• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am home later (currently at work) and you still need this, I can help you and probably rope in the other boys too like Hall, Milfhouse etc.

Thanks for the offer good sir, but another friendly DGAF'er already hooked me up. I'm still happy to help on Scrota kills but sword services are no longer necessary with the level cap increase and I'm sue everyone will be more focused on ToO tonight :p

PuMa

Good morning Everyone!

So just a quick update. The list has been shared with the Volunteers. The way this will work, the volunteer for each specific day will be either calling out names via their stream, PSN/XBL messaging (I would recommend downloading the corresponding app for each service to get alerts), or via GAF.

Do we know if Unstable is starting right when ToO is released today? Is that 1 EST or something like that?

You good on scrota or need a hand? Let me know ..

Good to go, friends of friends joined up. Thanks for the offer though!

And sorry Nooblet for the confusion, it's always tricky for me playing w non-DGAF friends who are always less aware/reliable. Goofy stuff tends to happen :-/

neoism

He has already sold every single weapon at least once. The only exceptions are:

PS exclusives (Hawkmoon, Monte Carlo, 4th Horseman);
and bounty weapons (Thorn, Invective, Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, Lord of Wolves, Dreg's Promise, Queensbow)

Not sure which weapon you would've found not to be disappointing. In terms of armor, he's selling a top-tier Hunter helm, a great Titan chest (only sold twice before) and a HoW Warlock piece.

What were you expecting? Launch day players like us should have everything he can possibly sell by now except the new armor or possibly Gjallarhorn since it hasn't been sold again since we figured out it was good.

have the helm at 42 he didnt even sale pulse rifle telemetry.....:/

Jinjo

I have made a huge mistake, I had two claws and two sunbreakers today.
I ended up dismantling both claws instead of the dups because I'm dumb...lol (the gauntlets were greyed out so must have gotten confused)

Or maybe I dismantled one, switched characters and then thought that I dismantled sunbreaker instead of claws and ended up dismantling the second claws too.

Ouch! Haha, it's okay. Too bad me being right came at the cost of your Claws lol.

Thanks mate! (ignore my PM then lol)

Would be nice/convenient to know the timezones/starting times from our PvP experts to know when I have to be online! (since I'm rather high on the list it seems)

Woohoo newbie raiders! Grats again. That was one of the more vexing Crotas- everyone was on point but it totally goes to show how much small variances in DPS make a huge difference. Crazy thing is up to him it was one of our smoothest newbie CEs yet. Grats to all who got their first clear (4/5 tonight were truebies).

Thanks a lot zuzu for the pinch hit.

Tonight marked our 25th newbie raid. Over 100 different Guardians have joined me to journey into either the Vault, the Hellmouth or both. Unless I'm forgetting something, I have missed a total of one so far since I first started running them the day before Halloween last October.

Can't tell you how satisfying it's been. I'm also going to take this moment to thank Bungie, as I honest to god, legitimately am not sick of either one yet, the lone exception being the Oracles checkpoint in VoG (the one housing the only raid drop I have left to collect, of course ;_;). That's a remarkable accomplishment considering how many times I've run them outside of these runs or those with my old raid group and other friends.

I'm not someone who had any background in "raiding" as a concept in any game, ever, before Destiny. That it's held my attention this long is essentially a videogaming miracle, and to that I say Bravo (team). Can't wait for the next one.

arg! i figured this didn't work because it DOESN'T work for regular melee arc blade. that's good though. Was NOT feeling R3 swipes.

just gonna say it to myself as I fall asleep.... X-X-R2-X-X-R2-R2. :lol
Big thanks to you too, good sir. You do great work here, and I've never come across anyone on this or any other forum that's as helpful and patient as you are. A thousand blessings on you, Hawkian.

Would be nice/convenient to know the timezones/starting times from our PvP experts to know when I have to be online! (since I'm rather high on the list it seems)

Me and TearsOfBlood are Dutchies and judging from your PSN you're too.
Maybe we can take you through ToO.

Jinjo

Who wants to play warlock anyway, it's an afterthought for me.
Hunters and Titans all the way.

Sunsinger Warlocks are pussies you mean. YOLO Locke
Voidwalkers
4 life!

Me and TearsOfBlood are Dutchies and judging from your PSN you're too.
Maybe we can take you through ToO.

That'd be cool! Be nice to have some more Dutch DGAF on my list lol. Talk Dutch (and science lol) while kicking ass. When will you be starting tomorrow?

recks

Doing PoE 32/35x3 with a friend, got one spot and really don't want to go lfg way after this week nightmare. Just have an 365 arc sniper if you plan on doing 35.

PSN:x__xo__o

Xur gave me a break since I spent so much last week. Bought 4 Engrams and got the Khepri's Sting and ACD/0 Feedback Fence. ACD/0 looks like it was meant for Sunsetting.

CGLGRf1WwAA4J4q.jpg:large

That'd be cool! Be nice to have some more Dutch DGAF on my list lol. Talk Dutch (and science lol) while kicking ass. When will you be starting tomorrow?

I don't even know how to callout some stuff in Dutch!
Have to work on my report first, but at latest we'll start 1PM I think.
I think we'll post a message here as well with a stream link or something just like last week.

Jinjo

This is how the Skolas fight goes when everything goes according to plan.

You'll have to excuse my language as I was very frustrated with the whole encounter after so many hours.

Kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5U7AXW2AbM

Kill... then Death:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCA5B1bHmzM

Just watched this. Nice run!

Much swag. Much MLG when you invis stabbed the mine.

I don't even know how to callout some stuff in Dutch!
Have to work on my report first, but at latest we'll start 1PM I think.
I think we'll post a message here as well with a stream link or something just like last week.

That sounds good! Guess we'll talk english for the stream then haha. But still, take whoever is higher up on the list than me first. Don't want to make the rest of DGAF resent me for getting Dutchy preference lol.

That sounds good! Guess we'll talk english for the stream then haha. But still, take whoever is higher up on the list than me first. Don't want to make the rest of DGAF resent me for getting Dutchy preference lol.

Yeah no real preference here, but I can imagine that our friends on the other side of the world might be sleeping when we play. We'll just have to see when the time comes. I'll try to knock out at least one Lighthouse run today with my main team.

Thanks for the offer good sir, but another friendly DGAF'er already hooked me up. I'm still happy to help on Scrota kills but sword services are no longer necessary with the level cap increase and I'm sue everyone will be more focused on ToO tonight :p

No problem, anytime you need us, we there :)

Jinjo

Yeah no real preference here, but I can imagine that our friends on the other side of the world might be sleeping when we play. We'll just have to see when the time comes. I'll try to knock out at least one Lighthouse run today with my main team.

That's true! I'll be on playing Witcher 3 most likely anyway, so just message me when my time comes. Looking forward to boarding the Mercury train!

There is absolutely nothing to spend my crucible and vanguard marks on and I am capped. What do, guys?
Buy the New Monarchy armor set. It looks so cool on a Titan. The Achilles shader looks especially cool on that set. Gives it a mostly black/red look.

Jinjo

so where are the best places to get treasure keys, or can you get lucky anywhere?

Can get lucky anywhere, but Skywatch gets you the most runs per chest. If it spawns near the door, you can get that atleast 3, even 4 times.

Plus, them farming memories/nostalgia.

FYI for those asking: last night Unstable said he was planning to run from ~10am PST when ToO launches until ~6pm PST today.

I would like to help too, how may I?
Just look at the list here. The volunteers will be crossing out those from the list to whom they helped reached Mercury. So if you'd like to volunteer as well, just pick a name from the list and feel free to message them about your good deed you're about to help them with.

If there's another seasoned PvP'er who wanted to help, I'd be down to try and start another train at some point. I definitely can't carry like ol' Stabie so there should ideally be another person running with me. As long as folks joining knew to temper expectations a bit it should be fun stuff, and probably a better PvP learning experience for folks who wanted to carry a bit more of their own weight :p

FYI for those asking: last night Unstable said he was planning to run from ~10am PST when ToO launches until ~6pm PST today.

If there's another seasoned PvP'er who wanted to help, I'd be down to try and start another train at some point. I definitely can't carry like ol' Stabie so there should ideally be another person running with me. As long as folks joining knew to temper expectations a bit it should be fun stuff, and probably a better PvP learning experience for folks who wanted to carry a bit more of their own weight :p

Has Trials reset? or is it still coming later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom