• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I can go for armor and weapons?

You can open the big chest with the treasure key, and I think the 2 side chests. In that big chest I don't remember if you can get armor but you get a queens weapon and then an exotic weapon chance.

L32 gives armor core.
L34 gives weapon core and etheric light
L35 gives armor and weapon core, and etheric light.
The above you can only get once per char per week. Opening the big chest is infinite regardless of level as long as you have treasure keys.

Apt101

Auto Rifles have sadly been murdered by Bungie. Since launch. they've had their damage, crit multiplier, range and accuracy reduced. They're not objectively the worst weapon class in the game, for every encounter and every circumstance :/

The SUROS Regime used to be the king of the game. Now it's just vault decoration. Monte Carlo was never top-tier but it looks amazing and can be used for a melee build very effectively. Hard Light...meh. Not terrible (or no worse than ARs are in general) but nothing special either. Necrochasm is a solid candidate for worst weapon in the game.

I know. I am running Red Death now and think 321 SYZYGY is the best main weapon for a warlock pre-exotic. I just want an exotic AR. Like a trophy.

Namikaze1

I'm calling it a night. Friends aren't going to let me live this down any time soon. Especially after breaking the previous High score on the Katy Perry song. The GF set the previous score back in March and now my name is up there. Jerks agreed to never attempt breaking the high score.

I'll pay more for a video.
there's no footage of the events that transpired tonight cause I'm making sure no one uploads that shit on to YouTube.

So I'll be checking out the 7-11 down the street in the morning for the special Destiny Red Bull cans. Will hand out any spare codes I get if I find them in the store.

Gordon

I know. I am running Red Death now and think 321 SYZYGY is the best main weapon for a warlock pre-exotic. I just want an exotic AR. Like a trophy.
Trophy exotic? Farm up a necrochasm. It's the most effort you can put into an auto rifle. I mean least reward too, but it looks pretty cool. And the perk would be awesome if it was feasible to meet the requirements for proc'ing lol

Wait, it works like the MIDA perk, as a passive agility buff? Hold the phone, because that just hit tier 1 if it's true... (link)

You have to kill someone for it to be applicable, and then it's only active for a few seconds and can bug out when the buff wears off. I wouldn't consider that close to Tier 1 even if there is a base increase to agility when the perk is active.

ocean

Banned
Trophy exotic? Farm up a necrochasm. It's the most effort you can put into an auto rifle. I mean least reward too, but it looks pretty cool. And the perk would be awesome if it was feasible to meet the requirements for proc'ing lol

Can you still get the Husk of the Pit to drop? Haven't heard anyone say they got theirs in a long time now.

Gordon

You have to kill someone for it to be applicable, and then it's only active for a few seconds and can bug out when the buff wears off. I wouldn't consider that close to Tier 1 even if there is a base increase to agility when the perk is active.
Oh just when it's active? :( I thought they meant all the time lol

Gordon

Can you still get the Husk of the Pit to drop? Haven't heard anyone say they got theirs in a long time now.
I mean I assume - why would they bother taking that off the loot table? lol
Come to think of it I have't seen any husks lately...

Namikaze1

Ugh. On Tower Ghost right now. I see I don't have much room left in my weapons vault. 80% of it is exotic. I will have to yet again dismantle a lot of stuff before the next expansion. I seriously need double the vault space. Damn you, last gen!

Those fun matches with GAF yesterday really broke my
voice
Can barely talk right now with the feeling of 10 razor blades in my throat. Fun time with all the people that joined!

B-b-but Necro does like 14 damage per headshot!

It's beast mode! >.<

I still want one tho >.>

ocean

Banned
I mean I assume - why would they bother taking that off the loot table? lol
Come to think of it I have't seen any husks lately...

They removed the Blades of Crota from Patrol. You can still find one on the first TDB story mission but I'm not sure whether the Husk still drops.

Maybe Necrochasm is that exclusive launch-player reward.

I hope it's not removed from the game, i'll be pissed if it is.

Although i have farmed for so long and never found a Husk yet :/

Edit: Recent reply circa May 2015

Hello theshaper. The Husk of the Pit has not been removed. You can still get the weapon from killing the Blades of Crota in the "Fist of Crota" story mission. The Husk of the Pit is a very low drop however so you might have to repeat the beginning of the mission and keep killing the Blades of Crota until it drops.

https://www.bungie.net/ru/Forum/Post/126021695/0/0

todd360

We also had to fight a lag switch team and a team of three radiance warlocks who each had the fast revive helmet. Oh and all three had thorn. Got stomped by them.

The lag switch team was tough because the warlock was lagging through gun fire. When we managed to kill him he revived and became a bigger problem than he already was. We won, but it was super stressful.

I almost did fig. We only needed to win one more match and we still had the mercy. All of a sudden we were up against a entire team of iron banner snipers. We got wrecked. Its just this map. I can't stand it.

Final Round is such a joke. Anybody scumming it is guaranteed to not be very good, so rushing them is usually the best option.

Ryuuga

Banned
Greatest game of trials just now. Some friends and I have been trying to hit the lighthouse for a few weeks now. We got to 8-0, our final round the opposing team tried to lag switch and got lagged out of the match. So thank you cheaters

Gordon

Ugh. On Tower Ghost right now. I see I don't have much room left in my weapons vault. 80% of it is exotic. I will have to yet again dismantle a lot of stuff before the next expansion. I seriously need double the vault space. Damn you, last gen!
Hey now - Bungie could easily let go of this fixation on having every item you own on-screen and interactive at once. I mean I get that's it's nice to have an overview, but I would much prefer panes for each weapon slot and subtype with more space for each. Very rarely does my rocket launcher count impact my handcannon decision-making. Although I wouldn't be against having a little fast-grab area that can have anything allocated to it. A little loadout tray with the rest of your vault sorted below it. Even just for last gen consoles if that's what it takes to get a reasonable amount of vault space for collecting.

B-b-but Necro does like 14 damage per headshot!

It's beast mode! >.<

I still want one tho >.>
It's pure trophy - it's perfect. Looks sweet, but you know - keep it in the case lol

They removed the Blades of Crota from Patrol. You can still find one on the first TDB story mission but I'm not sure whether the Husk still drops.

Maybe Necrochasm is that exclusive launch-player reward.
I farm the fist all the time - three blades is easy experience with Eris' bounty - I grab it whenever I have a piece of gear to level and I don't have a lot of time. I used to get husk drops reasonably often, but I haven't seen one in a while. Not long enough to say for sure or anything, but enough to lend some credence to the theory at least in my mind.

Edit: lol yeah bungie's gift to us. I ascended my TDYK - that's the best cred I got seeing as I dismantled my queen's helmet for space way back when :/

Gordon

Wait until Rodiard becomes the next OT caretaker. No Land Beyonds everywhere.
zJwy5AI.png
lol that's basically exotic rolls in general from TDB launch until HOW finally calmed things down, at least for me lol

ocean

Banned
To Trials of Osiris teams:

Keeper of the Pack is a great perk (Crest of Alpha Lupi and Light Beyond Nemesis). Having all 3 members wear it is just silly though. If two of you are wearing it, every revive will be quick. No matter who dies, either person dead or the one reviving will have the perk if 2/3 members have it.

That is all.

M3Rocket

Too many people to quote, including you. I don't care that people like them. That's cool. I'm sure they are good people.

That said, in light of the 'scared' comments and uncertainty regarding the Triplewreck's team backing out, it took me all of 2 minutes to find the part of the stream where Triplewreck said that it was first to 4 wins and that the extra game was because they were waiting for another guy to come online so they could play other teams. When a bunch of people are so into a team that they make up an alternate reality, it reeks of the worst kind of sports fanaticism.

This is several hours old, but this needs clarification. Most of us were only watching the Devils' stream. The Devils themselves were confused as to why Triple's team stopped and pulled out. So clearly, if Triple communicated that at the beginning, that's one thing. But not one of the Devils understood why Triple's team dropped out after their last loss and it wasn't communicated to them. 30 minutes before the match, people already asked Nghtly about how many games, and he said he didn't know since Triple didn't specify.

I was on 13 Devil's member Chris's stream, and he got in Triple's chat after they left. And Triple never told him about the "first to 4." He simply said they were going to play other iAM team members without explaining himself to Chris. Chris then reported back to Nghtly in their chat. They were thoroughly confused.

So if Triplewrecked really meant first to 4 BEFORE the match began, it wasn't known or communicated to the 13 Devils group.

Gordon

Got from 27 to 29 today so YAY! Got my first exotic weapon ever, played HM VoG, and played my first PoE matches which I really like.
Nice! What did you get? VoG is the most rewarding piece of content in the game imo
and I still haven't got vex or fatebringer :(

Well I just went 2.11 using Shard Light in Control. Still lost the match, too. Either the enemy team was really bad or this gun is secretly good.

...it was the enemy team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom