• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT22| Game of Thorns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

I feel as if tomorrow is going to be a good day for ToO. It's a holiday, all the try hards will probably be done and already be 27-0 and won't bother playing and more casuals will be playing. That'll probably the easiest to get your wins too

Managed to get to 5/6 wins on both my hunter and warlock. Used all the buffs and just barely got there, whereas the guys I were playing with didn't have the coins to get them all. Felt like a real heel getting the armor when they couldn't. Hoping my turn on the Unstable train will come up tonight so I can get my Titan to mercury. I had a lot of fun playing ToO, but some of the guys I played with just got way too upset with losses. It certainly didn't help our chances of winning.

btkadams

How do I get this etheric light? I only see it on the level 34 and higher horde mode things, but I'm level 32... Not sure how I would be able to survive. Am I doing this wrong? I was planning on upgrading my crota's raid armor with etheric light. Is there better armor I can get right now without those 34 and higher modes?

nOoblet16

ITOGbVi.jpg

Hyun Sai

How do I get this etheric light? I only see it on the level 34 and higher horde mode things, but I'm level 32... Not sure how I would be able to survive. Am I doing this wrong? I was planning on upgrading my crota's raid armor with etheric light. Is there better armor I can get right now without those 34 and higher modes?

Do the PoE 32, get armor core, grab the Varik piece, you should be 33 if you already got 36 light gear + ascended exotic.

Then, you can do PoE 34 to get the etheric light.

ocean

Banned
Run the level 32 PoE to gain the PoE gauntlets which come at 42 Light. Ascend an Exotic and it also goes to 42. Those two pieces are enough to hit level 33.

At 33 you can complete the PoE 34, which grants an Etheric Light. Do this on two characters and you should have 2 Etheric Lights, enough to ascend character 1's remaining two pieces to Light 42. Boom.

Alternative if you only have 1 character: get PoE 32 Gauntlets, Osiris chest (5 wins), equip one Exotic and you can upgrade your boots from your PoE 34 Light.

lt519

We had tons of fun until Skolas. And yeah - We beat him this morning on the 1st try. Exact same strategy we used, just with 3 Horns instead of 2 + Hunger. Still pissed about that fact - wished I could lend you mine for the next months.

Well glad you nailed it! Crazy how much more one Horn helps. I was doing every bit of solar damage I could last night and it clearly just wasn't enough. I won't even be attempting that again until someone proves they can do without using 45 rockets.

depending on how well i play today, i might be able to help do lighthouse runs. i might need to balance the teams a bit though. i don't want to waste anyone's time.

coincidentally, a character in a show i was watching last night said that winning 1 on 1 doesn't mean anything, because while you're slaying the enemy your teammates are getting wrecked. teamwork is there to cover other player's weaknesses so you all make it out.

watching over my clips, that's exactly what my problem was. i was playing incredibly aggressive because it's what i'm used to doing - i'm used to playing 3v3 with teammates far better than i am who can hold their own. most if not all of my deaths were because i was challenging an enemy on my own - fights i usually win and have immediate backup if i don't. so i'd either end up dying very early on or my teammates would die and i'd be left alone. and on top of that i was scrubbing with my sniper.

the key to winning these games is going to be how well you're able to adapt and coordinate with a team. when it comes to clash i can run around and do my own thing, but it's difficult to be a "leader" in a 3v3 mode where every death counts.

btkadams

Do the PoE 32, get armor core, grab the Varik piece, you should be 33 if you already got 36 light gear + ascended exotic.

Then, you can do PoE 34 to get the etheric light.

Run the level 32 PoE to gain the PoE gauntlets which come at 42 Light. Ascend an Exotic and it also goes to 42. Those two pieces are enough to hit level 33.

At 33 you can complete the PoE 34, which grants an Etheric Light. Do this on two characters and you should have 2 Etheric Lights, enough to ascend character 1's remaining two pieces to Light 42. Boom.

Alternative if you only have 1 character: get PoE 32 Gauntlets, Osiris chest (5 wins), equip one Exotic and you can upgrade your boots from your PoE 34 Light.
Thanks guys.

Do you get the armor cores on repeat runs, or are these horde mode things once per week for rewards?

Also does the new system of using etheric light to max weapons/armor mean we are finally living the dream of people having all sorts of different armor and weapon combinations with maximum damage/defense? We aren't all gunning for the same set of armor and same 3 weapons? Or is there still a set of armor that's the best in the game?

Raybunny

We had tons of fun until Skolas. And yeah - We beat him this morning on the 1st try. Exact same strategy we used, just with 3 Horns instead of 2 + Hunger. Still pissed about that fact - wished I could lend you mine for the next months.

Ofc, we pros.

depending on how well i play today, i might be able to help do lighthouse runs. i might need to balance the teams a bit though. i don't want to waste anyone's time.

coincidentally, a character in a show i was watching last night said that winning 1 on 1 doesn't mean anything, because while you're slaying the enemy your teammates are getting wrecked. teamwork is there to cover other player's weaknesses so you all make it out.

watching over my clips, that's exactly what my problem was. i was playing incredibly aggressive because it's what i'm used to doing - i'm used to playing 3v3 with teammates far better than i am who can hold their own. most if not all of my deaths were because i was challenging an enemy on my own - fights i usually win and have immediate backup if i don't. so i'd either end up dying very early on or my teammates would die and i'd be left alone. and on top of that i was scrubbing with my sniper.

the key to winning these games is going to be how well you're able to adapt and coordinate with a team. when it comes to clash i can run around and do my own thing, but it's difficult to be a "leader" in a 3v3 mode where every death counts.

todd and I are looking for a 3rd if you want to join

Just imagine you're playing with me and Todd. ;)

Also, I need 5 more wins on my Titan....

I know a lot of ppl are hoping to get carried to Mercury, but I'd love some help tomorrow in just getting the chest pieces for my guardians. Hope some kind ppl will be around tomorrow.

nOoblet16

depending on how well i play today, i might be able to help do lighthouse runs. i might need more balanced teams though.

watching over my clips, that's exactly what my problem was. i was playing incredibly aggressive because it's what i'm used to doing. most if not all of my deaths were because i was challenging an enemy on my own - fights i usually win and have immediate backup if i don't. so i'd either end up dying very early on or my teammates would die and i'd be left alone.

and on top of that i was scrubbing with my sniper.

the key to winning these games is going to be how well you play with a team. i'm used to playing 3v3 with teammates far better than i am. when it comes to clash i can run around and do my own thing, but it's difficult to be a "leader" in a 3v3 mode where every death counts.
Yea that's what happened to me.

I'd go in, kill and then die after a short time because I get shot by someone who I wasn't engaging. I win most of my 1 on 1 fights but it doesn't mean anything if my team mates are dead on the other side. Playing aggressively like this and expecting to have your backs being covered is a habit I think that you get from playing in a full team of good players who are used to your aggressive playstyle but when you are playing in a team that is either a) not experienced b) experienced but not used to playing with you it really starts to fall apart.

Ofc, we pros.

#ProScrubs
Trials or PoE now ?

Arrrammis

Just wondering, does anyone in this thread play destiny on the 360? One of my friends recently hit lvl. 32 and is looking for a group to raid and do endgame stuff with.

Raybunny

Yea that's what happened to me.

I'd go in, kill and then die after a short time because I get shot by someone who I wasn't engaging. I win most of my 1 on 1 fights but it doesn't mean anything if my team mates are dead on the other side. Playing aggressively like this and expecting to have your backs being covered is a habit I think that you get from playing in a full team of good players who are used to your aggressive playstyle but when you are playing in a team that is either a) not experienced b) experienced but not used to playing with you it really starts to fall apart.

#ProScrubs
Trials or PoE now ?

I can do a PoE 35 if you are up to it. if not ill level gear. OH WAIT... ill farm a key first!....

ocean

Banned
Thanks guys.

Do you get the armor cores on repeat runs, or are these horde mode things once per week for rewards?

Also does the new system of using etheric light to max weapons/armor mean we are finally living the dream of people having all sorts of different armor and weapon combinations with maximum damage/defense? We aren't all gunning for the same set of armor and same 3 weapons? Or is there still a set of armor that's the best in the game?
PoE 32 gives an Armor Core, 34 a Weapon Core + Etheric Light and 35 an Armor Core Weapon + Weapon Core + Etheric Light.

Each character can earn each difficulty's rewards once per weekly reset.

And yes, the dream is come true. Any max Legendary armor can be ascended to 42 Light. Whether it's a Vault of Glass armor piece at Light 30, an old vendor Legendary at Light 27 or 33, Crota's End armor at Light 36....it can all go to 42 Light with an Etheric Light. No more identical characters!

Same goes for weapons. Your old 300/331 stuff can all go to 365 now.

Edited: PoE level rewards.

spyder_ur

Is there a sign up for the Unstable thing? I hate to have to need the help - but I've gotten to 8 wins twice and lost the 9th. Find it pretty damn frustrating.

Raybunny

PoE 32 gives an Armor Core, 34 a Weapon Core + Etheric Light and 35 an Armor Core Weapon + Weapon Core + Etheric Light.

Each character can earn each difficulty's rewards once per weekly reset.

And yes, the dream is come true. Any max Legendary armor can be ascended to 42 Light. Whether it's a Vault of Glass armor piece at Light 30, an old vendor Legendary at Light 27 or 33, Crota's End armor at Light 36....it can all go to 42 Light with an Etheric Light. No more identical characters!

Same goes for weapons. Your old 300/331 stuff can all go to 365 now.

Fixed!

Who knows when you'll get a key.

My experience is saying in... 10 years.

Mindlog

A few early stumbles, but Skolas first try.
Not to brag or anything, but I got my fourth Queen's Pulse Rifle
cHIHGfJ.gif

365 Solar Pistol unlocked.
365 Fatebringer unlocked.
All characters at 34 later today when I decide what to upgrade on my Warlock. Not too effin shabby. Thanks for the run GAF.

Will run the Warlock later today. Time to get some sun and whatnot.
I know a lot of ppl are hoping to get carried to Mercury, but I'd love some help tomorrow in just getting the chest pieces for my guardians. Hope some kind ppl will be around tomorrow.
I'll need the same with my Titan. I'm pretty confident I can get there. Just have to shake off the changes in playstyle from Final Round camping to offense at all times.

Namikaze1

*slides Zoba a twenty*

Just 8 (7 if first one is won since i got the buff) games, that's all I need...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

That's how my runs with Ray and ZW were when we went 9 - 0. None of us are at a level where you and some others are but we played as a team. I was best used as assist and clean up with minor aggressive play here and there.

spyder_ur

*slides Zoba a twenty*

Just 8 (7 if first one is won since i got the buff) games, that's all I need...

Didn't you get there yesterday? Could have sworn I saw you on the stream kicking ass. After running into you in salvage I know you don't need a carry. What did you get from the chest?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm at the glimmer cap, what should I be spending it on?

Namikaze1

Didn't you get there yesterday? Could have sworn I saw you on the stream kicking ass. After running into you in salvage I know you don't need a carry. What did you get from the chest?
A void scout rifle on my Warlock and a void ar on my Titan. Still need to do it on my Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom