• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Morning everyone.

Big day today.
fZVoaE1.gif

E92 M3

Buy weapons and discard for weapon parts.

Too much of a waste for my liking :p

That's true! I'll be on playing Witcher 3 most likely anyway, so just message me when my time comes. Looking forward to boarding the Mercury train!

Buy the New Monarchy armor set. It looks so cool on a Titan. The Achilles shader looks especially cool on that set. Gives it a mostly black/red look.

I do need to level up NM - their shaders are badass.

work on putting together a good set of armor for PVP. Oh wait that's what trials is for.

;)

Morning everyone.

Big day today.

Looking forward to hearing of your victories.

PoE 35 is the first thing i've "quit" in Destiny I think... I'm sad

Spent a few hours on it lastnight, just couldn't do enough damage to Skolas. Finally at around 2am i just had to stop.

We were all 34's and had max arc weapons (well, maxed but not ascended) and could, at most, get him down to half health. Everything always turned into a mess once we had to move, just insane how fast you can get dropped.

Anyone have success moving around the map or is last week's strategy still what most use? (Killing him before objectives come into play)

Ikkarus

PoE 35 is the first thing i've "quit" in Destiny I think... I'm sad

Spent a few hours on it lastnight, just couldn't do enough damage to Skolas. Finally at around 2am i just had to stop.

We were all 34's and had max arc weapons (well, maxed but not ascended) and could, at most, get him down to half health. Everything always turned into a mess once we had to move, just insane how fast you can get dropped.

Anyone have success moving around the map or is last week's strategy still what most use? (Killing him before objectives come into play)
Arc burn has to be the worst burn to face against Skolas.

I tried bringing him down this week and failed miserably. It's by no means an easy feat. Hopefully it will be either Solar or Void burn next reset.

I might re-attempt it this week but Trials will be keep me busy for a while.

ocean

Banned
Really? that's strange. Is there any in VoG like that?
Special and Heavy weapons only drop from Crota himself on Normal. Primaries are Hard mode only, and drop as follows: Pulse Rifle from Abyss, Auto Rifle from Bridge, Hand Cannon / Scout Rifle from Crota himself.

Vault of Glass is a mixed bag. There are Hard Mode exclusives, but Hard mode can also drop the Normal weapons. In VoG, the Heroic exclusives are Fatebringer, Praedyth's Timepiece, Praetorian Foil and the Vex Mythoclast. Found Verdict, Praedyth's Revenge, Hezen Vengeance, Vision of Confluence, Corrective Measure and Atheon's Epilogue can all drop from Normal or Hard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ehh not sure I'm loving Xur's armor offerings for my warlock. Those new gloves don't seem very impressive and I want a Ram :(

I think I'm better off just spending 7 coins on an exotic shard to ascend by sunbreakers than bothering with any new gloves.

Valor

Are they? Aside from stealth on a Gunslinger the rest of it seems gimmicky.

Pretty much. Only "decent" exotic hunter hands are basically Don't Touch Me's and the new ones. Then again, would you run an exotic hand over Symbiote/Nighthawk on Gunslinger? I dunno. I think it has a good situational use, though.

The quick primary reload on the Sting could be pretty good. Seem like they'd be a nice PvP glove, perhaps. PvE... maybe less so.

ocean

Banned
Pretty much. Only "decent" exotic hunter hands are basically Don't Touch Me's and the new ones. Then again, would you run an exotic hand over Symbiote/Nighthawk on Gunslinger? I dunno. I think it has a good situational use, though.

The quick primary reload on the Sting could be pretty good. Seem like they'd be a nice PvP glove, perhaps. PvE... maybe less so.
Adding invisibility to Gunslingers is an amazingly cool perk, if rather situational. I don't say that as a bad thing! All these super situational exotics let us engage in more varied setups and play styles. I only use Don't Touch Me for the Abyss, but I still love having it for instance. These unique perks are cool :)

Shito

Yeah, that perk is really of no use on a gunslinger, with the reloading speed perk on precision kills...

I don't really like PVP but I can't wait to watch a bit of your stream Unstable.
Are the two other GAF teams also streaming?

Jinjo

Adding invisibility to Gunslingers is an amazingly cool perk, if rather situational. I don't say that as a bad thing! All these super situational exotics let us engage in more varied setups and play styles. I only use Don't Touch Me for the Abyss, but I still love having it for instance. These unique perks are cool :)

I love Don't Touch Me's for my superagressive 4th Horseman loadout. Unload 4th Horseman at Elite. Get melee'd by nearby add. Calmly reload my sweet Gjallahorse with nobody bothering me. Unload clip again and maybe finish with the invis strike (at another add) to turn invisible again. Repeat till out of ammo, or out of enemies.

Namikaze1

trials list inbound
*slips Zoba a twenty*
*slight nodding of head*
*wink once*
*mouths "Monday"*
*slips back into the shadows*

Lol. Above average??? Give yourself some credit.
Not even above average.

Nami, if you can find a 3rd person, we can run through ToO over my lunch today. Around 1PST.

Records have been 9-0, 9-1, 9-1, and 9-2 so far.
That would be 4 PM for me so sure.

Shito

You're doing sword :p
Sword is best role on Crota.
I fall asleep when I'm not running sword...

Everyday I find more reasons to stop playing Destiny :/ I'm really getting burned this time.
It's pretty normal. Got burned of the game those past months, but HoW made me dive in again quite hard.
I'm not doing everything right now on purpose, so as not to burn myself of the extension in just a week; my characters are still only 33, haven't run PoE 34 or 35 yet, I have found no etheric light and I didn't follow through my inscription on Unstable's list last week. I'm not rushing so as to keep some reasons and motivations to keep playing PoE / Iron Banner in the coming weeks. Will probably get burned myself in a few weeks, and come back to playing Destiny only 1 or 2 days a week, instead of every day like now... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom