• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

Edit: Top of page?! *shopshopshopshopshop*
TERRORLOCK!!!
awByRpK.png

Battle Runner is glitched and of limited use, so I would forgo the 'trying it out' phase.

As for your roll, the Her Courtesy is not a great PvP shotgun, and those perks are of limited use in PvE. You don't need a lot of range in PvE, so that roll is actually pretty bad for that purpose.

If you want it for PvE, I'd try to roll full auto and speed reload or flared magwell, which isn't hard to roll for (though if you want void specifically then you're looking at something like 1 in 42 for those perks and void). I have a Her Courtesy with aggressive ballistics, full auto, and speed reload. I don't even have a good second perk, and it still crushes in PvE. I use it in Prison all the time.

If you want it for PvP, I'd say roll a better shotgun.
Glitched? How so? I tried it on my HLC and I was disappointed by how briefly the buff lasted. I know Her Courtesy isn't tier-1 for PVP but then again neither am I. I've been enjoying my Hard Luck Charm with Aggressive/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Kneepads but in PVP and PVE. I find I use the range in PVE more actually, particularly in POE where one of those lightswitch captains can be a wipe if he gets closer than fusion rifle range lol
I've been relying on Swordbreaker for my void shotgun needs up until now, and I mean I enjoy the RoF and everything but I can't stand firing my clean-up shot and watching it hit for single digits. I fully intend to put the time in for a Matador, but until I do that I wanted to have a rainbow of shotties with decent perks for either mode at 365. So far the HLC is the only one I've ascended, and I very rarely equip anything else in my special slot. Speed reload isn't a big sell for me because I run two titans with war machine on, so my guns come with cascade on top more or less, and for shotguns it feels like a waste to double down on reload speed.

Thanks for the advice though. Don't get me wrong - I feel ya on the pve shotguns - I'm just irked by the damage dropoff being so abysmally short. It's like I'm just making a little cloud of flak three feet in front of me and everything beyond that is just giving me a bemused/puzzled look lol

I kinda hate myself for missing Felwinter - I was just so sick of IB..

But yeah what's up with Battle Runner?

Dave_6

Damn, been busy as hell all weekend and come on here to see that a new OT has begun and it's already 28 fucking pages! Wow.

Namikaze1

I will need to do a drunk raid tomorrow to forget this weekend. Maybe two drunk raids. No man should ever be forced to dance to a Rihanna song in front of a group of teens and friends.

Azerare

Finally got around to posting on this destiny thread. Seems like a cool community. Been playing since launch but still eh at best!

I will need to do a drunk raid tomorrow to forget this weekend. Maybe two drunk raids. No man should ever be forced to dance to a Rihanna song in front of a group of teens and friends.

Lol good on you for doing it though. I probably wouldn't have :p

Well, given enough beers maybe - but I wouldn't exactly call that dancing.

Ultra is king. Surprised Destiny is getting that much views to be honest. The hate for the game is real.

iQJEzwU.jpg

Destiny has established a viewership on twitch, its popularity there (although not really pulling insane numbers)is as long lasting as the OTs here. The vocal minority here on gaf loves to call the game dead and shit tho

ocean

Banned
Ultra is king. Surprised Destiny is getting that much views to be honest. The hate for the game is real.

iQJEzwU.jpg
How's the PS4 port situation, has it been patched? I play fighting games super casually so the problems probably wouldn't affect me but I'm curious :p

Finally got around to posting on this destiny thread. Seems like a cool community. Been playing since launch but still eh at best!

Welcome! Yea the game, in my opinion, is nothing without the community. Especially DestinyGAF. I would have stopped playing in December if it wasn't for DGAF. Anytime you're looking for anything, be sure to post!

I think Trials brought Destiny streaming up. The only time I really watched Twitch was when new PvE came out, or hard mode crota. Now I watch Trials every weekend.

Azerare

Welcome! Yea the game, in my opinion, is nothing without the community. Especially DestinyGAF. I would have stopped playing in December if it wasn't for DGAF. Anytime you're looking for anything, be sure to post!
Yea, have my group of buddies back home who I play with, but our schedules no longer mesh as well anymore. Would be nicer to rally people up then try lfg again ...

Just replayed Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Can it be September 1st already? But yeah I'll be back on in a hour so if anyone wants to trials then I'll be on.

ethomaz

Banned

iQJEzwU.jpg
There was a big Super tournament today.

How's the PS4 port situation, has it been patched? I play fighting games super casually so the problems probably wouldn't affect me but I'm curious :p
It was... it is close to 360 version in terms of lag... way better than PS3... graphic issues was fixed too.

The game is EVO ready now.

Namikaze1

Dear Iron Wafer,

Your services are needed tomorrow. We shall be Drunk Raiding. We should bring Miss Panda to keep us in line when we fuck up. We will wipe so many times during the Gorgon maze.

Edit: didn't see your post above.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

It's worth playing now. I'm personally waiting to get a PS4 stick. I use to be a pad player but I transitioned to a stick. I'll play with you if you plan on getting it. I usually play on PC.

Yea, have my group of buddies back home who I play with, but our schedules no longer mesh as well anymore. Would be nicer to rally people up then try lfg again ...

Yea my IRL friends stopped playing in November so I found this community and it's been awesome. Tuesday reset especially, this thread flies with people looking for Nightfalls, PoE 32/34/35. Then Trials on the weekends. VoG and CE are a little harder but it seems to have been popular lately with a combination of new and old players.

That's not to say there's no chances after Tuesday but mainly that Tuesday, there's basically an endless supply of people looking to do things.

rNilla

Dear Iron Wafer,

Your services are needed tomorrow. We shall be Drunk Raiding. We should bring Miss Panda to keep us in line when we fuck up. We will wipe so many times during the Gorgon maze.

Edit: didn't see your post above.

Maybe it's time for Hawkmoon raid.

ocean

Banned
It's worth playing now. I'm personally waiting to get a PS4 stick. I use to be a pad player but I transitioned to a stick. I'll play with you if you plan on getting it. I usually play on PC.

Planning on getting it in a week or two, I'll let you know! Just trust me when I say, I am terribad at fighting games but just enjoy playing :)

Magik

After going 27-1 I get the following...

Void Messenger (Double - I need Solar or Arc)
Arc Summoner (WHY!?!?!?!)
Solar Scholar (=\)

... Weapon parts.

I will say Trials this week was a lot of fun.

My interest in ToO is definitely fading though.

Azerare

Curious on how the big chest in poe works. I know first 28 run gives an exotic, but is there still a chance for an exotic roll after so long as you have a key

Apt101

I would slowly, slowly, pleasure an elderly woman for an exotic auto rifle. Also I just ordered a Scuf controller for this game. $200 well spent or thrown away, I guess I'll find out soon.

Apt101

Doberu you spurned me! Good times tonight though man, good luck on getting that level 28. I am here if you want to invite.

ocean

Banned
I would slowly, slowly, pleasure an elderly woman for an exotic auto rifle. Also I just ordered a Scuf controller for this game. $200 well spent or thrown away, I guess I'll find out soon.

Auto Rifles have sadly been murdered by Bungie. Since launch. they've had their damage, crit multiplier, range and accuracy reduced. They're not objectively the worst weapon class in the game, for every encounter and every circumstance :/

The SUROS Regime used to be the king of the game. Now it's just vault decoration. Monte Carlo was never top-tier but it looks amazing and can be used for a melee build very effectively. Hard Light...meh. Not terrible (or no worse than ARs are in general) but nothing special either. Necrochasm is a solid candidate for worst weapon in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom