• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help?

I'll be on in a little bit. I'm at level 19.5. Not sure what help you can give me until I get some legendary stuff to level up.

That said, maybe you can. It's been a long time since I did this grind...

Aww shit, top of page: ok, day 2 of the Xbox experiment. Xbox controller is superior to DS4. Game controls seem to be "tighter" on PS4 if that makes sense. PvP players are more aggressive on Xbox one. Colors appear to be more washed out on XB1, not sure if that is positive or negative. Umm... Thanks again to Zosa for carrying me through missions.

GhaleonEB

The trick is to rotate when the ads spawn. If you have a Titan, suppressor grenades prevent Captains from teleporting btw. Contesting a melee captain with Small Arms (nerfed shotguns) is too risky, you need to stay aware of the environment and know to get the hell away as soon as they come near.

We did; I think we had a good strategy and stayed off the platform where they could charge us as much as possible, only rotating there out of necessity and only then for a short time. We still got taken down often, usually in transit as we ran laps, by the adds. It kept getting us into a loop of having one person down, placing others in danger to get them back up.

Every failure was due to different circumstance, but about 80% of the deaths and all but a couple wipes were due to lightswitch.

Mindlog

We did; I think we had a good strategy and stayed off the platform where they could charge us as much as possible, only rotating there out of necessity and only then for a short time. We still got taken down often, usually in transit as we ran laps, by the adds. It kept getting us into a loop of having one person down, placing others in danger to get them back up.

Every failure was due to different circumstance, but about 80% of the deaths and all but a couple wipes were due to lightswitch.
We beat Skolas right after the patch and it was Lightswitch/Small Arms. It's just not that fun.

My favorite Skolas by far has been Void Burn. Void Burn +15% health for Skolas would be dang near perfect.

LiK

Nope. Just dusting off the XB1 I bought many months ago. Got a good price on Destiny so here I am. Probably still play on PS4 mostly.

... Unless I get a horn on XB1. Then the RNG gods will have clearly spoken their will.

You'll magically get a Hawkmoon in Xbox

Deku Tree

There were some who said Skolas was not too bad with lightswitch. Those people are not to be trusted. We gave up after an hour and a half at him.

Yeah lightswitch is brutal for Skolas. Your biggest enemy is the adds meleeing you. And some adds will teleport or spawn right behind you from out of no-where and then it can just cause a cheap frustrating not fun wipe. With the hot potatoe dynamic if the person about to grab the essence dies then all of a sudden it's last guardian standing and your in a tough spot.

ocean

Banned

I only did Skolas once this week. It is just annoying to have a boss battle where a vandal can pose a bigger threat than the big guy :p

Got back into Destiny Friday. Finished the main story today, and got to level 22. Not even sure why I originally stopped playing, but I'm having a good time.

Probably try and hit some of he DLC expansions sometime this week

Who is cheer leading? Those guys were carrying a lot of people including a lot of gaffers to Mercury and people like them here.

Too many people to quote, including you. I don't care that people like them. That's cool. I'm sure they are good people.

That said, in light of the 'scared' comments and uncertainty regarding the Triplewreck's team backing out, it took me all of 2 minutes to find the part of the stream where Triplewreck said that it was first to 4 wins and that the extra game was because they were waiting for another guy to come online so they could play other teams. When a bunch of people are so into a team that they make up an alternate reality, it reeks of the worst kind of sports fanaticism.

Too many people to quote, including you. I don't care that people like them. That's cool. I'm sure they are good people.

That said, in light of the 'scared' comments and uncertainty regarding the Triplewreck's team backing out, it took me all of 2 minutes to find the part of the stream where Triplewreck said that it was first to 4 wins and that the extra game was because they were waiting for another guy to come online so they could play other teams. When a bunch of people are so into a team that they make up an alternate reality, it reeks of the worst kind of sports fanaticism.

Jets beat the Pats in the Super Bowl last year. Tom Brady threw seven picks. I banged Hayden Panatierre at the after party.

Doberu

XxkatsuxX is my PSN username I'm on ps4 if anyone wants to add me. Like I stated before I'm lvl 25 right now so I'm trying to level up. Also I only have House of Wolves DLC I don't have Dark Below.

Deku Tree

How many games were they supposed to play total? 8?

Triple is playing a different team on his stream now.

It got too close for them huh? They needed to dump their worst guy for a ringer?

They're bringing in the xbox ringers.

Why did Triple's team back out?

Triple was calling FarNorthLegend FarNorthLagging.

I am watching Chris stream. That guy is always at the top of the scoreboard.

How many are they playing?

Gonna watch wow.

iAM vs 13 Devils going down now

I still don't see any cheerleading there... But w/e.

Eh. I have no idea how to watch anything except for the live stream. That's a bit much to say that people are making up an alternate reality but w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom