• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Solo'ing the Hard Abyss with a Hunter doesn't require the Don't Touch Me gauntlets, but it will be a major test of your stealth skills if you don't have them. Once you have Don't Touch Me though, it's almost trivial so long as you utilize everything from your bag of tricks.

I don't think it's worth deleting a character just to get an Arc Pulse rifle, but if you've always wanted a Hunter then go for it.

Which pulse rifle is it?

I actually learned and ran my first Crota NM today (thanks deaf!) so maybe I can get in HM runs in the near future!

Huh that's tempting. Would have to delete my second Titan for a hunter though.

Join me, PSN: iRAWRasaurus. doing Hard Mode Crota right now.

ethomaz

Banned
Everytime someone says this I think it's important to emphasize that while you can kill Skolas in under a minute, there's a high likelihood that you will fail. And the penalty for failure is a 5-10 minute wait between boss attempts. Killing him can still take potentially hours.

Bungie really ought to reset the cooldown on your Heavy Ammo Synthesis if your group wipes, but the Skolas cheese makes it even more likely that they will not change the way cooldowns work.
Skolas cheese? I don't think there is a cheese yet.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Skola 'Ghron blitzing is NOT a cheese: its taking advantage of what you have and saying "Fuck You" to Bungie for designing such a shit boss fight.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Im up for nightfall, osiris or PoE lv 32...add or invite me
PSN : Godless_Pagan

border

Skola 'Ghron blitzing is NOT a cheese: its taking advantage of what you have and saying "Fuck You" to Bungie for designing such a shit boss fight.

It entirely depends on how you define cheese. Some people think it means exploiting a particular unintended glitch (Valus T'Auric cheese, Crota Bridge warlock ressurection). Others think it's about skipping the mechanics of a fight through brute force (Skolas Gjallarburn) or using unintended advantageous positioning (Omnigul closet).

ERMint13

Got to 9-0 and I forgot one game gave me an emblem. Got suckered out of the Flawless Emblem. Oh well lesson learned.

Only one team beat us and they were a total lag fest. First time I've seen that so far.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Got carried through ToO by one of Zoba's clanmates (Nghtly) dude went 124-1 only losing one match right before it was my turn to be carried. Got a solar The Messenger (Adept), bunch of passage coins, 3 etheric light (hello 365 Fatebringer), bought the warlock chest and got the boots from the gold reward package. The boots look pretty cool! Also got a dupe Universal Remote.

Looking forward to any carrying I might get in the future :>

I have a question about Skola's Revenge though. Is that the only Prison of Elders content that doesn't change modifiers week to week? Is it always constant like previous Raids?

I know killing him in 30 seconds is awesome but next week wouldn't that be different if Bungie just takes off the Solar modifier or is that always gonna be there cos if it is I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie pushes some patch to stop people from just bypassing the whole encounter every week.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I have 6 etheric light thanksto ToO and no idea WHAT to use them for (before you ask, yes, all three of my characters at 34, and yes, I upgraded Fatebringer already)...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have 6 etheric light thanksto ToO and no idea WHAT to use them for (before you ask, yes, all three of my characters at 34, and yes, I upgraded Fatebringer already)...

I have the same problem. I went black hammer first because it is still the best overall sniper.

border

I have a question about Skola's Revenge though. Is that the only Prison of Elders content that doesn't change modifiers week to week? Is it always constant like previous Raids?

Everyone claims different things about the modifiers. Some people say they will always be the same for every 32/34/35 run. Some people say they will change week-to-week.

I have never heard an official word about it from Bungie. I highly suspect that they will remove Solar Burn from Skolas sometime in the next month, not only because it can be cheesed, but because it encourages the cheese by making the boss and his adds highly likely to one-shot you.

Same boat as you (sort of, I only have three etheric light). Thinking about upgrading Word of Crota and Vision of Confluence so I have three solid primaries with elemental damage.

border

I would use them on any elemental primary weapons that you have.

Then use them on your best Legendary Sniper and your best Legendary Shotgun.

Then use them on your best Legendary Rocket Launcher and your best Legendary Machine Gun.

I read this article enthusing about the new expansion. These "exotic shards" that he talks about that can fully level up legendary/exotic gear in one go, are these only available to people who've purchased the expansion, or can they be gotten by us regular folk as well?

You mean the extoic shards that Xur sells? You still have to level them up fully. You just use the shard to make any old exotics have the new damage cap of 365 instead of 331 or 300

ezekial45

Banned
Are you guys still using the Vestian Dynasty? I adore it so much. It's such a great weapon, and I kinda use it as a main in most cases.

What's the exotic side-arm like?

You mean the extoic shards that Xur sells? You still have to level them up fully. You just use the shard to make any old exotics have the new damage cap of 365 instead of 331 or 300

What happens if you've got an exotic that's still using vanilla Destiny stats (max dmg 300)? Do you have to upgrade to The Dark Below stats (331) before being able to boost it to 365?

Omni

What happens if you've got an exotic that's still using vanilla Destiny stats (max dmg 300)? Do you have to upgrade to The Dark Below stats (331) before being able to boost it to 365?

It automatically upgrades to 331 and then you need to fill up the upgrade tree to make it hit 365

wait I completely misinterpreted that. //shrugs

Ken

Are you guys still using the Vestian Dynasty? I adore it so much. It's such a great weapon, and I kinda use it as a main in most cases.

What's the exotic side-arm like?

Nope, you can ascend it straight to 365 cap.

Danj

Oh. So there's still a requirement for all the upgrade materials then? I'd heard that there was a thing you could get to "ascend" legendary/exotic gear, was this it, or is that something different?

patchday

Really enjoyed ToO tonight. Hit L34 on the titan and hes barely stepped foot in PoE (only ran the L32 poe once). didn't use any of my etheric lights yet. Might use them on the Hunter so he can pop L34. Idk yet.

Thanks Val & Mace for letting me join you guys that was fun. Gonna call it a night

lt519

Hey we actually got a few ToO wins! Go us!

I hate that feeling running into a team with the exotic emblems and knowings it's going to be a brutal ass kicking. Where is the re-roll opponents option?

Rainmaker

Banned
Trials of Osiris has broken my heart. I suck so bad at Crucible and I want that armor so much. I've been practicing for awhile now and it was still an absolute disaster. lol. I doubt I'll ever get that armor and I know I'll never go to the lighthouse.

Oh. So there's still a requirement for all the upgrade materials then? I'd heard that there was a thing you could get to "ascend" legendary/exotic gear, was this it, or is that something different?

Etheric light will bump any Legendary to 42 light or 365 damage respectively. Can be obtained via Trials, PoE 34 -35 and via Nightfall. Exotics only need exotic shards.

Danj

Etheric light will bump any Legendary to 42 light or 365 damage respectively. Can be obtained via Trials, PoE 34 -35 and via Nightfall. Exotics only need exotic shards.

Ah right, so the etheric light thing might be what I'd heard about. It sounds like it is exclusive to expansion owners then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom