• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... we gonna do another Trials run at some point this weekend?
Not sure how much destiny time I'm gonna have, I'm out of town till Saturday afternoon and I'm going to be picking up my Splatoon preorder and playing that when I get back. That may end up absorbing all my gaming time for a bit... Definitely would like to do trials again in the future but probably not this weekend.

Ikkarus

Increases reload for primary weapon: the first time this perk has existed. Useful for your personal favorite primary.

Being able to turn invisible while a Gunslinger is useful in PvE and PvP. PoE there are plenty of times you want to turn invisible for a revive or a capture point. Plus, your backstab does 4xs the normal damage while invisible.

Another hidden perk that's not mentioned is that any melee attack will leave your enemy with a burn / Damage Over Time.

This is amazing for PvP.
I must have these!!

You signed up yesterday.

LOL ok. Computers are still new to me :p

Since Master Ives saw fit to cooperate and complete my new exotic arm collection, thought I'd do a little shameless self-promotion for those who haven't seen them all in action yet:

Though I have to say, AC/D0 would look better with Sunsetting. Time to finish off leveling up Eris . . .

Anyone have any luck farming the two small chests in PoE 28 for keys? I find it more engaging than just running around from spot to spot, and if you get a team of 34s it goes by rather quickly. Haven't gotten any keys yet though; I assume they do drop there amirite?

Yeah I've seen them drop from there. I think I've had one that I then opened the big chest just because I got an extra one out of the sides and was rewarded with a Her Mercy......

PoE 35 is the first thing i've "quit" in Destiny I think... I'm sad

Spent a few hours on it lastnight, just couldn't do enough damage to Skolas. Finally at around 2am i just had to stop.

We were all 34's and had max arc weapons (well, maxed but not ascended) and could, at most, get him down to half health. Everything always turned into a mess once we had to move, just insane how fast you can get dropped.

Anyone have success moving around the map or is last week's strategy still what most use? (Killing him before objectives come into play)

Rubenov and I worked on skolas for 2 hours last night, only when we both grudgingly ascended our snipers did we take him out.

Born2Live

Come get your Skolas kill!

We need more more brave guardian to come run PoE35 with us. You will need a 365Arc Sniper, higher impact is better!

Would love a 2nd Titan, but we can make it work either way.

Are you still looking? I've got a 365 arc sniper but I'm a hunter if that's okay.

Ty_84

You have a good point. Firebase Delphi would be fun. I hope we get an old map, something I've played for a while. The Cualdron is still too new for me personally.

Yep. They need to stick to maps that have been in the control rotation for a while. Using control points that everyone knows for call outs is super helpful.

Deku Tree

Ok I think I'm gonna pick the lord of wolves shotgun. It looks like it wrecks.
Next time I get the Bounty I'll do the sniper-fusion. But this seems like a gimmick weapon.
Third time I'll do Dregs promise.

Not sure I'd equip any of them frequently over the horn or an exotic PvP hand canon.

dB Viper

Tried the sniping strat on Skolas but he kept tele-porting right up to us on the left side. Every video I watch he's not even remotely close to that left side ramp. What am I doing wrong?

LOL ok. Computers are still new to me :p

Since Master Ives saw fit to cooperate and complete my new exotic arm collection, thought I'd do a little shameless self-promotion for those who haven't seen them all in action yet:
That Warlock combo looks pretty damn good. I passed on the PoE chest this week because of the weak stat roll so I'm hoping to get lucky on a Judgement's Chance next week.

c1rcae

I really can't think of a map that I want ToO to be on... The only balanced ons seem to be shotgun or sniper festivals.

It will be that way no matter where the maps are likely, just about how you coordinate with your team to get around the obstacles.

Arrrammis

Tried the sniping strat on Skolas but he kept tele-porting right up to us on the left side. Every video I watch he's not even remotely close to that left side ramp. What am I doing wrong?
Have people spread out a little bit. If you're all clustered really close together, he'll teleport right up to you, but if you are spread out (I.e. poking out of opposite sides of the bubble/cover) he'll keep shifting targets and won't teleport.

P44

PXLIV and Kreepmode, I'll be sending you two invites just 5 minutes before our scheduled PoE 32 run tonight.

Any chance of maybe doing it an hour or two later, Nami (just myself)? Or at a later day (I'm almost 34, just need one more etheric light) - only, some shits come up and I'll likely (but im not 100% sure) won't be there in time.

GlamFM

Banned
I´m confused...

Are there two Trials Armor sets? Is one better than the other?

Can both drop randomly?

Is there only one helmet?

what?

JB1981

If I'm level 30 and only have the first DLC should I just upgrade Eris to get the best new gear or should I run vanguard? Note I will not be doing any raids and I guess Nightfall is out since I don't have Wolves

Ryck

Got an extra Etheric Light, not sure if I should upgrade Hunger of Crota to 365. Don't have a Gally and I already have my Fatebringer at 365. Special weapons are pretty much my exotic slot with IB, P&T, Invective, and 4th Horse. The question I guess is do you guys think A 365 HOC is a better option over a 365 Truth? 2 less Rockets in HOC but has clusters...

zewone

I´m confused...

Are there two Trials Armor sets? Is one better than the other?

Can both drop randomly?

Is there only one helmet?

what?

There is two Trials sets.

Watcher drops from matches and is only 33 light and the perks aren't as good, nor the aesthetics.

Exiled is sold one piece a week and is already max light and looks awesome.

Z, ToO today?
Sure. Send me an invite later. It's going to be a long day at work seeing everyone's Mercury drops.

lt519

Got an extra Etheric Light, not sure if I should upgrade Hunger of Crota to 365. Don't have a Gally and I already have my Fatebringer at 365. Special weapons are pretty much my exotic slot with IB, P&T, Invective, and 4th Horse. The question I guess is do you guys think A 365 HOC is a better option over a 365 Truth? 2 less Rockets in HOC but has clusters...

No proximity on HOC knocks it down a peg in my book. I've upgraded some other primaries like VoC and WoC before I'm going to touch Hunger. I don't have a Horn either but I think everyone is realizing fast that snipers are doing just as much work on the PoE bosses as Horn is and more damage than any other rocket launcher.

Shito

If you have Vision of Confluence I would upgrade this first.

GlamFM

Banned
There is two Trials sets.

Watcher drops from matches and is only 33 light and the perks aren't as good, nor the aesthetics.

Exiled is sold one piece a week and is already max light and looks awesome.

Sure. Send me an invite later. It's going to be a long day at work seeing everyone's Mercury drops.

Thanks.

Ryck

No proximity on HOC knocks it down a peg in my book. I've upgraded some other primaries like VoC and WoC before I'm going to touch Hunger. I don't have a Horn either but I think everyone is realizing fast that snipers are doing just as much work on the PoE bosses as Horn is and more damage than any other rocket launcher.
Yeah Definitely, I was kinda thinking the same thing.

If you have Vision of Confluence I would upgrade this first.
Yeah VOC was my first choice as my second Legendary to Ascend.

Arrrammis

why would you want that?
Lots of different terrain, vehicle warfare, close quarters in the middle and long range around the outside. Plenty of cover from snipers, and no spawn has a huge advantage over the other... Seems pretty cool to me.

The map might be a bit too large for ToO, I could see some teams just hiding on the outskirts and holding out until overtime, hoping that the other team will get frustrated and leave. However, the team that's not hiding would easily get the cap point and win.

Lots of different terrain, vehicle warfare, close quarters in the middle and long range around the outside. Plenty of cover from snipers, and no spawn has a huge advantage over the other... Seems pretty cool to me.

The map might be a bit too large for ToO, I could see some teams just hiding on the outskirts and holding out until overtime, hoping that the other team will get frustrated and leave. However, the team that's not hiding would easily get the cap point and win.

yeah, it's way too big

matches could end up taking forever

I rolled at Xur with four engrams, my first exotic engram purchases so far. Just looking for something new. Got Don't Touch Me, two Claws of Ahamkara, and aACD/0 Feedback Fence. I've been looking for something to replace Ruin Wings on my Titan, so I'm happy.

Picked up a Patience and Time, though I don't really have a build that needs it. It'll just be nice to have a level 34 sniper rifle.
Claws are a lot of fun to use with the Monte Carlo during the lamp phase of CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom