• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Did troll trials today. Ran into some weird shit. Using necrochasm and Vestian dynasty or summoner and queensbreaker my team ran into lag switchers, a lvl 34 with 0 weapons at all. No primary, no special, no heavy. Also necrochasm is a piece of shit. Sorry Nami but the truth sucks. 14 dmg head shots. Just no.

EDIT: Top of Page!

1 shot. 2 kills.

ocean

Banned
The skybox on Phobos is crazy. Is there any render of what Mars would actually look like from the surface of Phobos? I know it's a super close orbit.

Byron come back and give us space pictures!

The skybox on Phobos is crazy. Is there any render of what Mars would actually look like from the surface of Phobos? I know it's a super close orbit.

Byron come back and give us space pictures!

I think it's even close in-game because the cabal pulled it closer to mars to use as a doomsday tool against the Vex.

The cabal are nuts man

Apt101

I am in Vestian Outpost. Master Ives asked "Are you here for mindless violence?" and Petra yelled to him "Yes!". Funny.

Managed to help some friends get to 7 wins and that rocket launcher. They both had terrible PvP launchers, so it felt pretty good. One of them was 33 until we got the boots. Lots of huge comebacks and sweaty matches, and we really started to gel as a team. Hoping for more trials experiences like that, most fun I've had in awhile.

Its not going anywhere....at least thats what i tell myself when i cry myself to sleep every night.

I do want the boots and maybe the launcher so if anyone needs one for trials im your man.

Legendkilla3rd

Does anyone think that the Skolas encounter is enjoyable or designed well?

I've been playing MMOs and RPGs and FPS for like 15 years and this is by far the worst fucking excuse of a fight I've ever had the misfortune of partaking in. Fucking embarrassing that this fight and Vault of Glass are in the same game.

Why has it been lightswitch for the past couple of weeks?

ocean

Banned

I've been playing MMOs and RPGs and FPS for like 15 years and this is by far the worst fucking excuse of a fight I've ever had the misfortune of partaking in. Fucking embarrassing that this fight and Vault of Glass are in the same game.

It wasn't Lightswitch last week. Or any of the burn weeks. Don't remember Lightwitch before this reset.

I have not done skolas since bungie made the changes. Before I thought it was meh and after I really can't comment on the fight after the changes. But lightswitch...nope don't want to attempt that.

M3Rocket

It wasn't Lightswitch last week. Or any of the burn weeks. Don't remember Lightwitch before this reset.

It was LS and Small Arms for about 12-14 hours on patch day and that was the only other time. It's not "nice", but as long as the team communicates well, it's not terrible either. Unlike Arc Burn in hive room/dismantle mines, Round 4 of PoE 34. Now that with the Psion's and Phalanxes is just nasty even with a bubble. An invis Hunter rules there though.

It was last Monday. I think that was when they did the patch. Was it less of a shit encounter with people spamming Gjallarhorns at it?

Frankly I believe the "spamming Gjallarhorn" is a design flaw of the "expansion" packs. Too many bullet sponges and being forced under level are the issue. Hopefully the next raid will actually have some good mechanics instead of DPS aka gjallarhorn.

Frankly I believe the "spamming Gjallarhorn" is a design flaw of the "expansion" packs. Too many bullet sponges and being forced under level are the issue. Hopefully the next raid will actually have some good mechanics instead of DPS aka gjallarhorn.

It is a horrible flaw. And it makes getting groups somewhat annoying, there's lots of 'Must have 365 Gally' posts in LFG, and lots of shitty players that think a Gjallarhorn means they can die every few minutes.

Bullet sponges have been a colossal issue since day one, health reductions are one of the best things to happen to the game. I, like you, really hope we'll get a well made raid soon. something along the lines of VoG, with actual mechanics that are interesting enough to make me not hate going back every week to snag another few items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom