting the fucker (I ignored all adds as to not lose DPS)
- Mine popped up (luckily next to us)
- Kept firing on Skolas ignoring mine for a few seconds
- Kill Skolas
- Disarm Mines
- Happy Dance
- Crappy Loot

Congrats! Now go grab the crappy queens' weapon as your reward :p

Lol thanks, now time to farm 2 keys :****(

All these opportunities to take down Skolas and my titan is simply too low lol.

Congrats noomi!!!!!!!

Thank you :D:D:D:D:D

2nd Kill today, 1st one took 5min, this one took like 3 hours :eek:

If the stats Bungie gave out are to be believed, around 190k people gave Mercury a try.

....actually, atleast 190k people. They say 190k visited Mercury, which would require a perfect score card...(They list directly afterwards something like 280k guardians got a perfect card, probably alts of the people who made it), meaning...there was a decent amount of people playing, assuming that there are alot of people who didn't make it.

Making some quick math-
3,790,000 matches played
over
9 wins to get to mercury, 188,000 people getting to mercury, so if we take the number of matches played by these people, they account for 1,690,000 of the games played, meaning 2.1 million matches aren't accounted for. If you count the difference in guardians however(Which would mean that 110559 were alt characters), that means 2,685,031 matches were played by these people who attained the perfect scorecard. Which means that over 1 million matches were played by people that DIDN'T go to mercury are that many(But again, they're not counting repeat playthroughs or carrying other people).

Either way, 1 million matches, give or take 100k here and there, were played by people who aren't accounted for. Maybe.

I suck at math.

blackjaw

- We ran out, killed servitor fast.
- Fire on Skolas, stagger the bastard all the way back
- Call out reloads/synth (communication is key!)
- Keep shooting the fucker (I ignored all adds as to not lose DPS)
- Mine popped up (luckily next to us)
- Kept firing on Skolas ignoring mine for a few seconds
- Kill Skolas
- Disarm Mines
- Happy Dance
- Crappy Loot

Lol thanks, now time to farm 2 keys :****(

Thank you :D:D:D:D:D

2nd Kill today, 1st one took 5min, this one took like 3 hours :eek:

Awesome, thanks! Congrats!

zewone

2 Marks of the Unbroken in the last 3 games.
RNlI5v5.jpg

fr4tvPZ.jpg

lt519

Video will be up in 40 minutes of our Icebreaker strategy on PoE 34. Worked great, got it on third try and was about a 15 minute round. I think we can cut it down to 10 minutes max if we did it again. We got pretty good at it by the end (8 minutes into the 12 minute video we only had a third of his health down). Big keys are Icebreaker being infinite ammo, great for boss DPS, and also long enough to take out the Eye. 6 rounds of Icebreaker from everyone will break the shield even without the buff if everyone is at full health. Playing it safe and saving resurrections and golden guns for failure to kill the Eye is important (and a little lucky).

Biggest thing is patience and maintaining high health. Using rockets to clear adds instead of DPS on the boss. I had an unleveled icebreaker and it did 3k per crit while my 365 rocket did about the same. Rockets with proximity and large blast radius are huge for taking out groups of adds. VoC did 500 crit to chip away at the boss if I needed to reserve Icebreaker ammo for the shields.

Incredibly fun fight with great mechanics. I hope they have a few more of these in store.

Bread

Banned
Me and MechDX are looking for some Xbox people to join, we'd like to do the vault of glass if there are enough people around.

_woLf

Anyone want to do the nightfall on ps4? I still need it. 34 Hunter. Psn id x_Delta_Wolf_x.

Also holy crap, just opened an ether chest in skywatch and got a legendary engram, twice. Everyone who opened it got one in the same open round. That was one lucky chest...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Was it just me, or was anyone else surprised today to learn that High Moon Studios (the last-gen Transformers games, Deadpool) are working with Bungie on Destiny? Maybe Bungie needed some extra pairs of hands to work on "Comet"?

Transforming Battle Robot Sparrows introduced in "Comet"?! I'm down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Woohoo newbie raiders! Grats again. That was one of the more vexing Crotas- everyone was on point but it totally goes to show how much small variances in DPS make a huge difference. Crazy thing is up to him it was one of our smoothest newbie CEs yet. Grats to all who got their first clear (4/5 tonight were truebies).

Thanks a lot zuzu for the pinch hit.

Tonight marked our 25th newbie raid. Over 100 different Guardians have joined me to journey into either the Vault, the Hellmouth or both. Unless I'm forgetting something, I have missed a total of one so far since I first started running them the day before Halloween last October.

Can't tell you how satisfying it's been. I'm also going to take this moment to thank Bungie, as I honest to god, legitimately am not sick of either one yet, the lone exception being the Oracles checkpoint in VoG (the one housing the only raid drop I have left to collect, of course ;_;). That's a remarkable accomplishment considering how many times I've run them outside of these runs or those with my old raid group and other friends.

I'm not someone who had any background in "raiding" as a concept in any game, ever, before Destiny. That it's held my attention this long is essentially a videogaming miracle, and to that I say Bravo (team). Can't wait for the next one.

fig said:
Found out after that pressing X actually does the R1 swipe as well lol.
arg! i figured this didn't work because it DOESN'T work for regular melee arc blade. that's good though. Was NOT feeling R3 swipes.

just gonna say it to myself as I fall asleep.... X-X-R2-X-X-R2-R2. :lol

Woohoo newbie raiders! Grats again. That was one of the more vexing Crotas- everyone was on point but it totally goes to show how much small variances in DPS make a huge difference. Crazy thing is up to him it was one of our smoothest newbie CEs yet. Grats to all who got their first clear (4/5 tonight were truebies).

Thanks a lot zuzu for the pinch hit.

Tonight marked our 25th newbie raid. Over 100 different Guardians have joined me to journey into either the Vault, the Hellmouth or both. Unless I'm forgetting something, I have missed a total of one so far since I first started running them the day before Halloween last October.

Can't tell you how satisfying it's been. I'm also going to take this moment to thank Bungie, as I honest to god, legitimately am not sick of either one yet, the lone exception being the Oracles checkpoint in VoG (the one housing the only raid drop I have left to collect, of course ;_;). That's a remarkable accomplishment considering how many times I've run them outside of these runs or those with my old raid group and other friends.

I'm not someone who had any background in "raiding" as a concept in any game, ever, before Destiny. That it's held my attention this long is essentially a videogaming miracle, and to that I say Bravo (team). Can't wait for the next one.

arg! i figured this didn't work because it DOESN'T work for regular melee arc blade. that's good though. Was NOT feeling R3 swipes.

just gonna say it to myself as I fall asleep.... X-X-R2-X-X-R2-R2. :lol

OH so awesome you guys got it done! I was hoping everyone in there would get their first Crota kill. Congrats guys. Hawkian you do a great job once again! Thanks for the pointers on running the sword too. Sorry again I had to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom