• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
my friends list in-game just dipped back below a maxed, somewhere-nebulously-over-110-playing 10 pages, for the first time I've noticed since HoW launch. stupid dead game.

Uh I won't play this week if it's that map.

Trials of Osiris is a game mode requiring maps that accomplish 3 things:

• Fair, balanced gameplay. Since the spawns don't switch, the map needs to have equal opportunity for both teams.
  • Proper segmentation. An oversegmented map will make it too easy to run away or camp. A sparsely segmented map will make it too hard to flank or evade the enemy to res your teammates. This is the one thing i liked about Burning Shrine for Trials - I could maneuver around the map and outplay all 3 players.
  • Of course, a strong layout in its own right. Trials is as much a show of individual skill as it is of team skill. Maps need to facilitate things that enhance player skill, such as height variation and power positions. A map where the best tactic is to camp one spot or spawn area fails in this regard, as does a map with one over traveled chokepoint.

I'll make a list of the best and worst candidates after I've thought over it more later (since i hate all the maps now I should be less biased).

Was it just me, or was anyone else surprised today to learn that High Moon Studios (the last-gen Transformers games, Deadpool) are working with Bungie on Destiny? Maybe Bungie needed some extra pairs of hands to work on "Comet"?

Transforming Battle Robot Sparrows introduced in "Comet"?! I'm down.

They worked on the 360/ps3 ports of call of duty games so its most likely they are taking over the last gen port of comet.

Mindlog

I'm still waiting for my second cipher to decrypt.
I have all three cooking :]
Warlock is a day in getting the Bow.
Hunter started today waiting for the Shotgun.
Titan started today waiting for Greg's Promise.
Who has a 365 arc spear or ldr?

Help Kadey

I feel awful with a 331 ldr here
Are the Spear and LDR that much better than P&T? Just curious for when I hop in later.
My planned loadout was 365 Fatebringer/Ir Yut - 365 P&T - 365 Arc Radegast Fury. However, I have a small reserve of Etheric Light so upgrading a Spear or LDR would be easy to do. My Spear would probably be a better candidate as it has Final Round.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I do the most damage but I'm also dismantle person. Once mine comes I have to do my thing but then they die and then I die.

Ji66a-Man

Maybe you're the lucky one who has to wait for 9 days.

e65.gif

GutZ31

I do the most damage but I'm also dismantle person. Once mine comes I have to do my thing but then they die and then I die.

Having a person that's doing less damage overall go for the far mines is a better plan.
It may seem like a bad idea because of class or whatnot, but they are likely to be most useful getting to at least the first mine to save you guys from a needless wipe.

LTWood12

3 34s and 5 Etheric light to spare. Only legendary weapon I've ascended is Fatebringer. Was going to ascend Vision of Confluence but then I got a solar Messenger from ToO. I think I favor ascending vanilla weapons first since you get more bang for your buck going from 300 to 365. What weapons are people finding essential the last two weeks in 35 PoE?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Woohoo newbie raiders! Grats again. That was one of the more vexing Crotas- everyone was on point but it totally goes to show how much small variances in DPS make a huge difference. Crazy thing is up to him it was one of our smoothest newbie CEs yet. Grats to all who got their first clear (4/5 tonight were truebies).

Thanks a lot zuzu for the pinch hit.

Tonight marked our 25th newbie raid. Over 100 different Guardians have joined me to journey into either the Vault, the Hellmouth or both. Unless I'm forgetting something, I have missed a total of one so far since I first started running them the day before Halloween last October.

Can't tell you how satisfying it's been. I'm also going to take this moment to thank Bungie, as I honest to god, legitimately am not sick of either one yet, the lone exception being the Oracles checkpoint in VoG (the one housing the only raid drop I have left to collect, of course ;_;). That's a remarkable accomplishment considering how many times I've run them outside of these runs or those with my old raid group and other friends.

I'm not someone who had any background in "raiding" as a concept in any game, ever, before Destiny. That it's held my attention this long is essentially a videogaming miracle, and to that I say Bravo (team). Can't wait for the next one.

arg! i figured this didn't work because it DOESN'T work for regular melee arc blade. that's good though. Was NOT feeling R3 swipes.

just gonna say it to myself as I fall asleep.... X-X-R2-X-X-R2-R2. :lol
Good stuff I have't done either yet, sounds like a blast.

lt519

Here's our no horn PoE 34 run with Icebreakers. It ain't pretty but it gets the job done. I was the "spotter" finding the eye and letting the two Jailbreakers kill it. The jailbreaker that kills the eye huddled down to restore health and icebreaker ammo. The other works on DPS. The two Jailbreakers hugged the rocks as best as the could until the eye v was located. On the mark text we huddled and crouched and all unloaded our icebreakers. My job was to spot and run DPS while I could and clear adds with rockets. Missed the first three minutes of the fight due to the 15 minute capture length.

Can't express how fun and satisfying it was to do this with the full mechanics. Hopefully this helps those that can't run the burn in 30 second technique.

It looks like chaos but it was actually really well organized and communicated about special use.

http://youtu.be/lS3gf9_ybi4

Next up is Skolas

phen0m24

Having a person that's doing less damage overall go for the far mines is a better plan.
It may seem like a bad idea because of class or whatnot, but they are likely to be most useful getting to at least the first mine to save you guys from a needless wipe.

That was both of us though. PWH had a 331 Spear and I had 331 LDR. We got him down to about 10-15% and then mines and adds = over.

:(

This game sucks sometimes. The burn is just a pain.

3 34s and 5 Etheric light to spare. Only legendary weapon I've ascended is Fatebringer. Was going to ascend Vision of Confluence but then I got a solar Messenger from ToO. I think I favor ascending vanilla weapons first since you get more bang for your buck going from 300 to 365. What weapons are people finding essential the last two weeks in 35 PoE?

You don't want a 365 Found Verdict? That's where my next Etheric Light is going (after Fatebringer, of course).

GutZ31

its not fully working for us, trying
Little FYI;
The guy that stands over there needs to stay still, and not shoot anything.
Also, if the other players need to go over there, take a wide birth to not trigger the doors.

The guy standing over the doors is a door stopper, and is there only to look pretty, until otherwise advised.

Anastasis

Thanks for the Templar runs everyone! Got my fatebringer! Sorry I had to drop out so fast afterwards. 2 year old woke up and wife's enrage was near!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom