• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Just got carried by Unstable and Zoba , literally could not do anything, when playing with those two crucible monsters I felt like a snail trying to chase a ( pick whatever extremely fast animal you can think of). Felt very humbled and lucky to play with them, thanks guys.

Hey man congrats, I got to watch some of the stream, was cool to see you guys all kicking ass :D

Go get some sleep now, it's like 3AM for you lol, see you tomorrow :)

Nice! I was looking to do this one both my controllers. Is it tough? I have opened up my blue ps4 controller to fix the r2 button but never thought about sticks. Where did you get the xb1 sticks?

Got mine from Amazon for like 99 cents

This is a good mod. Xbone sticks are that good. I modded mine with some aluminum xbone sticks I got off ebay after mine wore out.

How does it feel? Do want.

Nice! I was looking to do this one both my controllers. Is it tough? I have opened up my blue ps4 controller to fix the r2 button but never thought about sticks. Where did you get the xb1 sticks?

It feels good so far. I got it off of eBay for $6. It's slightly taller than the ps4's sticks. The hardest part was peeling off the back after you take off the 4 screws. Then I'd also recommend using pliers to peel off the ribbon cables and use pliers to put the 2nd one back inside. I'll actually use it in about 15 minutes to see how it is :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221429316113

Gordon

yxC5lPC.jpg

So I got my Her Courtesy rolled to Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Battle Runner, and it's void - which I have been hurting for. I tried Battle Runner before on one of my Hard Luck Charms and ended up rerolling, but it was one of many arc shotties in my arsenal. I didn't have my warlock then either - just titans. So here's my question - do you think it's worth it to reroll hoping for pretty much the exact same roll with something better than battle runner, or should I give battle runner a second chance? Because I really want to ascend a void shotty, and I don't have the weapon parts to just reroll indefinitely. Or at all really lol

Thumbnail, because why the heck not?

EBay or amazon.

Got mine from Amazon for like 99 cents

It feels good so far. I got it off of eBay for $6. It's slightly taller than the ps4's sticks. The hardest part was peeling off the back after you take off the 4 screws. Then I'd also recommend using pliers to peel off the ribbon cables and use pliers to put the 2nd one back inside. I'll actually use it in about 15 minutes to see how it is :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221429316113

Thanks guys! I will be purchasing these :)

Gosh damn. I can't even play. Whenever I get into a match of sorts the lag is terrible and I hit stuff but the health doesn't decrease or show hit markers...

Namikaze1

What's everyone doing? I wish I was playing Destiny but I'm stuck having to make sure none of the nearly 20 teens partying here steal my shit. Don't ever agree to host your kid brother's graduation party. Ever.

Though I did schooled some fools in Mortal Kombat...

Even made one guy blow a fuse after beating him and performing a fatality while blindfolded. Little bastards wouldn't believe me when I said I could beat them blindfolded. I proved it before to my old college roommate and friends and I proved it again today.

Thank god the GF and friends came over though now I'm being forced to play Just Dance. I am not the dancing type.

So got anything good loot wise today? Any Gjallarhorns? Hawkmoons? Solar Jewels? Anything?

Please tell me anything. I don't wanna dance.

LiK

What's everyone doing? I wish I was playing Destiny but I'm stuck having to make sure none of the nearly 20 teens partying here steal my shit. Don't ever agree to host your kid brother's graduation party. Ever.

Even made one guy blow a fuse after beating him and performing a fatality while blindfolded. Little bastards wouldn't believe me when I said I could beat them blindfolded. I proved it before to my old college roommate and friends and I proved it again today.

Thank god the GF and friends came over though now I'm being forced to play Just Dance. I am not the dancing type.

So got anything good loot wise today? Any Gjallarhorns? Hawkmoons? Solar Jewels? Anything?

Losing in Trials. It's fun collecting coins.

All the train spots are taken.

yxC5lPC.jpg

So I got my Her Courtesy rolled to Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Battle Runner, and it's void - which I have been hurting for. I tried Battle Runner before on one of my Hard Luck Charms and ended up rerolling, but it was one of many arc shotties in my arsenal. I didn't have my warlock then either - just titans. So here's my question - do you think it's worth it to reroll hoping for pretty much the exact same roll with something better than battle runner, or should I give battle runner a second chance? Because I really want to ascend a void shotty, and I don't have the weapon parts to just reroll indefinitely. Or at all really lol

Battle Runner is glitched and of limited use, so I would forgo the 'trying it out' phase.

As for your roll, the Her Courtesy is not a great PvP shotgun, and those perks are of limited use in PvE. You don't need a lot of range in PvE, so that roll is actually pretty bad for that purpose.

If you want it for PvE, I'd try to roll full auto and speed reload or flared magwell, which isn't hard to roll for (though if you want void specifically then you're looking at something like 1 in 42 for those perks and void). I have a Her Courtesy with aggressive ballistics, full auto, and speed reload. I don't even have a good second perk, and it still crushes in PvE. I use it in Prison all the time.

If you want it for PvP, I'd say roll a better shotgun.

ocean

Banned
I keep getting messages from a DestinyGAF group on the Bungie official app. And I'm just like...

Who the hell are these people?

Lol i loved that MK part

Im just levelling my warlock. Cant play the expansions yet because there is no digital legendary edition so my options are limited =/

MildSoss

Nah, I'm good. I can't just do one tonight if I start. Gonna play regular PVP and complete some bounties. Thanks for the offer.

No Trials for me!

Should of accepted this guys invite, he's a ringer like Ruben and plays with him all the time too. =P

That screenshot quality though... Are you using your own capture card?

Nope! Native Xbone capture quality!! It's pretty awesome.

What am I looking at

Peregrine Greaves exotic. When you sprint and jump with the shoulder charge perk selected, they light up and arc blades come out of the knees, even in non-combat areas.

Yeah, aesthetically they are amazing. Not that bad perk wise either, one shotting Arc Blade users is amusing. All I wanted was Eternal Warrior, now I don't even use it because of the greaves.

I love shoulder charging... This just makes it even better!

Thanks guys! I will be purchasing these :)

I only got these ones on eBay since I had eBay credit. It was kind of tough trying to find ones people liked but most better than my current ripped ones. The ones I got are obviously knock offs now that I have it but should last. Can't really complain for $6

Namikaze1

I never knew how popular the Just Dance series are till tonight. Everyone (but me) is taking turns embarrassing themselves in front of everyone.

Lol i loved that MK part

Im just levelling my warlock. Cant play the expansions yet because there is no digital legendary edition so my options are limited =/
I told the guy the story before the match. Even had a friend who was there when I beat my roommate two years ago to back me up. He didn't believed us. I made him believe soon after.

How's the new Gjallarhorn leveling coming along? Unlocked Wolfpack yet?

Namikaze1

Dismantled all Queen weapons except a single Her Benevolence earlier. I'm running out of Vault space. Most of the weapons are shit anyway.

ocean

Banned
Dismantled all Queen weapons except a single Her Benevolence earlier. I'm running out of Vault space. Most of the weapons are shit anyway.
Queen's RL is actually top notch with the right perks. It and the sniper are probably the only stuff worth keeping tho.

Today was my first day back on Trials.
Start off 0-11 until I finally won my 12th Match. Then it was 1-19. Ended a 4-4 ticket (free start win) for a grand total of 4 wins and 23 losses.

4-4 ticket (I count the free loss as part of the 4), should have won a few of them but I'm about average and 4-23 is stupidity. Thorn can die in a fire.

I never knew how popular the Just Dance series are till tonight. Everyone (but me) is taking turns embarrassing themselves in front of everyone.

I told the guy the story before the match. Even had a friend who was there when I beat my roommate two years ago to back me up. He didn't believed us. I made him believe soon after.

How's the new Gjallarhorn leveling coming along? Unlocked Wolfpack yet?

Yep :)

But i ran out of bounties so i jumped to my warlock. Bounties should have reset now so maybe i will get back to my hunter

I do love how they give coins for losses as I can actually attempt trials forever and ever and not feel like as much crap for losing 9 strange coins. They go like hotcakes. But I would have gone to mercury 2 more times if they made this change earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom