• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Ran PoE34 with friends for the first time tonight. Spent an hour wiping and they had to go.

I honestly don't know how you are supposed to beat that fight with Qodron. 90% of our time was spent making sure that we had the buff to break out of the containment fields....it felt like there was hardly any time to kill the boss.

Ran PoE34 with friends for the first time tonight. Spent an hour wiping and they had to go.

I honestly don't know how you are supposed to beat that fight with Qodron. 90% of our time was spent making sure that we had the buff to break out of the containment fields....it felt like there was hardly any time to kill the boss.

It's another horns o plenty encounter right out the front door. Bubbles to slow minions and provide some shelter helps a lot, but getting rockets off with extreme efficiency en masse will do it.

I'm determined to do PoE 35 one time, but I'm never doing it again after that. This expansion is a let down so far. I realize this will get easier with time, but Jesus Christ, who at bungie thought this would be fun? Or are they just trying to make hard content at this point and not enjoyable content?

Oh, I didn't know that bounties appeared in PoE. Levels 32+ I'm guessing?

34 and 35.. they're insta-drops when the final boss is killed

the first step (after taking it to variks and selecting 1 of the 3 weapons) requires opening the chest and hoping for an item from it

the chest has to be from 32+ i believe?

blackjaw

I was pure DPS on Qodron and one guy did adds and the others job was to find the eye and help with adds.

It fell apart because my buddy on the eye would stop looking when he didn't see him and try to DPS Qodron or fixate on the adds.

We had him to about 20% twice when the eye guy failed his job and we had no revives

Two hours of wipes...

34 and 35.. they're insta-drops when the final boss is killed

the first step (after taking it to variks and selecting 1 of the 3 weapons) requires opening the chest and hoping for an item from it

You won't get that item from the first chest you open. Once you have the bounty, the actual activation of finding the cipher (from the chest) doesn't happen until you take the bounty to the reef. So you won't get it on the same run that you got the bounty.

We did it w/ 3 Horns. Call it cheese or whatever you want, but the bastard went down before the detainment popped (eventually...).

3OkJ0KN.png

It's been more than 3 days for god's sake !

Also,it bothers me that the game shows there is something waiting for me in the reef to collect. Yet, there is nothing to collect when I get there. Such a lame teasing >:"(

I have a theory. People said last week up to 72 hours to get it, and that was such an arbitrary number. Like, where did they get that number?

So my theory is, the time it takes depends on which queens chest you opened for the 2nd part of the bounty. So naturally, if you opened the 32 chest, it takes 72 hours. 34 chest, 48 hours. 35 chest, 24 hours. After all if you examine your incomplete cipher, it has the flavor text of "barons and kells get the most ether, which is how they grow big. Dregs barely get any.", presumably talking about how much "ether" it takes variks to repair the cipher, and presumably from which level you opened the chest to acquire this "ether" for the cipher.

Abylim

That was an amazing Qodron kill, thanks for inviting me, glad I could help.

Now what to do with my first etheric, and weapon core?!?

GhaleonEB

Been hell week at work, still need to run Nightfall on all my characters; my Titan will give it a go at level 31.

I'm going to start out solo on my Warlock if anyone wants to join. PSN Ghaleon_EB.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Been hell week at work, still need to run Nightfall on all my characters; my Titan will give it a go at level 31.

I'm going to start out solo on my Warlock if anyone wants to join. PSN Ghaleon_EB.
Ah man, good luck. Modfiers this week are NOT accomodating to solo runs. Sorry you just missed a run by minutes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom